Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
So what's worst? Having a revolving social program that ranks dead last in health care or having a war that eventually ended?
That has to be a trick question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 01:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
First they don't like Glen Beck... now they like Glen Beck? I don't like Glen Beck back then and don't like him now... this guy's job was to spread conspiracy theories that made zero sense and mix it facts to confuse the audience... there was a reason why he was fired... I do however agree that we should of never been involved in the Iraqi war...
No one needs Glen Beck to understand the war in Iraq was a lost cause from day one, that there was never anything to win for the US.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:38 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Shut up, Glenn Beck. You want to do the right thing and atone for cheerleading that stupid, unnecessary war? Fade into the background and use your money to help veterans, widows and orphans.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No one needs Glen Beck to understand the war in Iraq was a lost cause from day one, that there was never anything to win for the US.
Exactly--which means he still doesn't get it.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:57 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I find it funny a liberal would quote Glenn Beck. What Beck says, pro or con Obama or any other subject, is of no interest to me as a Republican.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:07 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I agree with him on this point, never have listened to him before. We ever have a Liberal talking head (Maddow, Matthews, Yelling Larry) admit a Conservative was right about something this big?

I'm not buying his books or going to listen to his show, but he's right.
Actually, I remember quite a few liberal talking heads expressed amazement over agreeing with Beck about Snowden and the NSA spying (he came out against it). I'm sure there are others.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Glenn Beck: I Was Wrong About Iraq, The Liberals Were Right

I hate to say these things, and it pains me to say these. First of all, we should start with this. Progressives, liberals, whoever on the other side, I will admit I was wrong about the war in Iraq. I really thought we could bring peace and justice and freedom and all of that stuff. You didn't. You were right. People have to want it and they have to earn it themselves.

Now, because of that, I'm not willing to spend any more treasure -- we spent $2 trillion.

I was OK on Iraq as long as there was a defined goal. For certain - when Obama took over and the goal definitely became murky, I was OK getting out because I knew Obama really did not want to win anything, and we would be just hanging around with no agenda.
Nah...don't put your change of heart on Obama. That's lame. You changed your mind because it was a really stupid idea with a pathetic outcome.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Shut up, Glenn Beck. You want to do the right thing and atone for cheerleading that stupid, unnecessary war? Fade into the background and use your money to help veterans, widows and orphans.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I could care less what Glen Beck has to say about anything!!!!
Yep. The only thing new with Glenn Beck is his glasses

Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Glenn Beck: I Was Wrong About Iraq, The Liberals Were Right

I hate to say these things, and it pains me to say these. First of all, we should start with this. Progressives, liberals, whoever on the other side, I will admit I was wrong about the war in Iraq. I really thought we could bring peace and justice and freedom and all of that stuff. You didn't. You were right. People have to want it and they have to earn it themselves.

Now, because of that, I'm not willing to spend any more treasure -- we spent $2 trillion.

I was OK on Iraq as long as there was a defined goal. For certain - when Obama took over and the goal definitely became murky, I was OK getting out because I knew Obama really did not want to win anything, and we would be just hanging around with no agenda.
Not a Glenn Beck fan, but I watched that segment live by coincidence since I rarely watch FoxNews.

They show Glenn Beck predicting what is happening in Iraq to happen under Obama and then a bunch of liberals saying he is insane for that prediction and should be medicated.

Beck humbly said he wished he was wrong on this Iraq prediction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies