Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Selling drugs is against the law, and that is what these people were doing. These people were literally growing more bud than I could smoke in a decade. I don't think it should be a felony, but definitely a misdemeanor. I look at this no different than someone bootlegging booze. Just because something is legal to have doesn't mean you get to make money off of it without paying taxes.

Also, I'll be so glad when pot is legal in every state, so we can get rid of this whole "medical marijuana" BS. It's gotten to the point that people actually believe pot is medicine. LOL Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that it's just an excuse to get high, which shouldn't be against the law in the first place.

All of this talk is giving me a headache. I'm going to go drink a couple tall cans of medical Budweiser.
Well, a 21-year-old I knew back in the 1980s said it definitely eased the nausea caused by his cancer chemo. I believed him.

I suppose you think he was lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, a 21-year-old I knew back in the 1980s said it definitely eased the nausea caused by his cancer chemo. I believed him.

I suppose you think he was lying.

My neighbor's son had lymphona when he was 16. His son smoked weed for the same reason to counteract the nausea from the chemo, and increase his appetite. Now call me crazy, but a person with cancer choosing to smoke weed to counteract nausea so that they can get nutrients into their body, so as not to waste away, as well as increase their immune system by increasing their appetite to fight that horrible disease seems like it can only be a good thing!

Old 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'll tell you this, any Republican president is going to enforce the federal drug laws more strictly than Obama is doing now.
I seriously doubt that. Especially if Ron Paul were to win.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Individual laws are not listed in the Constitution. The Constitution states the government will insure domestic Tranquility. Yes, laws need to be enforced.
But lots and lots of laws are not enforced.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Didn't Obama say he would not oppose the states legalization of marijuana? But he continues to prosecute pot users in states that have legalized it.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Washington, based in Spokane, is not backing down in its multiple-felony case against four family members and a friend who tended a rural marijuana garden for what they say was personal medical use.

Holder's Spokane Visit Doesn't Dim Prosecutors' Zeal in Kettle Falls 5 Pot Case - US News

Why do we allow the federal government to tell adults what they can eat, drink or smoke?
This goes right along with his many other lies...

"Like your healthcare provider you can keep it"

"Not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS"

"I heard about it on the news"

"We're closing GITMO & bringing the troops home immediately my first term in office"

"No boots on the ground in Iraq"

He's a compulsive liar.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
This is the one topic that I would think conservatives would be on board with Obama, yet somehow Conservatives are now in favor of legalizing pot. I think Obama is using reverse psychology on these dolts.
I'm a conservative and I support legalizing all drugs. And Obama couldn't use reverse psychology even with a teleprompter.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And on the flip side, why does the federal government tell us what type of health insurance to buy/.
Because they want to control all aspects of your life. Power is addictive.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
We agree completely on this.

I still disagree that Obama prosecuting drug users has made any "conservative" pro-marijuana. Or that any "conservative" is pro-marijuana.
I am "pro marijuana" along with millions of conservatives.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I am "pro marijuana" along with millions of conservatives.
Look at the whole conversation we had, if you actually support freedom and small government, you are not a mainstream "conservative."

Old 06-25-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
What would the conservatives be saying if Obama suddenly decided to legalize ganja nationwide, also providing funding through universal health care to get cheap medical reefer.
This conservative would be fine with legalizing ganja nationwide. Obamacare... not so fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies