Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:19 AM

461 posts, read 557,016 times

Advertisements

It's always a shame when bullying ends like this.

1. Noel was not mentally stable.
2. His family asked the police for help several times to protect Noel from the bullies (who came to his front door several times urinating on the door and threatening the boy) to no avail.
3. His family requested moving Noel to a different school, also to no avail.
4. He was bullied by these kids nonstop at school.

In the end, he did what he did. Not acceptable, but completely excusable considering the circumstances.

I hope Noel is freed and given counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 11:19 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,467,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Sent him free, give him counseling, and give him a medal for killing a criminal. Death to all those morning the little hoodrat.
Wow, capital punishment even if people express morning. Including the ******* kids parents.

That's compassionate, and totally in line to freedom of speech.

So who is going to go to the kids funeral and shoot the crying people, and people who give the eulogy. You?

I hope the kid gets the help he needs. He gave every indicator and cry for help possible. The parents, school and even law enforcement failed him. He shouldn't get off without anything...but it should be very mitigated by everything else. All of those involved bear portions of responsibility.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:22 AM

17,657 posts, read 17,782,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, capital punishment even if people express morning. Including the ******* kids parents.

That's compassionate.
That's enabling behavior that continues to support criminal behavior. It's people like that who continue and pass on such behavior. If they stopped supporting and endorsing criminal behavior, then the level of crime in the country would be greatly reduced. Bullies aren't born, they're trained at home.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:42 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,467,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
That's enabling behavior that continues to support criminal behavior. It's people like that who continue and pass on such behavior. If they stopped supporting and endorsing criminal behavior, then the level of crime in the country would be greatly reduced. Bullies aren't born, they're trained at home.
You are advocating capital punishment for a protected right (speech) and mourning the dead.

How is preventing mourning going to stop crime? Have any proof...or is this intimidation through violence as well?

Sounds like an even more violent version of bullying.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
unfortunately we now consider defense a criminal act even by the disabled.
beating people and mugging them however is merely "a mistake" a "bad choice" of "troubled youth".
no doubt this kid's attempt to defend himself- which used to be (50 years ago) a right,- will now require the parents to pay a bucket of lawyer fees to keep him out of prison.
i love my country but occasionally they go nuts collectively.
the only reason you are not writing about me but instead him, is i showed a ounce more restraint and allowed myself to be humiliated and abused just a little more.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
you hope this kid gets off for murder????????

yanno what, there is definately something wrong in our system and your the problem?

To what extend was this kid bullied? Just b/c you read this in the paper doesn't mean it is all fact?

and what is wrong with the teachers? You mean to tell me if it was this bad, the teachers didn't see it? Yanno, we drop our kids off at school feeling they are protected for the day, but are they?

I'm not saying this kid is a bad kid, but murder isn't a choice.....
and the kids who did this to him should also be taken from their parents and tried...enough is enough of this bully stuff....they learned it from their parents, kids who come from good homes don't do this...both were wrong here but in the end, murder is not the answer. Our systems are broken

Old 06-20-2014, 11:52 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,762,077 times
This is another reason why the U.S. should have knife laws similar to AU and the UK. The bully did not deserve to die. Ban all knives out side of the home.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM

17,657 posts, read 17,782,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

yanno what, there is definately something wrong in our system and your the problem?

To what extend was this kid bullied? Just b/c you read this in the paper doesn't mean it is all fact?

and what is wrong with the teachers? You mean to tell me if it was this bad, the teachers didn't see it? Yanno, we drop our kids off at school feeling they are protected for the day, but are they?

I'm not saying this kid is a bad kid, but murder isn't a choice.....
Self defense, not murder. People other than his family also gave statements of the level of bullying which went way beyond taunting. They included daily beatings, chasing him, and even urinating on the front door of his home. Today's public schools protect the bullies through inaction. It's as if the school teachers and principals are afraid of the bullies.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,342,535 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that you deplore EdwardA's prejudgment of the kid's innocence by prejudging him as guilty.

Quote:
murder isn't a choice.....
But self-defense is.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:55 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,699,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Kid should walk. No reason he should have had to put up with that bullcrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies