Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

The stock market isn't going to fix our Economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It’s the greatest migration of wealth ever to hit humanity: The unprecedented flood of money, four times the size of the US gross domestic product, that will be passed along to a younger generation over the next half-century.

Fueled by rising asset prices worldwide and entrepreneurship, America’s multimillionaire and billionaire baby boomers have embarked on an unprecedented $59 trillion transfer of their fortunes, according to researchers.

The cream of America’s 1 percent have already started spreading theirmoney around like confetti to charities, foundations, trusts — and to their Gen X and millennial heirs.

Top 1 percent spreading nearly $60T in assets to heirs, charities | New York Post
So what?

They should give it to you?

Rich people spend lots of money.

When they buy a mansion, workers are employed to build it.

When rich people dine, the restaurant employees and owner earn money.

When rich people buy cars, they pay lots of taxes and the dealership and dealer employees earn money.

When rich people buy yachts and other luxury items, craftsmen and women earn money.

"Trickle down" doesn't mean that they ride down the street throwing money out of their windows.

Here's an idea....befriend a rich person and offer them a useful service.....that's how I earn.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So what?

When rich people buy cars, they pay lots of taxes and the dealership and dealer employees earn money.

When rich people buy yachts and other luxury items, craftsmen and women earn money.

"Trickle down" doesn't mean that they ride down the street throwing money out of their windows.

Here's an idea....befriend a rich person and offer them a useful service.....that's how I earn.
If your solution to fix the economy is telling everyone to work harder, your clueless about the state of things imo.

I get where your coming from, but its not that simple at all.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If your solution to fix the economy is telling everyone to work harder, your clueless about the state of things imo.

I get where your coming from, but its not that simple at all.
Yes....in fact it is that simple.....but, work for yourself.

Working for others makes money for them....not you.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So what?

100% agreed!!!

It works for me too.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It’s the greatest migration of wealth ever to hit humanity: The unprecedented flood of money, four times the size of the US gross domestic product, that will be passed along to a younger generation over the next half-century.

Fueled by rising asset prices worldwide and entrepreneurship, America’s multimillionaire and billionaire baby boomers have embarked on an unprecedented $59 trillion transfer of their fortunes, according to researchers.

The cream of America’s 1 percent have already started spreading theirmoney around like confetti to charities, foundations, trusts — and to their Gen X and millennial heirs.

Top 1 percent spreading nearly $60T in assets to heirs, charities | New York Post
It depends -- if they invested in something, that might benefit me.

Like it or not, the majority of people have it far better than people back in the old days like the 1960s or 1970s had it.

Imagine living without video game players, cell phones with unlimited long distance calling, unlimited text and data, imagine living without refrigerated air conditioning, microwave ovens, internet and wireless everything.

Most people born after the 1980s could not survive life back then.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:22 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Why isn't there a program for the middle class? The ones struggling under debt and crushing taxes and higher cost of living.

There should be a program for billionaires and multimillionaires where they get hooked up with a middle class family. Pay off their school debt, buy them a house or a car, and give them start up money for a business. Watch the economy boom.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Why isn't there a program for the middle class? The ones struggling under debt and crushing taxes and higher cost of living.

There should be a program for billionaires and multimillionaires where they get hooked up with a middle class family. Pay off their school debt, buy them a house or a car, and give them start up money for a business. Watch the economy boom.
There are programs......they are called jobs...work...investment....wise choices......

See how easy it really is????

Old 06-22-2014, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

LOL..the new American Dream..a Sugar Daddy.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes....in fact it is that simple.....but, work for yourself.

Working for others makes money for them....not you.
I do work for myself and I still stand by my above statements. It's not just about me its the overall economy.

Maybe that's the issue. Enough people aren't thinking about the country, they're only thinking of their own personal situation.

I'm guessing your self employed as well, what do you think about the corporations that are in bed with the government that are monopolizing the markets through lobbying? What do you think about the current state of the Economy?

Do you honestly believe continuing down this current path is going to bring about some miraculous recovery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies