Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

I had to think about something. There was an event similar to the march that was planned. It was in Toledo,OH. Neo-Nazis marched through a Black neighborhood in Toledo. End result? Riots.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:56 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I find it highly ironic that an open-carry march would be taking place in a Black neighborhood, especially when it is basically Whites marching. This is why. While Blacks might commit 1/2 of the murders in the USA, 9 times out of 10, it is Blacks getting killed. Blacks killing Blacks is basically what takes place in the 5th ward. If anyone should be the most concerned for their own safety, it is the Blacks who live in that neighborhood.

I would say that this would-be march was just race-baiting, and the response that would have come from such, well, let's just say look at what happened in Toledo,OH when Neo-Nazis marched through a Black neighborhood.

A better question is this. Why not just march through downtown Houston or a more neutral,but frequented part of the city? Why specifically pick a Black neighborhood?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I had to think about something. There was an event similar to the march that was planned. It was in Toledo,OH. Neo-Nazis marched through a Black neighborhood in Toledo. End result? Riots.
How is a group of Neo-Nazi racists marching through a black community in Toledo OH in any way similar to a group of multicultural pro-rights, pro-defense guys marching through a Houston black community in any way similar?

It's the exact opposite thing in fact, they aren't in any way similar and they have the exact opposite goal.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I find it highly ironic that an open-carry march would be taking place in a Black neighborhood, especially when it is basically Whites marching. This is why. While Blacks might commit 1/2 of the murders in the USA, 9 times out of 10, it is Blacks getting killed. Blacks killing Blacks is basically what takes place in the 5th ward. If anyone should be the most concerned for their own safety, it is the Blacks who live in that neighborhood.

I would say that this would-be march was just race-baiting, and the response that would have come from such, well, let's just say look at what happened in Toledo,OH when Neo-Nazis marched through a Black neighborhood.

A better question is this. Why not just march through downtown Houston or a more neutral,but frequented part of the city? Why specifically pick a Black neighborhood?
It doesn't really matter, if nobody is going to show up. They never do.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:

They specifically picked the 5th ward because SJL is the representative for this gerrymandered area and she's an openly anti-gun moron (aka Democrat).

Old 06-23-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If nobody ever showed up this wouldn't be a story, unfortunately you are wrong yet again. We've seen quite a few stories about OCT in the news lately because they have showed up to their events in large numbers.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:51 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, there's power in marching through a neighborhood other people think of as home and knowing that you're not wanted, but the locals can't do anything about it. Most businesses just tell them to b.gger off, and they'd not make it 50 feet into gated communities - but poor neighborhoods are easy, fewer lawyers or members of city councils or that sort of people. People with resources to fight back.

Reminds me of the Orangemen marches in Northern Ireland - Protestants marching, quote often through Catholic neighborhoods, to - ehm - "commemorate" a 17th century battle where it just so happened that the Protestants won and the Catholics lost. At least they just carry butler hats and a smug look.

The Orangemen found out the IRA knows how to make very effective anti-personnel bombs and blew the **** out of several such parades!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:34 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
If it's anything like the other Pro-gun marches, nobody will show up.
Quote:
lol, I guess we're to the point where we just make up facts now?

I tell ya what, if it makes you feel better about your position, you go right-ahead

Old 06-24-2014, 05:14 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
If it's anything like the other Pro-gun marches, nobody will show up.
Yep, just look at the last time "nobody" showed up....

There were several threads right here on CD....not bad for something people don't show up to....

Old 06-24-2014, 05:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What is the purpose of this march other than to offend? Some people are just plain idiots.
The purpose is to assert the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I hope this trend grows everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies