Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They all agree that you are within your rights to try and change it. No one denies that is a valid option.

Change it. People note this over and over. Change it. Go for it.
You say that, but I have seen many right wingers disagree with you on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 05:06 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,392 times
If only Jindal called for a different revolt in his homestate...like against crime....maybe Louisiana's murder rate wouldn't be higher than every other state the last 25 consecutive years.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, the constitution was never meant to be static, but that seems to be lost on right wingers who claim to be Constitutionalists.
Think of it like a rewrite....if you stay true to the source material, you'll probably do OK.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Governor Jindal calls for open revolt against Obama and the Democrats

“I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States,” Jindal said, “where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.”

This is why we’re seeing a pronounced uptick in violence committed by right wing “sovereign citizens” - because even the Republicans elected to our highest offices are spouting incredibly irresponsible evil bull**** like this.
Quote:
Oh no, it looks like Jindal has a case of the Foot In Mouth Syndrome, or FIM Syndrome. Shame that there is no cure, but one treatment is the ability to backtrack those statements and try to pretend like they never happened.
Quote:
Jindal calls for a "rebellion" and "hostile takeover" of Washington. That sounds like a non ballot box revolt.

"I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States, where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren."
There's nothing irresponsible there. I said the same thing years ago....right here on C-D....long before Bobby Jindal.

A Giant Rift Valley has split and polarized Americans. You'd have to be frickin' blind and stupid not to see what's going on around you.

And I get that you don't understand secession or rebellion; the you've never been in a country in conflict; never talked to people involved in armed secession or revolutionary movements; that you've never studied the history of political conflict and such...

...but your comments are even more reprehensible than Jindal's ever could be.

Attack the messenger......oh, that's brilliant.....that will definitely solve problems, right?

If "a rebellion [is] brewing," don't you want to know why?

I get it.....just ignore the problem.....it will eventually go away.

No, it won't.....it will boomer-rang right back into your face.

And the reason I mention this...because if you had ever bothered to study the history of political conflict, then you would know that you are acting just like the failed governments....attack the messenger; ignore the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Polling says the Republican Party popularity is in the 20's. Your polling argument doesnt work when you actually look at the numbers.
I'm a registered Democrat.

Every revolution on Earth has been successful with just 10% of the population.

That was in the past. This is the present.....you only need 0.5% up to 5% for the win.

Quote:
I doubt we will see any revolution in this country in our lifetime.
Quote:
Only in Conservative fantasy land, I doubt you will even see things like that.
Quote:
Well whatever you want to call it, I don't see anyone doing anything about it in our lifetime.
Quote:
Oh I am sure we will see plenty of people calling for secession just like we did after the 2012 election....and here we are today, no secessions.
You should close your eyes a little tighter.

Did I mention the Stamp Act Congress was in 1765....that's eleven years before the Declaration of Independence.

Quote:
And we don't have a Constitutional rule of law now? I am pretty sure all of my Constitutional rights are active right now.
Wow....how selfish.....and anecdotal.

You are not the yard-stick by which we measure anything.

Rebelliously.....

Mircea

Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Nobody cared that Geithner dodged his taxes. Why should we then care that Bundy did?
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Also Al Sharpton who STILL owes millions in taxes and hangs out with Obama himself.
And that's right, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We want Constitutional rule of law restored. Not secession.
The Constitution Restored would be my preference, but we don't always have the luxury of such options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
What is legal and what is moral are not always the same thing, keep that in mind if you choose to continuously side with the government.
That's outstanding.

Quote:
What does that have to do with trying to understand what he means by Constitutional rule of law? We already are governed by the Constitution.
Seeing how you don't understand Inflation, I guess it come as no surprise that you don't understand Federalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
So sad...

Elected officials in high public office being so brazenly unprofessional and instigating violence against other Americans.
Obama-wan taught them well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
They don't want to laugh. What they want to do is try to make others laugh to prevent the person they're afraid of from being taken seriously. Whenever someone makes a production out of announcing how irrelevant and/or laughable someone is, it's because they're scared. When you truly think someone is ridiculous, you don't waste your time on them. When you take the time and effort to put a show on about how little someone can be taken seriously, you are demonstrating that you take them seriously.

When Ted Cruz was just an ultra conservative senator sitting on the back benches, nobody paid any attention to him. But when Ted Cruz did his filibuster then suddenly the liberal world came alive to say how he would never accomplish anything. When he wasn't accomplishing anything, they ignored him. It was when he started to threaten them that they made a production out of announcing how little he could accomplish. When the Republicans put up a woman for vice president, stepping on the toes of the Democrats who fancy themselves the party for women, there was a full court press to make her into an irrelevant idiot to be laughed at. When there are thousands of liberals all across the nation all taking pains to point out how out of touch and powerless the Tea Party is, it simply gives the lie about the Tea Party being out of touch or powerless. You see a lot of disparaging comments about what an idiot and buffoon Rush Limbaugh is, but then you'll also see accusations of people to marching to the orders of Rush Limbaugh.

When someone poses no threat, you don't waste time trying to marginalize them. Saul Alinsky's 5th rule for radicals states that "ridicule is man's most potent weapon" and the 12th rule says "pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it"
Good points there.

Appreciatively....

Mircea

Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
Kidkaos and Mircea both have excellent points. Just started Walter Borneman's American Spring. It is about the 'run up' to the Revolutionary War.

What is eerily similar to today is the rhetoric and tone used by the Loyalists (called conservatives by Borneman) and the Rebels (Liberals to Borneman). As Kidkaos said, when someone is openly dismissive, they are really fearful. I can see the seeds, when comparing what went on, and the dismissive and generally oozing smug superiority, as evidence by the writings left behind.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:

“I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States,” Jindal said, “where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.”

This is why we’re seeing a pronounced uptick in violence committed by right wing “sovereign citizens” - because even the Republicans elected to our highest offices are spouting incredibly irresponsible evil bull**** like this.

JINDAL SAYS REBELLION BREWING AGAINST WASHINGTON
Gov. Bobby Jindal Openly Advocates Sedition - Little Green Footballs
Aren't those comments just the TP way of throwing his hat in the ring-saying, "Yes, I'm crazy, TP, just like you"? Geez, and you wonder why most of us can see the 2016 GOP train wreck, just as we saw 2012 and 2008!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:

JINDAL SAYS REBELLION BREWING AGAINST WASHINGTON
Gov. Bobby Jindal Openly Advocates Sedition - Little Green Footballs
Seriously? Bobby Jindal? He's never going to get past his Mr. Rogers response to the State of the Union. Lead a revolution? Too funny.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
You say that, but I have seen many right wingers disagree with you on this.
Nobody disagree's that you can change the Constitution through Amendments.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Nobody disagree's that you can change the Constitution through Amendments.
I have found that some people on here do disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies