Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh yes the evil Koch Brothers. Lord have mercy. I guess liberals can't go after Bush anymore so they have picked a new enemy. Hillary is poor and the Kosh boys are evil rich. LOL

Hell these same folks like Hillary couldn't even figure out the definition of sex...........why would any liberal think they could figure out the definition, oops "FEELING" of wealth. I guess if one doesn't feel wealthy they are poor. What a crock.
I love posts like yours - they illustrate the frothing hatred on the far-right. The inability to see what is written because partisan rage overwrites the facts.

I never supported Hillary or her actions - in fact, if you had bothered to read my full post instead of launching into Hillary Derangement Syndrome and turning into a foaming mess of partisan rage over the Koch brothers, you might have realized that I quite pointedly said that she's being stupid and that she IS rich.

My point is simple: our politicians - regardless of party - are out of touch. They spend their days hob-nobbing with absurdly wealthy campaign backers - people who are so rich that being worth "only" $100 million or so suddenly seems like poverty.

THAT is the problem - the fact that our leaders have NO CLUE what real poverty is. They have NO CLUE what "wealthy" actually means in this nation. They have NO CLUE how the working class gets by in America today.

Perhaps if you and the rest of your raging, right-wing friends addressed THAT issue instead of turning everything into a partisan whine-fest, we could get some real leaders in power instead of just swapping wealthy idiots from different teams and pretending that everything is fine once "your team" is in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owS...yer_detailpage

The lap dog media is not giving her the passes they gave Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Meanwhile, Rick Santorum thinks evolution is wrong, gay people will burn in hell, and that the Netherlands is murdering people for profit and it's all fine and dandy because everyone fully expects the GOP candidates to be certifiably insane.
Here's your daily dose of Daily Kos, hot off the press!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Utter BS. The Clintons hired accountants and tax attorneys to avoid as much tax as possible:

Wealthy Clintons Use Trusts to Limit Estate Tax They Supposedly Support - Bloomberg
anyone else remember the underwear tax deduction?

Bill Clinton Underwear | Imitate the president: Deduct your underwear - Baltimore Sun

Old 06-25-2014, 03:21 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times

Old 06-25-2014, 03:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I love posts like yours - they illustrate the frothing hatred on the far-right. The inability to see what is written because partisan rage overwrites the facts.

I never supported Hillary or her actions - in fact, if you had bothered to read my full post instead of launching into Hillary Derangement Syndrome and turning into a foaming mess of partisan rage over the Koch brothers, you might have realized that I quite pointedly said that she's being stupid and that she IS rich.

My point is simple: our politicians - regardless of party - are out of touch. They spend their days hob-nobbing with absurdly wealthy campaign backers - people who are so rich that being worth "only" $100 million or so suddenly seems like poverty.

THAT is the problem - the fact that our leaders have NO CLUE what real poverty is. They have NO CLUE what "wealthy" actually means in this nation. They have NO CLUE how the working class gets by in America today.

Perhaps if you and the rest of your raging, right-wing friends addressed THAT issue instead of turning everything into a partisan whine-fest, we could get some real leaders in power instead of just swapping wealthy idiots from different teams and pretending that everything is fine once "your team" is in power.
No clue what poverty is? Just go ask your hero Hillary. What you deem as "raging" is just reality. She said it. You appear to lap it up then come around here playing holier than though. I'll rage all I want against these criminals. Like a typical liberal you want to tell others what to do.

Rage Against The Machine - Know Your Enemy (Feat. Maynard) - YouTube

Old 06-25-2014, 03:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
She is really clueless and still has no real experience in order to run for President.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillary Clinton, who has a net worth upwards of $50 million, said in an interview that she is "unlike a lot of people who are truly well off."

Clinton was derided for comments made last week that her family was "dead broke" when it left the White House in 2000 although they were far from the poverty line. Bill and Hillary Clinton have reportedly made more than $100 million since leaving the White House.

But Hillary, who charges a six figure speaking fee, says with a burst of laughter that she is not "truly well off" and that her wealth is the result of "hard work," according to The Guardian:

Clinton: I
She has more experience than Obama had - Oh wait - I have to stop myself

But like I keep saying, get off this is she rich/poor stuff. It just distracts from her answering
"real questions" about her time as Secretary of State (Benghazi) and in the Senate (war voting record).

In her defense, I have to stop myself again - she was not born rich. I know a lot of folks who have money now that did not have it growing up. In their minds, they are not rich people - just very lucky and a lot of hard work. If she would just simply say that, she'd get off the hook. That's the American dream
BTW - that's what we all want...Money - at least enough to have power over our lives.

barrett strong ... money [ thats what i want ] - YouTube

Old 06-25-2014, 08:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No clue what poverty is? Just go ask your hero Hillary. What you deem as "raging" is just reality. She said it. You appear to lap it up then come around here playing holier than though. I'll rage all I want against these criminals. Like a typical liberal you want to tell others what to do.
Thanks for again illustrating the insane rage of the far-right.

On every post thus far on this topic, I've made clear that Hillary is rich and what she said was stupid.

I have offered an interesting explanation as to how our leadership is so out of touch with the working class citizen that they actually do FEEL poor when compared to their absurdly wealthy campaign donors. That out of touch behavior is the problem. Our leaders have no understanding of what real wealth and what real poverty are in this nation, and Hillary is just as guility of that as anyone else.

And what do you do? Make up insane accusations that Hillary is some sort of hero of mine and post idiotic YouTube links.

So, I say to you, thank you. Thank you for proving beyond any doubt how partisan idiocy makes it impossible to have an intelligent, fact-based conversation with right-wing lunatics. Thank you for proving - again - that you didn't even read my posts before crafting your off-topic and idiotic reply. And, thank you for the YouTube video, for in the time you wasted finding that pointless waste of bandwidth, you could have instead actually read my post, removed your blinders, and noticed that I don't support Hillary or ANY elected leader who is so out of touch with reality that they think that they are "poor" when they are multi-millionaires.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
As Hillary would say - what difference does it make? We know America will just vote for the person who spends the most money and that's usually the person who has the most money. The fact that Hillary is crazy rich makes her a great candidate even if she shows how out of touch she is because she's crazy rich.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Thanks for again illustrating the insane rage of the far-right.

On every post thus far on this topic, I've made clear that Hillary is rich and what she said was stupid.

I have offered an interesting explanation as to how our leadership is so out of touch with the working class citizen that they actually do FEEL poor when compared to their absurdly wealthy campaign donors. That out of touch behavior is the problem. Our leaders have no understanding of what real wealth and what real poverty are in this nation, and Hillary is just as guility of that as anyone else.

And what do you do? Make up insane accusations that Hillary is some sort of hero of mine and post idiotic YouTube links.

So, I say to you, thank you. Thank you for proving beyond any doubt how partisan idiocy makes it impossible to have an intelligent, fact-based conversation with right-wing lunatics. Thank you for proving - again - that you didn't even read my posts before crafting your off-topic and idiotic reply. And, thank you for the YouTube video, for in the time you wasted finding that pointless waste of bandwidth, you could have instead actually read my post, removed your blinders, and noticed that I don't support Hillary or ANY elected leader who is so out of touch with reality that they think that they are "poor" when they are multi-millionaires.
Who made you the "rage police"?? Start putting folks on ignore and stop crying about it if it bothers you so much. You may think your explanation is "interesting". I am the "interesting police" and I say it's not interesting at all.

Only person I heard say it was Hillary............why this thread was put here. I guess you just can't figure that out. If you want to talk about how ALL pol's are out of touch start a thread about it. You say it's so interesting then many should chime in. Are you interested in doing that............or are you gonna continue to play "rage police"?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Oh my.... she is quite out of touch isn't she. And this is why our country will turn into a disaster if she becomes president. Completely out of touch with the common person. Although she isn't the only one on the hill that is.

She is not out of touch at all. Do you even know how much our congressman are worth And they have no idea about the common person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies