Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
But with lesbians, because it's widely known that two chicks are hot by the privileged straight male community, that it's not really a big deal. It might matter to the religious folk, and it's definitely true that their "approval" of lesbianism is based on pure misogyny (women exist for the pleasure of men.)
Honestly, I think that lesbian hotness is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 10:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
It's interesting thinking about it from the perspective of a bisexual and how the signals for me are never mixed, at all, and how I've perceived things differently at different times in my life. Think about it like this. If your a straight male, think about having sex with what you perceive to be an "ugly" female. It would repulse you. Do vice versa if your a woman. And so on depending on your sexual orientation.

It's more an issue of simply not being attracted to it. It's not bad that you don't find two guys kissing not attractive. It could simply be that you don't like the thought of yourself kissing another guy. Not because your anti-gay or even homophobic, but simply because its a natural uncontrollable reaction.

I don't like when people on either side get so up in arms. We just need to be tolerant.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:40 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
All of them I've known have been able to count.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:06 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's indifference until it stages a parade or gets in faces. Then it changes from indifference to revulsion.
But that's not what we're talking about. Parades don't represent all gay people.

Were your revolted by blacks who marched on Washington and got all up in people's faces about being discriminated against?

Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Immaturity and a lack of impulse control. Any heterosexual male is going to be a little grossed out at the idea of male homosexual sex...it's just not natural to us. Mature people with an adult capacity for self restraint manage to just not think about it, and suppress any initial emotional reactions when confronted with it.
Not sure about that. Both my closest guy friends are totally straight womanizer types. Both are very pro-gay and neither one is particularly grossed out by it. They don't particularly have any interest in doing it, but even one of them has joked that he'd totally have oral sex with his celebrity man crush.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
I don't really mean to be that provocative with the title, but it seems like most ire towards gay people is towards gay men. It's mostly at the hands of insecure men who, in order to prove their mythical masculinity to the world, feel the need to disparage gay guys as less than them. They make up all sorts of accusations about them too.

But with lesbians, because it's widely known that two chicks are hot by the privileged straight male community, that it's not really a big deal. It might matter to the religious folk, and it's definitely true that their "approval" of lesbianism is based on pure misogyny (women exist for the pleasure of men.)

What do you think? Do lesbians count?

Look...

Lotsa lefties will never "get it."

All these gays want to get married just so they can have abortions.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
I don't really mean to be that provocative with the title, but it seems like most ire towards gay people is towards gay men. It's mostly at the hands of insecure men who, in order to prove their mythical masculinity to the world, feel the need to disparage gay guys as less than them. They make up all sorts of accusations about them too.
Yes, that's the standard liberal line about people who disapprove of homosexuality. Just like any guy who doesn't agree with giving women free birth control is also an insecure man threatened by independent women. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no evidence backing these sorts of claims up. It's just the usual liberal practice of marginalizing people who don't agree with them.
Quote:

What do you think? Do lesbians count?
That's definitely true, eh? According to what evidence? Again, it's just rhetoric, not fact.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:41 AM

147 posts, read 130,096 times
I'm not sure where the "hot lesbian" myth came from. What one might see on television or photos is certainly not reality. The only lesbians I know are dog ugly, and that is no joke. I have even wondered if they chose that lifestyle because no man would have them. I'm serious, they are that ugly.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:44 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol.

Amazing and amusing.

Straight men who verbally attack gay men do so because they are REVOLTED by
them.

This is a liberal thread. You can't introduce a logical thought here.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:47 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post

Like most women feel like engaging in any kind of sex after their genitals are mutilated so severely.
Was this thread about lesbians in general or those who suffer at the hand of other women who perform ritualistic female circumcisions?

I would think sex with a woman would be the last thing they would care about since women did it to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies