Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

I feel like some of the Republicans don't get angry enough at what's going on and like we have no one representing our best interests in Washington. There should be outrage at the unlawfulness, obstruction of justice, destroying of evidence, the cover up, the arrogance, the lying, by anyone with a conscience or a shred of common sense.

Paul Ryan comes pretty close to the feeling I have, and I'm wondering why he isn't the vice president rather than the clown we have in office whom they have to gag because every other word out of the man's mouth is a disgrace.

Paul Ryan calling out the absolutely brain-dead, defiant and unapologetic IRS commissioner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO4d...yer_detailpage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzpZ...yer_detailpage

No apologies to the American people.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:20 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
I like how the video ends when Ryan finally takes a breath and the IRS guy starts speaking. Presumably most Fox viewers become flaccid at that point, so we'll just end the clip.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I like how the video ends when Ryan finally takes a breath and the IRS guy starts speaking. Presumably most Fox viewers become flaccid at that point, so we'll just end the clip.
The IRS guy probably had a great response. Can't let the Conservatives see that. It's in the Fox News credo. What they don't see on Fox News never happened/doesn't exist.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Key quote here from Ryan. The IRS has the power to ruin our life, yet they are above those same standards they enforce on everyone else:

“You are the Internal Revenue Service,” he said. “You can reach into the lives of hard-working taxpayers and with a phone call, an e-mail or a letter you can turn their lives upside down. You ask taxpayers to hand onto seven years of their personal tax information in case they are ever audited and you can’t keep six months worth of employee e-mails? And now that we are seeing this investigation, you don’t have the e-mails, hard drives crashed. You learned about this months ago. "

I have to hand it to Ryan. Most of the Republicans have no back bone or are completely dull to the struggles Americans face. He seems like he is concerned on our behalf and is just as outraged.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The IRS guy probably had a great response. Can't let the Conservatives see that. It's in the Fox News credo. What they don't see on Fox News never happened/doesn't exist.
I think the rest of it is on the second video. I didn't realize it cut off.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think the rest of it is on the second video. I didn't realize it cut off.
The second video ends without any reply from the IRS guy.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Key quote here from Ryan. The IRS has the power to ruin our life, yet they are above those same standards they enforce on everyone else:

“You are the Internal Revenue Service,” he said. “You can reach into the lives of hard-working taxpayers and with a phone call, an e-mail or a letter you can turn their lives upside down. You ask taxpayers to hand onto seven years of their personal tax information in case they are ever audited and you can’t keep six months worth of employee e-mails? And now that we are seeing this investigation, you don’t have the e-mails, hard drives crashed. You learned about this months ago. "

I have to hand it to Ryan. Most of the Republicans have no back bone or are completely dull to the struggles Americans face. He seems like he is concerned on our behalf and is just as outraged.
Except that quote from Ryan is completely melodramatic. He makes it sound as if the IRS attacks people. Sorry, but the struggles that Americans face can't be blamed on the IRS.

Paul Ryan doesn't believe what the commissioner says because Paul Ryan does not want to believe him. Nothing the guy says will satisfy Paul Ryan. So why waste time on the dog and pony show? Oh, I know: to get on TV. He thinks he looks like a big man when screaming at someone on TV. Listen to how Ryan delivers his lines. They're completely rehearsed.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:32 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:
Except that quote from Ryan is completely melodramatic. He makes it sound as if the IRS attacks people.

Sorry, but the struggles that Americans face can't be blamed on the IRS.
There are many on the left and right who also think he is lying. Or if not him specifically, the agency itself. It was no accident that the emails and the hard drives went POOF. Most of us have quit believing in the tooth fairy as well.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Except that quote from Ryan is completely melodramatic. He makes it sound as if the IRS attacks people.

Sorry, but the struggles that Americans face can't be blamed on the IRS.
Have you ever been audited?

Seriously I've seen some all out wars with the IRS in court that the IRS lost that truly truly show how much they can turn someones life upside down. I've witnessed IRS agents held at gunpoint for the sheriff to arrive.....and the Sheriff to advise them to leave or risk being arrested for trespassing and illegally seizing vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies