Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 12:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How can anyone still defend this administration?

all I have to do is look at the republican alternative. That's enough for me. I used to be a Republican. I changed my registration to independent when the tea party came to dominate the republican party and everyone left of Ghengis Khan was considered a RINO. I don't want anything to do with a party that doesn't want anything to do with me and rejects me with some phony label out of hand.
This is Why I don't don't consider myself a Republican anymore. I would still vote for a Republican POTUS, but it would have to be someone with realistic views.

By now days standards, Reagan would be a leftist freedom hater....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 12:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, he wasn't. His flock was eaten by wolves.
Which was one of the things he cried "wolf" about. Hence, vindication.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do. Do you? Someday, the GOP might actually find a real wolf. If that ever happens, no one will pay any attention to them.

If you think the boy's flock getting eaten is "vindication" you've missed the whole point of the story.
Or perhaps it is you that missed the point. The threat must be investigated without regards to how many times it is shown to be false. Ignoring it just once can lead to grave damage. Like the scandals of this administration.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Which was one of the things he cried "wolf" about. Hence, vindication.
LOL. Right. So the moral of the story is, go ahead and make up **** over and over again which causes you to lose all credibility (as well as all your sheep). Someday, if a real wolf ever appears, you will be "vindicated" for being an idiot. Talk about missing the point. LOL.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:22 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the case being made over the past decade plus has been 'well, it's bad... but look at your other option and tell me it's not worse'.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
The reason Politicians lie is because the average man can't handle the truth. It would be impossible to be 100% honest in this world without putting people in a rage. I work in the medical field, and I have to lie to people everyday. last week I was working with a 300lb man in his 50's that just got a full knee replacement. When he asked how long it would be before his knee would have to be replaced again, I gave him an educated answer based on my experience, but the truth is that this man will most likely be dead before he needs another knee replacement. am I really supposed to say that to him. I think most politicians face these types of scenarios every day, but on a much larger scale.
Look, there is a difference between omitting information which isn't beneficial, and outright lying.

The question here is really "who benefits"? If you omit information for the benefit of someone else, I don't see a problem. Obviously telling the old guy he will probably be dead before he needs to replace his knee cannot possibly benefit him. Plus, I'm sure he is already aware of it. Thus, you aren't omitting information for your benefit, you are doing it for his benefit.

The government on the other hand, doesn't really lie for your benefit, it lies for its benefit. Obama didn't lie on the campaign trail for your benefit, he lied for his benefit. He lied because he wanted to get elected.

Obama doesn't hide information about the corruption, waste, abuse, and incompetence of the government for your benefit. He hides it for the benefit of the government.

You can make an argument that he actually does believe his lies are ultimately for your benefit. But such a belief can only come from something called "the end justifies the means". Basically, Obama felt like the only way to win the presidential election is to lie. Especially considering the fact that he knew his opposition would lie even if he didn't. And since Obama feels like, even if he has to lie to get elected, he is still a better choice than the alternative. Thus, the means(lying) is justified because the end(the result) is better.

I really really really hate the concept of "The end justifies the means". And I am an Immanuel Kant universalist who doesn't believe that the end can ever justifies the means. If the means are evil, then the end can only be evil. Thus I believe that every time a government lies to us, it is necessarily doing evil.

Even if you argue that the government has information it needs to not tell us for the sake of imminent national security. I have no problem with that, but they also need to make a general explanation for why that information must be held secret. Rather than telling us that they aren't actually keeping anything secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOCmJevigw

Old 06-22-2014, 01:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
More inept than Carter, more corrupt than Nixon........THAT is Barack Obama.

Obama will be regarded -- by people with critical thinking skills -- as the worst president of all time.
Of all time? Lolz, I bet you can't even color within the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Yes, it is this administration that opposes you when they are supposed to support you (I guess when you have a D after your name and have made a large contribution to them). Realizing this makes politics very clear.
Are you that oblivious to the obstructionism that is coming from the right? Is it really that surprising he fought yall back? Now yall are butt hurt because you can dish but not take it? Politics is retarded, but yall got exactly what yall put in.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:59 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Another day of ODS. Just keep repeating scandal this or that. Bring out the impeach line or the investegate this or that. Keep throwing stuff at the wall (so to speak) and see if it sticks. I still wait to see the Special Prosecutor being appointed by the House ( see oversite for exec. branch). Oh but wait they need to fund raise.

This Pres and Admin. is better then most. Because of the obstruction by the House (Republicans) we are learning the true power of the Pres. If the House would pass something that would pass the senate maybe I would not be looking to vote against every Republican that runs.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

Are you that oblivious to the obstructionism that is coming from the right? Is it really that surprising he fought yall back? Now yall are butt hurt because you can dish but not take it? Politics is retarded, but yall got exactly what yall put in.
Are you that oblivious to all the legislation passed in the house only to not even be brought up for a vote by the dem run senate? I'm not even talking about it being passed, just buried by Reid.

I suppose that to you and yours that is not obstructionism, right?

You should really be more careful in your condemnation.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
LOL. Right. So the moral of the story is, go ahead and make up **** over and over again which causes you to lose all credibility (as well as all your sheep). Someday, if a real wolf ever appears, you will be "vindicated" for being an idiot. Talk about missing the point. LOL.
Nice of you to admit to missing the point. Perhaps that is why Obama is constantly surprised by events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies