Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
July 4th and New Years celebrations.
Why would people fire guns for new years and the 4th?

Is this the wild west where you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We have open carry here in Alabama, there is no wild west....are there gang related killing/shootings of course, but no wild west....do we have accidents, yes, we sure do....

Now, why did you not ask for a clairification from the OP who said "because they can"?

because they can. What part do you need classified? They shoot them off because of the holidays and they can shoot them off. Does not mean that they are obeying any law. Here in Kansas City you can sure hear what sounds like automatic firing it is so fast.

Please give us your comment on what i posted about big govt vs small govt.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Why would people fire guns for new years and the 4th?

Is this the wild west where you live?
Yes. West Texas. Falling bullets are a danger on New Years Eve.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:32 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
What a moronic practice that is. A guy about a quarter mile away from my sister got killed by "celebratory gunfire" while he was sitting in his home watching TV.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
because they can. What part do you need classified? They shoot them off because of the holidays and they can shoot them off. Does not mean that they are obeying any law. Here in Kansas City you can sure hear what sounds like automatic firing it is so fast.

Please give us your comment on what i posted about big govt vs small govt.
It may happen in your area...

ANd are you talking about giving back people rights?

Old 06-20-2014, 11:34 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmm...wow.

BTW, why would anyone be firing off rounds WITHIN city limits anyway?
From the 1st post of the thread.

Quote:
A city ordinance prohibiting the discharge of a firearm within city limits will be void; however, state law makes the prohibition
So, it's still illegal.

Reminds me of the thread we had a while back when some town wasn't going to prosecute domestic abuse (but instead let the state prosecute it due to resources). Had a nice fat thread about how the red state wanted it to be legal to beat women.

Consider the partisan sourcing next time, same mental diarhea you get about Chicago and Detroit from the far righties around here.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What a moronic practice that is. A guy about a quarter mile away from my sister got killed by "celebratory gunfire" while he was sitting in his home watching TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes. West Texas. Falling bullets are a danger on New Years Eve.
Hummmmmmmmmm, well I'm from hick state Alabama, and where I live we just don't have that...could it happen, I guess...but at least it's not around me...

Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
.....or where you live.

Obviously, I'm not talking about self defense.

Why would someone fire off weapons within city limits?

ask the cops, they seem to shoot within city limits even when they are murdering private citizens.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
LMAO...uhhh, ok.

I live in a small town that is LITERALLY in the wild west in a state with the most relaxed gun laws in the country.

If you pop a cap off here for holidays, that's your ass if you get caught...And although I hate snitching, I'm calling the cops if I see it. That's just insane.

Quote:
We have open carry here in Alabama, there is no wild west....are there gang related killing/shootings of course, but no wild west....do we have accidents, yes, we sure do....

Now, why did you not ask for a clairification from the OP who said "because they can"?
Alabama?

Geez..Nevermind.

And I didn't ask for a clarification from the OP because "because they can" is probably correct.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
It may happen in your area...

ANd are you talking about giving back people rights?

How did black people get in this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies