Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
For one, my first paragraph was being sarcastic, but like most things, that went over your head. Two save the "I hate women" speech for someone who cares. That crap/tactic isn't going to work on me. Having your legs open is how most women have sex, but of course, you wouldn't know anything about that either. Lastly, I find it funny and telling that you ignore all the point I made and instead think by accusing me of hating women is going to win the argument for you. News flash, expecting women to use birth control and/or be ready to face and handle the consequence of there actions isn't hating women. I calling wanting these women to be more responsible for their actions.
Can we raise the level of discourse here please? Or will you just continue to spout off about women with their legs open and insinuate that I've never had sex?

You called for women to strip.

You are out of middle school, yes?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:25 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can we raise the level of discourse here please? Or will you just continue to spout off about women with their legs open and insinuate that I've never had sex?

You called for women to strip.

You are out of middle school, yes?
Oh okay... You didn't get my sarcasm about killing the poor, but you darn sure got the open legs jab... Go figure...

When you raise the level of discourse to actually addressing ANY of the points I've made in my post instead of ignoring every last one of them, insinuating I hate women, and resorting to straw man tactics, then yes, I can agree to raise the level of discourse...

Yes, I do not care if they have to resort to stripping, working 2 jobs, or what ever else they have to do. The stripping was mentioned to make a point that they should do what ever it takes to take care of their children no matter what it is.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:30 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
There is a strange level of disconnect on this issue. We could ban all abortions tomorrow and the day after, a certain conservative segment of the population (who were against abortion) would be whinging, complaining and throwing varying levels of fits about us giving handouts to the poor be they school lunches, food stamps, WIC or umpteen other programs. The babies are only a concern when they are unborn. After? Who cares as long as taxes aren't going to care for them.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
There is a strange level of disconnect on this issue. We could ban all abortions tomorrow and the day after, a certain conservative segment of the population (who were against abortion) would be whinging, complaining and throwing varying levels of fits about us giving handouts to the poor be they school lunches, food stamps, WIC or umpteen other programs. The babies are only a concern when they are unborn. After? Who cares as long as taxes aren't going to care for them.
Conservatives wouldn't be upset about taxes feeding hungry children like your trying to insinuate. They would be upset, and rightly so, because able bodied parents aren't taking care of the child they created. There is a difference. They aren't against hard working poor who need help. Most are against those who can work and/or are abusing the system.

going to work...

Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Because far right-wing lunatics are pro-fetus, not pro-life.

Remember, they hate women for having sex, they hate women for having abortions, and they hate women for having kids - if the kids end up in a poor family.

If the right-wing lunatics spent all the money they wasted trying to control women's bodies on instead helping feed the poor, the world would be a better place... but that mindset doesn't sell hate, which is what the far-right is all about.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:56 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Conservatives wouldn't be upset about taxes feeding hungry children like your trying to insinuate. They would be upset, and rightly so, because able bodied parents aren't taking care of the child they created. There is a difference. They aren't against hard working poor who need help. Most are against those who can work and/or are abusing the system.

going to work...
And if you bothered to do the research, you'd learn that most people who need social safety nets either work or are: elderly, disabled, or children.

But, hey - let's act all sanctimonious - complete with the "going to work comment" - and pretend that somehow forcing women to have kids they can't afford and then blaming the women (and the kids) for being poor is a logical and consistent viewpoint...

Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:

going to work...
Bwahahahaha. You should probably sell your schtick in N. Korea because everyone else is already wise to the conservative platform. Just about every welfare program requires you to work and most people do work, however simply working does not mean someone is going to have enough money to have a kid.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
CDC says in 1972 there were 130,000 illegal abortions and 586,760 legal abortions.

Abortion Surveillance---United States, 1998
I did not find any stat re illegal abortions in 1972 in your provided link. However, assuming that you did find it somewhere: the CDC stat would include only the reported incidences of illegal abortions in 1972. The majority of illegal abortions, by nature of their illegality, are not reported. So, 130,000 represents a very small percentage of the actual number of illegal (back alley) abortions that were performed in 1972.

Last edited by ray1945; 06-22-2014 at 10:24 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Just because they are a Pro Life group doesn't mean their findings are inaccurate. You are attacking the group instead of the actual material, this is known as a Guilt by Association Fallacy.
"Right to Life" as an organization has an extremely long history of lying when ever it is convenient for it to do so. No matter if it is lying to the media, lying in court documents, or even lying to ignorant people like yourself. No, they're not even remotely trustworthy source for any information and back alley abortions prior Roe v Wade. That is just a historical fact and some right wing partisan group trying to pretend it didn't happen is a lot like neo-Nazis trying to pretend the halocaust didn't happen. You don't get to rewrite history just because it is inconvenient for your side.

In any event this idiotic law will last all of 5 minutes before the courts strike it down as it is so obviously unconstitutional.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
For one, my first paragraph was being sarcastic, but like most things, that went over your head. Two save the "I hate women" speech for someone who cares. That crap/tactic isn't going to work on me. Having your legs open is how most women have sex, but of course, you wouldn't know anything about that either. Lastly, I find it funny and telling that you ignore all the point I made and instead think by accusing me of hating women is going to win the argument for you. News flash, expecting women to use birth control and/or be ready to face and handle the consequence of there actions isn't hating women. I calling wanting these women to be more responsible for their actions.
Why aren't you expecting men "to use birth control and/or be ready to face and handle the consequence of there (sic) actions" and "calling for these men to be more responsible for their actions." You do realize that women "open their legs" for a willing and able man, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies