Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You have a problem with these Americans getting the best of care America can offer .... oh wait, well that seems to be a popular RWnut position.
Not sure what a "RWnut" is but you get ebola stay the hell outta here. Pretty simple stuff until liberals get in the mix.

I'm sure it will be Bush's fault soon right? Lunatics......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
No worries, El Paso is a quarantine site.

CDC designates El Paso an Ebola quarantine site | News - Home
Home to hundreds of thousands of transient illegals who will spead it around the country.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Actually FB is correct in his posting about out of control.
The WHO and CDC are very worried because it's in 3 countries in highly populated areas where people can and do get on planes for international travel.

In Liberia they are avoiding doctors and hospitals.
Strict airport screenings are being avoided and they are taking to ships and autos to travel.

Sawyer's international flight to Liberia proved them wrong that people with ebola would be too sick to travel.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually FB is correct in his posting about out of control.
The WHO and CDC are very worried because it's in 3 countries in highly populated areas where people can and do get on planes for international travel.

In Liberia they are avoiding doctors and hospitals.
Strict airport screenings are being avoided and they are taking to ships and autos to travel.

Sawyer's international flight to Liberia proved them wrong that people with ebola would be too sick to travel.

WHO: Ebola moving faster than control efforts

Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not sure what a "RWnut" is but you get ebola stay the hell outta here. Pretty simple stuff until liberals get in the mix.

I'm sure it will be Bush's fault soon right? Lunatics......
It is you. The citizen has the right to return to the US for care, why do you hate Americans?
So now it is a Liberal thing, hmmm, that is why the first answer was "you".

Old 08-01-2014, 02:10 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I know many on here don't like Alan Grayson, but I'm with him on this one:

Congressman Alan Grayson Calls For U.S. Travel Ban In Response To Ebola Outbreak

He's for travel restrictions coming into the USA for those who've traveled to several African countries for 90 days and after. People desperate to get here could lie about where and when they've been.

As a retired nurse I'm very unhappy they are bringing people to Atlanta that are infected. I think it's a mistake and while it's not transferred easily, I fear of human mistakes that can and do happen. I currently work part time in a hospital as a patient sitter and often see staff not follow basic hand washing techniques and find it scary. No matter how good that facility is, I think we are asking for it.
That man is nuts, but he is right for once..

Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
If we can't manage 2 known cases in a dedicated, first-world facility, we may as well give up right now.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
1. Virus mutate. It is only a matter time before it finds the right person and became airborne.

2.Bio-Terrorism. Another way it could change is if a really dedicated group of jihadists went there to be deliberately infected with the objective of getting them into Europe or the Americas before the onset of symptoms. Doing that would not be hard, it just takes a few Toyota Hi-Lux pickups and an propeller airplane or two. Slip the affected areas, then hope on a plane and the horror begin.
Speculating in Fear again?

Old 08-01-2014, 02:29 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I don't know if you are aware of this but the two Americans who are infected are being brought to Emory Hospital in Atlanta.

Does this worry anyone else as much as it worries me?!
Probably not.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I don't know if you are aware of this but the two Americans who are infected are being brought to Emory Hospital in Atlanta.

Does this worry anyone else as much as it worries me?!
I think one goes to the CDC and there's also an ebola victim being sent to Georgia to be treated in a local hospital.

U.S. Ebola Patients Will Fly Into Georgia Air Force Base - WSJ

Emory University Hospital in Georgia is expected to receive Ebola virus patient as American aid workers are evacuated from Liberia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies