Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 12:32 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Same here in Florida. Though I am no fan of the current corrupt Governor.
They all come down from the northeast for lower property taxes and no income tax (state).
They then procede to vote for the same militant progressive mentality that drove them from the nanny state north east.
It is mind boggling how blind they are.
No, we come for the climate -- the lack of snow, the warm weather, the sunshine. Then we stay and change the political climate.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 12:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
All if this talk about the Redskins made me think about the topic of armchair liberals. Does anyone here deal with armchair liberals on a daily basis? I live in a city full of them. Urban dictionary gives a pretty good definition for being urban dictionary "a person of liberal ideals who takes no action to realize them." I think the biggest "theme" for armchair liberals is how they think they are helping the poor simply because they vote Democrat, then they dust off their hands and congratulate themselves on being such great activists. I find them annoying, but harmless.

Since you imply conservatives are somehow different, since you apparently believe conservatives do more than simply vote Republican, think they're dong something for the country, then dust off hands and congratulate themselves on being such great patriots, how about telling us specifically just what you're doing to benefit the country?

I find the self-Righteous arm-chair conservatives annoying, unfortunately they're not harmless to the country.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
No, we come for the climate -- the lack of snow, the warm weather, the sunshine. Then we stay and change the political climate.

You're welcome.
I hear southern California has a "lack of snow, warm weather, the sunshine". I'm curious. Why didn't you move to California, instead of Florida, where no "political climate" change would be necessary?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:51 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,473 times
Default Is there a reverse?

I think the biggest "theme" for armchair conservative is how they think they are helping the poor simply because they vote Republican, then they dust off their hands and congratulate themselves on being such great activists. I find them annoying, but harmless.

???

Old 06-19-2014, 01:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Libertarianism is to let government be someone else's problem? Well that makes sense why we won't see any Libertarian in national politics.
Libertarianism is to make sure government is not a problem, which it is right now. I'm sure that ruins your perception of the divinity of the Government.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I deal with armchair conservatives. You know, they make up the majority of the Republican party. The ones who sit silent and don't talk about a balance budget once conservatives are in office, blame government for their own personal failings in life rather than take ownership for their lack of success, whine about everything the left does even if it was the best course of action or the same thing that would have happened under conservative leadership, etc.

While this forum is almost entirely angry conservatives, I see very few posts of any substance, so I'd argue that armchair conservatives are a bigger problem and it would be nice to actually see any posts of the conservative variety here that are well thought out with ideas based on data and facts.
Agreed.

Only in a forum listing so far to the right that were it a ship it would have capsized and sunk ages ago can we have people complaining about "armchair liberals" when 95% of the forum posts are insane, hate-filled, fact-free rants about "Obama" and "liberals." If there were any arm-chair liberals around here, they left for greener pastures long ago... and who can blame them?

Sadly, "angry conservative" is far more common than "arm-chair conservative." All that rage is their driving motivation - rage against the government, "Obama," "liberals," and "those people" - it's rather nuts and definitely not harmless.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Libertarianism is to make sure government is not a problem, which it is right now. I'm sure that ruins your perception of the divinity of the Government.
How do libertarians do that if they have no interest in participating in our current government? That is called sitting on one's hands syndrome.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
How do libertarians do that if they have no interest in participating in our current government? That is called sitting on one's hands syndrome.
There have been plenty of libertarians that have been in government, you choose to ignore them. They are not 100% correct, but they are the most correct.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
There have been plenty of libertarians that have been in government, you choose to ignore them. They are not 100% correct, but they are the most correct.
In Congress? I am not talking local elections, I am talking State and National elections.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
In Congress? I am not talking local elections, I am talking State and National elections.
Ron Paul is a libertarian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies