Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 07:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, I'm smart enough to realize that it does about as much good for me to vote in our election system, as it is for a Sunni or a Kurd to vote in an Iraqi election. A total waste of time.

Libertarianism, as a percentage of the population, is similar to the percentage of Iraqi's that are either Kurdish or Sunni. Obviously, if you understand anything about Iraq, a group representing 15-20% of the population voting in an election, is about as useful as them not even voting at all.

Democracy is the wolves over the sheep. It is a winner-takes-all gamble, where everyone bets his life and property to the outcome of mere numbers. But why would someone willingly bet away his life and property in a gamble he cannot win? Wouldn't you rightly consider him a fool?

Just because you are given a vote, doesn't mean you are given a say. A right to vote is merely a method of appeasing you by making you think that you actually have a say.

In truth, Americans are far more enslaved and abused by their government today, than they ever were under British rule. But where are the Thomas Jefferson's? Anywhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogQLoaOlrIo

The truth is, democracy has been the most useful tool in silencing the masses, ever created. All our leaders have to say is "I am merely doing the will of the people"(even when they obviously aren't), and all their crimes and abuses are ignored.

You may say, at least in Democracy, we can always "vote the bums out". But do we? And even when we do, what do we even replace them with? Something better? What kind of a person runs for public office anyway?

With that said, it would be irrational for me to not obey the US government. The reason is, most Americans still believe that the US government is legitimate. They have been taught that the US government is unquestionable. Our government schools have had them pledging their allegiance to an "indivisible" nation since they were in preschool. They have repeatedly called anyone who questions the authority of the central government, traitors. Those who call themselves "Patriots", or who discuss "freedom" have become the new enemies of the state. And receive "extra scrutiny" from federal agencies.

As long as people like yourself are willing to kill or imprison for life anyone who questions the government's authority, what can I really do as an individual? Keep in mind, that this is a government which is about as far removed from the government our founders gave us as there can be.

No, my job is to remind people that ultimately, we all hate this government. That we hate playing all these stupid political games. That we would rather not even have to think about the government all the time. That all government's are corrupt, wasteful, abusive, and dishonest. That the types of people who want to become politicians are the types of people most eager to rule over others.

Rousseau's Theory of the State

Basically, we deserve better. And we can have better. But we must start questioning everything we have been taught. And whether or not the system we have is actually what we want.

Keep in mind, before America, many didn't think our system of government could be successful. And in the early days, it seemed a strong possibility that this country would fail.

It seems illogical to believe that there is nothing better than what we have now. And my job is to encourage people to seek that out.

I am a teacher, I am not a leader. If you want to lead, I will assist you any way I can.
Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Split her down the middle. In 5 years when the liberals are broke and starving we can invade them, take them over and force them to mow our lawns for minimum wage!

Come on fellas!! Whose with me!!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Split her down the middle. In 5 years when the liberals are broke and starving we can invade them, take them over and force them to mow our lawns for minimum wage!

And how would you split it down the middle when there are liberals and conservatives and everyone in between living in all 50 states?

Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
In short, because I'm not thrilled about needing a passport to visit my relatives in Florida, Arizona, & Oregon.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because we are a much more powerful of a country as a united country than we would be as 50 individual countries. This country was founded on states banding together to be one regardless of their differences, something we still follow to this day.
But the states didn't surrender all sovereignty to the federal government.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
But the states didn't surrender all sovereignty to the federal government.
Which is why we have State and Local governments.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

The Tea Party is one big government handout. Medicare, Tricare, VA, Snap, Medicaid for seniors, tax free disability checks, etc. I wonder how long the Tea Party types could survive without liberals writing the check.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:27 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I wonder how long the Tea Party types could survive without liberals writing the check.
So now it's liberals writing the check...

I thought it was the American taxpayer held by gunpoint.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So now it's liberals writing the check...

I thought it was the American taxpayer held by gunpoint.
Look at some of the Tea Party states like Idaho and Mississippi...they look like they have both hands out waiting for a check while they bash Dems and liberals.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Look at some of the Tea Party states like Idaho and Mississippi...they look like they have both hands out waiting for a check while they bash Dems and liberals.

when in fact the federal government owns over 50% of most western states, except Nevada, then it is over 90%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies