Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
After doing some research and talking with a lot of my gay friends I think I have finally got a good grasp on the causes for homosexuality.

1) Lacking / Absence / Neglect from a parental figure

2) Abuse

Those are the two main ones. But you can not attribute all cases to the above.

3) The want or need to be different and/or rebel against social norms

There you have it folks. Discuss

And I present this back to you~~~
good grief

Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM

675 posts, read 543,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And on your bigotry. Don't forget that part. That's the most important and significant element in your "findings."

Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Premise of the thread is based on his (my) findings from his (my) sample size.
And yet the title of the thread is "I present to you the causes for homosexuality".

How is this pile of garbage not locked/deleted?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
And yet the title of the thread is "I present to you the causes for homosexuality".

How is this pile of garbage not locked/deleted?
Its the causes based on my research.

You mad?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:12 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
Why do you assume one must be something or do something to have a fascination?

I have plenty of hobbies and my life is great. Been doing what I love (traveling the world) since I graduated college in 09.

How many gay friends? Well I did not keep a concrete journal on this but id say combining classmates with coworkers it is in the neighborhood of 20-30.
Your "research" and "conclusions" and lack of any evidence should be enough to have your college take back your diploma.

What kind of BS is this?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Your "research" and "conclusions" and lack of any evidence should be enough to have your college take back your diploma.

What kind of BS is this?
Sorry I didn't hire an outside firm to record and track all my conversations over the past um 15 years so I could provide the CD with evidence.

Sorry you dont want to recognize the truth.

This is a tough subject.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
What exactly do you need or want with your answers? Are you somehow going to "cure" them?

What difference does it all really make?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
There is not a shred of evidence to suggest gayness is biological. Please stop.
That's a total BS statement. Do your research - a cursory Google search will proof that things like being straight, gay, etc. are biologically driven. Otherwise, if you're just going to make crap up, don't waste people's time posting here...

It amazes me what passes for reason, such as nuts actually thinking people choose their sexual preference... wow...

I still love the concept of people being gay because of "rebellion" - do you honestly think ANYONE is going to do that?? I mean, seriously - why, yes, let's have sex with somebody I'm not attracted to - but I'll pretend I'm attracted to - as a form of rebellion... Wow... you really think people do that??

Old 06-19-2014, 01:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Sorry I didn't hire an outside firm to record and track all my conversations over the past um 15 years so I could provide the CD with evidence.

Sorry you dont want to recognize the truth.

This is a tough subject.
So, you have no evidence at all aside from a "few people" you claim to know, and yet expect us to believe your findings are worth the waste of bandwidth you created by posting them AND that your "discoveries" are more credible than years of research from the scientific community?

I have a new theory - based on talking to a few people on the internet - that people who have it in for gays or people of other sexual orientations are, themselves, questioning their own sexual orientation and are looking for a cover to hide their uncertainty.

I have the same lack of evidence to support this theory that you have for yours, but I expect you to accept it just as you expect us to accept yours.

Sorry if you don't want to recognize the truth - this is a tough subject.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:33 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I don't ride horses. So I never talk to horse people (well perhaps I do but since I don't ride horses it's not the topic of conversation) about riding horses. I never read articles about horses, or watch TV shows about horses, or even worry about what horse people are doing when I'm not around. I certainly don't start threads about riding horses, since I'm not into that.

Why the fascination with what another person is doing? Do you not have any hobbies to distract you? Are you not concerned about your own lifestyle? Maybe improving on it or making it better. Or here's a whacky thought, enjoying yourself and the things you are into? Perhaps?

How many "gay" friends did you discuss this with?
I think you're missing an opportunity here. You clearly have every bit as much expertise about horses and the horseback riding hobby as the OP has about homosexuality. Maybe you could follow the OP's lead and start a thread explaining all about why people love horses and want to ride them.

I could do the same thing. I've never been to a stock car race, so I should do what the OP is doing and start a thread expounding on my complete understanding of the causes for people to like to watch stock car races.

I'll suggest another idea. I'm a huge fan of the Grateful Dead. If there is anyone out there who doesn't know anything about the Grateful Dead, and preferably has never heard any of their music, maybe you could do as the OP has done, and explain to all of us why people like the Grateful Dead.

We could even start a club, "Explanations of Everything by People Who Know Nothing". I nominate the OP as our first president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies