Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He also " compares fellow Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic senator from California who chairs the Intelligence Committee, to a prostitute."

Schweitzer knows exactly what he's doing.
Yeah, he does.

What better way to garner name recognition.
And, there is still some large proportion of the U.S. population that really appreciates that kind of, ahem, "straight talk."

I'm finding it pretty funny myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 03:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm long on the record as being pro-gay around here (see status) and that is indeed a disrespectful comment to an non-partisan observer.

I can only hope you don't work around a corporate environment with that attitude or you will be on a first name basis with human resources.
lol. More faux outrage! Waaaaaaa. Call Human Resources! Baaaaaaaaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
LOL, this is a good one coming from a citizen of a country that tells the entire world how to be!!!!
Hardly. I'm a "the Lord helps those who help themselves" kind of person.

I didn't vote for the warmonger we currently have, so don't blame me!

Not to mention we don't tell Canada how to live, nor do we care. All we do with Canada is laugh at them and their Fords.

I'm pretty sure there's a Canada forum here. I can't imagine going there and telling Canadians how to live. It would be totally beneath me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Maybe you should stop worrying about what we do in the States and concentrate on your own little frozen wasteland of a country. Thanks in advance.
That's the truth. What, exactly, do they have there that we could possibly want?

Old 06-19-2014, 03:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Maybe some day you Americans might grow up and such nonsense won't matter to anyone anymore. Here in Ontario we just elected our Premier with an overwhelming mandate. The fact that she is a lesbian and has a wife was something that did not play into the election a single little bit. I really don't understand what is the problem in the USA that so many people are hated or marginalized for a wide variety of reasons.

You should be like Canadians, "Don't worry, be happy", instead of freaking out on a constant basis and being miserable most of the time over trifles.
Big deal, the USA can top that with no problem. We currently have a gay communist married to a transgender and was twice elected president..! No one here is quite sure which one is butch and which one is fem...

Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
That one person in a party says one thing doesn't mean that they represent the overall party. In terms of him having a wife and kids, so did Larry Craig. That didn't stop him from tapping under airport stalls now did it.
If a man is by all outwardly appearances married to a woman with 3 kids -- shouldn't you need more evidence than "I think he acts gay" before you start insinuating that he is in a sham marriage?

Old 06-19-2014, 04:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
also from the OP's link:

Quote:
Also in the interview, Schweitzer compares fellow Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic senator from California who chairs the Intelligence Committee, to a prostitute.
"She was the woman who was standing under the streetlight with her dress pulled all the way up over her knees," he said about Feinstein’s position on intelligence gathering. “And now she says, 'I'm a nun,' when it comes to this spying. I mean, maybe that's the wrong metaphor — but she was all in!"
Democratic strategist Ben LaBolt, who was also President Barack Obama's national press secretary for his 2012 re-election campaign, said Schweitzer's comments will have consequences, “largely disqualifying” him from presidential run.
I have to wonder if he was a lil tipsy for this interview. He would have been an interesting candidate in 2016 if Hillary were to opt out. He worked on irrigation projects around the world before becoming gov, and he is fluent in Arabic. Nice combo of real world experience and executive gov't experience as 2 term Montana gov. Dems face a dearth of good candidates if Hillary opts out. I don't think he comes back from this. He's not going to make it through Dem primary with this on his record.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I was turned off by him when he teamed up with Raggedy Ann (Debbie Wasserman Schultz)
That is such a perfect name for her.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:47 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/19/brian-schweitzer-says-his-gaydar-goes-off-when-he-sees-eric-cantor/?hpt=hp_t2]Brian Schweitzer says his ‘gaydar’ goes off when he sees Eric Cantor – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Democrat governor accuses Eric Cantor of most likely being gay out of thin blue air. Eric Cantor has been married to his wife for 25 years and has 3 children with her.

He then also went on to say that southern men have gay-like/women-like mannerisms.

The party of tolerance.
The accusation of being homosexual should be considered a compliment considering the typical intolerant sources but instead it is always intended and considered to be the derogatory insult that it is.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Someone's sexual orientation is none of anyone's business... Pretty retarded for the democrat governor to even mention it...

Old 06-19-2014, 07:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
I have heard of men being married for 25 years and having 3 kids only to come out as gay. I don't know Cantor well enough, though Lindsay Graham on the other had might like the muscular types when he gets the chance.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:22 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have heard of men being married for 25 years and having 3 kids only to come out as gay. I don't know Cantor well enough, though Lindsay Graham on the other had might like the muscular types when he gets the chance.
I never put much stock in those rumors [accusations ?] that Obama is gay. Then I saw him throw a baseball. Maybe he competes with Graham for the muscular types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies