Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 10:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

"I am tired of the left. They say they're for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them," he said. "The left is trying to silence us and I'm tired of it, I won't take it anymore."
Surely, his grandparents said the same back during the 1960s when blacks and their supporters weren't going to put up with separate but equal laws any more. For instance whites would have to swim with blacks in public swimming pools. Today it's the homosexuals trying to overcome hateful, intolerant people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 10:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
At least no one has called him "Piyush" Bobby Jindal yet. It's the Progressive version of calling Barack Obama "Hussein".

Old 06-22-2014, 11:22 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Oh, Jindal will say anything to pander to his base. First, he was all like, "stop being the party of stupid;" then, he realized that stupid people were his main support group. So now he's decided to be the mayor of stupidsville.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh, Jindal will say anything to pander to his base. First, he was all like, "stop being the party of stupid;" then, he realized that stupid people were his main support group. So now he's decided to be the mayor of stupidsville.
No, stupid people are people who think that all our economic problems will be solved by just making the rich pay their fair share. Stupid people are people who thought that everybody could keep their insurance if they liked it, because Obama promised. Stupid people are people who thought that the Arab Spring was ushering in a new era of peace and democracy, that Al Qaeda was on the run, and that everything would be just fine in Iraq if only we weren't there. Stupid people are people who think that restricting sales of firearms to law abiding citizens is the answer to violent crime. In other words, stupid people are Democrats.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:39 PM

47 posts, read 40,919 times
Jindal has aspirations of becoming president and because of this has burdened Louisiana with every last bit of the misguided conservative agenda in recent months. What's good for Louisiana be damned, Jindal's building a road to the white house and we're being demolished to make way.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:45 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
btw, I think his words, if not outright incendiary, were certainly poorly chosen. I really fear this is where the country is headed & it's being pushed there from both sides with equal fervor.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:45 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
You lefties are a riot. Nobody but your fellow travelers buy into horsecrap topics like this. You show yourself to be the fools over and over so please, keep it up.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
He is right but he doesn't understand what people are upset about. It's not just the Democrats that the people are going to rebel against.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
“I can sense right now ...... " doesn't translate to "I call for a rebellion".
It just means that Jindal has read the recent Polls about how people are feeling about Team Obama".

People are Fed Up with this stonewalling and incompetence.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
“I can sense right now ...... " doesn't translate to "I call for a rebellion".
It just means that Jindal has read the recent Polls about how people are feeling about Team Obama".

People are Fed Up with this stonewalling and incompetence.
the "I wont take it anymore" part is what makes the difference.

Polling says the Republican Party popularity is in the 20's. Your polling argument doesnt work when you actually look at the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies