Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

'Double dealing': How Pakistan hid Osama Bin Laden from the U.S. and fueled the war in Afghanistan

Gall told “On the Radar” that Pakistan – not Afghanistan – has been the United States’ real enemy.

“Instead of fighting a very grim and tough war which was very high in casualties on Afghans, as well as NATO and American soldiers, the problem wasn't in the Afghan villages,” Gall said. “The source of the problem, the radicalization, the sponsoring of the insurgency, was all happening in Pakistan.”

“I think the politicians, not all of them, but the diplomats … it took ages for them to understand that actually the persuasion wasn't working; the engagement wasn't bringing them on board; they were actually double dealing,” she said. “And now diplomats will tell you very plainly, ‘Yes, Musharraf was double dealing.’”

Perhaps the biggest betrayal of all in the U.S.-Pakistani relationship, and one that came as no surprise to Gall, was the fact that bin Laden found shelter in Abbottabad, Pakistan, for six years before he was killed in a Navy SEAL raid in 2011. And, according to Gall, Pakistan’s government was orchestrating his protection.

I can't argue with this. I don't think anything has changed with how we are treating Pakistan - even though it seems as though the Taliban are going back and forth out of that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Yes, Pakistan IS the real enemy and Bush AND Obama were too stupid to realize this.

Why the US continues to send aid to the enemy that harbored Bin Laden is ridiculous.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Well being foolish and stupid is one thing. KNOWING this info now and still treating Pakistan in the same manner and providing them aid is another story. Now we get into - why Obama still continues down the same path?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
The real enemy is our inability to see the folly of attempting to fight the wars of others and our seeming belief we can make others share our viewpoint by the use of force.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,067,667 times
Yes, Pakistan is the wnemy. They harbored bin Laden for years. The country we need to cozy up to is India...it wiil keep both Pakistan and China in line.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The real enemy is our inability to see the folly of attempting to fight the wars of others and our seeming belief we can make others share our viewpoint by the use of force.
Stay on subject and stop with the agenda. Nobody mentioned anything about war.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Stay on subject and stop with the agenda. Nobody mentioned anything about war.
Actually, you did in the thread title.

But I don't buy the argument "“The source of the problem, the radicalization, the sponsoring of the insurgency, was all happening in Pakistan.” Saudi Arabia has certainly funded radicalization, what about them? Iran was certainly involved, what about them? al Qaeda is KNOWN to operate in more than 40 countries, to attempt making a single country 'The' enemy is foolish, we have many enemies and a great number of them have no country of their own. Just because war has traditionally been between countries doesn't mean it will always be so.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Actually, you did in the thread title.
You know what I mean.

You know - I remember some of what led up to the war on Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't believe Pakistan was ever mentioned. So it wasn't just Bush/Obama that was fooled - it was widespread.

What's their story now?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You know what I mean.

You know - I remember some of what led up to the war on Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't believe Pakistan was ever mentioned. So it wasn't just Bush/Obama that was fooled - it was widespread.

What's their story now?
We were attacked by an organization that IS NOT a country nor is it restricted to any one country. I believe our biggest mistake has been trying to fight a non-traditional (not a national force) enemy by traditional means.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:37 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,384,169 times
No, people who are from Pakistan are no different then us. They are not bad people. They have corruption like elsewhere, and that is probably what hurts Pakistan the most. They are not bad people at all, Many upload ideas like the USA. So I do not really see them as being a problem.

THE LIBERATION AND DIVISION OF INDIAN AND RESTORATION OF PAKISTAN, HELP CAUSED PROBLEMS THAT LED TO CURRENT TRENDINGS OF TODAYS ORIENTAL PROBLEMS. That is what the OP is meaning to say

So the question, is. Should India just have stayed under British Rule??? Remember Gandhi and his efforts.

Bush caused this problem by being elected. If he was never elected, none of this would have occured. We miss the mark, by not electing Al Gore. Al Gore would have not deal with this theater rubbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies