Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They have tribal sovereignty. They can do whatever they choose within their reservations. Should we consult other sovereign nations regarding U.S. law?
They are also smart. I hope the Indians win on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 03:31 PM

7,712 posts, read 12,583,397 times
I didn't realize how stupid people were (or maybe just Americans) until I looked back in history and realized that every time something was banned, people only did it and/or wanted it because of rebellion. Not because they actually wanted to do it.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So you're saying about 60% of the population are potheads?
Of course not. The ones who aren't pot heads are just your average, dumbo, low-information voters. No big surprise there.

"The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
---Winston Churchill

Old 06-22-2014, 04:30 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Of course not. The ones who aren't pot heads are just your average, dumbo, low-information voters. No big surprise there.
Yes. All those epileptic children, chemo survivors and PTSD vets are "just your average, dumbo, low-information voters."

Old 06-22-2014, 04:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Yes. All those epileptic children, chemo survivors and PTSD vets are "just your average, dumbo, low-information voters."
First of all, I was referring to the 60% of the population who don't vote other than in presidential elections in the post you quoted, so what you are talking about, I have no idea. Fail...

Second of all, we aren't talking about legitimate medical marijuana use, we're talking about the legalization of recreational marijuana, so fail again.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:44 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,682 times
Quote:
First of all, I was referring to the 60% of the population who don't vote other than in presidential elections in the post you quoted, so what you are talking about, I have no idea. Fail...

Second of all, we aren't talking about legitimate medical marijuana use, we're talking about the legalization of recreational marijuana, so fail again.
You are right. You did fail. Repeatedly.
Many people here reported on not getting medical marijuana cards for fear of any federal crackdown.
Now that recreational is legal, people seeking help are free to do so without being 'in the system'.
There's living here and seeing legalization take place. And there's mouthing off here on CD.
You barely seem qualified for the latter.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Ron Paul made that same point during a {R} debate and I think he is right. Like you the gvt can make herion, crack, and meth all legal and I still would not purchase any of those items. But I would browse the pot shops

B-b-b-but weed is a gateway drug, and if legalized everyone is gonna be blazing up, and then pursuing harder substances! Honestly, I can't believe anyone still believes that crap! At any rate, if you don't smoke and don't want to do so, then don't. However; don't tell others who do want to that they can't, and use the government to prohibit it, just because you feel "icky" about it!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But do you feel like hiring potheads? The fact that your state is filled with little more than potheads could start affecting how many businesses want to move in. And what does having mostly potheads around do to your welfare rates? How many are mooching off the taxpayers and getting food stamps and medicaid?
It depends on the indvidual. I know folks who don't partake in anything that are dumber than a box of rocks. Secondly, I wouldn't care what someone does on their own time, provided they can do the task at hand, and aren't doing it on my time. Finally, as someone who partakes, I have no issue holding down a job. Been with this company for 7 years.

Quote:
Not everyone thinks having so many potheads is a good thing. I suspect the politically correct crowd is going to turn against "native americans" in a very big way.

Native Americans fight to ban marijuana in a quarter of Washington state ? RT USA

The Yakama Nation tribe of Native Americans is ramping up its efforts to ensure a new law legalizing recreational marijuana in Washington state won’t apply on ancestral land.

The 10,000-member Yakama Nation has already said pot will stay illegal on around 1.2 million acres of reservation in central Washington where state law is trumped by local rules, but Reuters reported this week that the tribe is considering “a bold move that could test the limits of tribal sovereignty” by seeking to keep weed outlawed on another 10.8 million acres of ancestral land.
I support the rights of the business owner to hire or fire whomever, for whatever reason. That being said, I also have the right to work elsewhere if my employer decides to be a little dictator and tells me what I can and cannot do outside of work, and on my own time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think you should be able go ingest whatever you want.
As an adult, your body is your business.
No one has the right to say otherwise.

Just don't beat a path to my ER when it all goes wrong.
Mandatory jail if you hurt others.

And don't start with the propaganda nonsense about how no one gets hurt or hurts anyone else doing weed. That is an effin' joke.
I agree. So long as you don't hurt someone in the process, then no problem. I'm all for consequences if one's actions cause harm to another individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
what a lot of people don't know, you can legally smoke weed in your state but you can still get fired for coming up positive on a drug test. only think legal means is cop wont mess with you. employers can still ban it
Correct. Some companies are even testing their potential new hires for nicotine (which is legal) and denying them employment if they're a smoker, or use any form of tobacco.

Quote:
That's because they're.... potheads..... they have no clue that they need to turn out in primaries and non-presidential elections to vote for the people who will support legalizing pot. They think a pro-pot pres can do it all on their own.

Hmmm... this "pothead" exercises his voting rights all of the time.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.
We need to end all wars, including the war on drugs. Then follow that with ending the war on sex and the war on gambling.

Government should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke. Government should not tell me how to spend or waste my money. Government should not tell me who I can have sex with.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
But do you feel like hiring potheads?
Yes, absolutely if by "pothead" you mean somebody who consumes some pot.

Quote:
The fact that your state is filled with little more than potheads could start affecting how many businesses want to move in.
Grow up. No state is filled with little more than potheads.

Quote:
And what does having mostly potheads around do to your welfare rates?
Grow up. No state has "mostly potheads". I know lots of executives, lawyers and other highly skilled and successful people who partake.

Quote:
How many are mooching off the taxpayers and getting food stamps and medicaid?
Probably a lot less than those who don't partake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies