Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times

Advertisements

I hope the kid gets off.

Quote:
Beaten, mocked and tormented by classmates, Noel Estevez begged to escape his middle-school nightmare — but in the end, he felt the only way out was at the point of a knife.
The bullied Bronx teen told his family, “I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die, I can feel it,” and begged them to get him out of IS 117, sources told The Post.
“He told his father, ‘I don’t want to go to school, because they are going to kill me,’ ” said Marisol Perez, a family friend of Noel, 14, who has been charged with murder for fatally stabbing one of his tormentors, classmate Timothy Crump, also 14.
“His father said, ‘Don’t worry.’ His father went to school on Tuesday and spoke to the principal and told him everything that’s going on.”
What was going on was a campaign of bullying by neighborhood kids led by Timothy.
They called his mom a “whore,” mocked Noel’s stutter and even peed on his family’s apartment door.
Tormented, Noel had tried to hang himself in May.
Why the ‘bully-killing’ teen finally snapped | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 09:22 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,107 times
Well, push, push, push, push people far enough, eventually they push back.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:43 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,133 times
I blame it on the school, which never lift a finger to stop the bullying and abuse.

Sue them for all they are worth.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
I blame it on the school, which never lift a finger to stop the bullying and abuse.
Noel's family tried several times to get their son transferred. This is a very sad story....pretty messed up for 14 y/o kids to be going thru this. The bully was suspended for bullying another student and he waited outside the school to attack Noel. Evidently Noel finally snapped. He upgraded from a pipe to a kitchen knife for protection. Why didn't any adult intervene in a constructive manner?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:02 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
It was one of those prestigious liberal mandatory schools.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
"Don't push me cause I'm close to the ledge....."

Old 06-20-2014, 10:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Basically he just did what many do in defending themselves now days but will face trial as they do. Its just why people look at schools and crime when accessing where to buy a home now days. Others remove and home school. I certainly won't have sent him to school if I thought he was endangered. One only has to look at the change of school having been the safest place to one of most dangerous in some places. Why we keep kids such as the bully in our schools when they are turning them into what we see in prisons is beyond me.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically he just did what many do in defending themselves now days but will face trial as they do. Its just why people look at schools and crime when accessing where to buy a home now days. Others remove and home school. I certainly won't have sent him to school if I thought he was endangered. One only has to look at the change of school having been the safest place to one of most dangerous in some places. Why we keep kids such as the bully in our schools when they are turning them into what we see in prisons is beyond me.
Littleton is one of the safest, nicest and most affluent areas of the Denver Metro. Great schools too. Look what happened there.

This stuff, bullying, has nothing to do with where you buy a home.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Don't push me cause I'm close to the ledge....."
I'm trying not to lose my head, a-huh-huh-huh!

My kids love that song!

My oldest son was bullied by about 5 kids when we moved to Maryland. Scarred him pretty well, the school didn't really help. It look a lot to get the school to even acknowledge it. I finally caught up to one of the Dad's of the bullying kids. Stopped it.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 AM

17,604 posts, read 17,642,256 times
Sent him free, give him counseling, and give him a medal for killing a criminal. Death to all those morning the little hoodrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies