Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Stop lying to yourself.
Stop calling other people liars.

Quote:
I also go to gay clubs sometimes and man, there is maybe 100-200 plus in there.
You must be a barrel of laughs whenever they play Lady Gaga's "Born This Way." I can just picture you standing up on the bar shrieking "NO YOU WEREN'T!"

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Lol I love how people get so defensive about this.

I mean, I understand admitting to abuse and other factors is not easy. Having to grasp that you might not have been born that way is also a tough thought.

I get it.
Except when there is nothing to admit. I was never abused in any way, unless you consider having a happy childhood, being loved unconditionally ,and well provided for abuse.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:43 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Yea, you understand similar factors and how one can draw conclusions?
Actual scientific proof? Like from scientists that have studied homosexuality and concluded that there is no inherent basis?

Sorry, your sub-set and conclusions don't count.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,064,367 times
The handful of gay guys I do know all had distant, quiet unassertive fathers and domineering mothers. One was abused by some family members.

All claim they always felt different.

All partake in random sexual acts in inappropriate places including public bathrooms and parks. They said they cant help it.

All are successful business men.

None are particularly happy.

But don't let those facts stop anyone from saying gays are just like straights. We all know you aren't allowed to say that anymore or you will be labeled a hater.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The spirit of homosexuality comes to many people.. it is a lying spirit.. It is also turn into a lust spirit if one entertains the thought. Some people think they have no choice.. they do.

If they believe the lying spirit they will feed on it... homosexuality is an activity. A man can love a man but when it turns into sexual activity it is wrong. The spirit of lust takes many forms. It is defeating it and not entertaining it and accepting it in your life is where homosexuality gains control. If one practices self control they can defeat each thought that comes in the mind that is wrong.
In other word, the typical straight man has a lustful, lying spirit inside him that makes him wonder how good it would feel like to indulge in homosexual sex? And all straight guys who fall for it become homosexuals or bisexuals?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Oh it was there alright. I dont think people are gonna lie about stuff like that.
I am a lesbian, and I am telling you there was no abuse, neglect, or rebellion in my life.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:47 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsunknown View Post
The anti gay agenda to the right is what anti guns are to the left. Its a dead end road. If someone wants to be gay and it does not matter if its genetics or by choice its their life and we should leave them along. There are areas to fight. If the left moves to teach it as a viable way of life in schools there is some ground to limit this. The right needs to let it go. Its a non winner. There will never be a return to the 50s anti gay thinking. Its not going to happen any more than we will return to a slave pre civil war society. Its not going to happen and to play with it is a lose lose way of doing things. Parents who are religious and conservative can teach their kids its not a way of life they approve of. That is a parents choice, just as someone could teach their kids Jews or Blacks are sub human if that is the choice they want to make. But as a group both left and right go too far on some issues. The left goes too far in wanting abortions on demand at walmart and the right wants to deny them in all situations while denying me my gun rights.

Does failing to go along with everything homosexuals want (same-sex marriage, transvestites in women's restrooms, gay propaganda in the schools) mean one is anti-homosexual?

No one is saying homosexuals cannot engage in private acts of homosexuality, but where do we draw the line for the rest of it?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM

675 posts, read 544,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The handful of gay guys I do know all had distant, quiet unassertive fathers and domineering mothers. One was abused by some family members.

All claim they always felt different.

All partake in random sexual acts in inappropriate places including public bathrooms and parks. They said they cant help it.

All are successful business men.

None are particularly happy.

But don't let those facts stop anyone from saying gays are just like straights. We all know you aren't allowed to say that anymore or you will be labeled a hater.
Yes, I am honestly surprised this doesnt get pushed mainstream. I guess I am being naive as the mainstream is mostly liberal and think gayness is genetic.

Even with this theory, you have to be careful in the way you ask gays. Many have a hard time admitting abuse the the like and def would not want to admit it if they knew in what context you were trying to use it for.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Not sure id say alot but one of the recurring things I hear about when they do interviews is abuse many times sexual as a child.
And so the males, after being sexually abused by a male so many times it starts feeling good and since it was their first introduction to sex, they decide to become homosexual, having lost much interest in the opposite sex? Is that exactly how it works?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:49 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,600,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am a lesbian, and I am telling you there was no abuse, neglect, or rebellion in my life.
Well, ignoring that you're abusing innocent bigots by existing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies