Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 07:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You would have made a great apologist for the King. The Forefathers for all intents and purposes were anarchists.
You mean the same founders who wrote the Constitution, the supreme law of the land, which defines the government authority, the power structure and how people are appointed to positions of authority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean the same founders who wrote the Constitution, the supreme law of the land, which defines the government authority, the power structure and how people are appointed to positions of authority?

Yes those founders who rebelled against the King of England. They in essence were anarchists because they went against the authority of the King. And since you're invoking the Constitution show me the Amendment for prohibition of cannabis. Why was their an Amendment for prohibition of alcohol, and an Amendment repealing it's prohibition, but none for cannabis? I guess when you're getting your palms greased by a bunch of corporatist whiners who want to game the system to benefit themselves, it's too much of hassle to go through the proper channels of Amending the Constitution, right?

Old 06-26-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes those founders who rebelled against the King of England. They in essence were anarchists because they went against the authority of the King.
Swapping one government authority for another is not something an anarchist would do. Anarchists do not think a government authority is necessary at all, but clearly the founders thought it was very necessary because they went thought the trouble of creating one.

Quote:
And since you're invoking the Constitution show me the Amendment for prohibition of cannabis.
Already asked, and answered.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:43 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Thanks, I know Ron Paul,s stance on drugs, but Xander-crews said Ron Paul would make them legal nationwide on day one, so I asked him to provide a quote. He did not.
You are so full of it, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT DISOBEYING BAD LAWS WHEN YOU SAID "SHOW ME THE QUOTES!

I can prove it too, here are the posts, IN ORDER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Uh, ignoring laws that violate human rights IS a libertarian principle. Don't pretend you have knowledge of what principles are.
Quote:
Anarchists have no respect for the law, while the rest of us will strive to improve things by creating, changing, or repealing laws. Ron Paul never equated drug use to human rights, and he never said he would not enforce laws. He said he supports legalization of medical marijuana, but legalization is not same as simply ignoring laws. He never encouraged anyone to lawlessness.

Quote:
He said he would re-schedule drugs and make them legal nationwide on day one, which is within the office of president.

You are showing your ignorance again, "Anarchy" means without rulers, NOT without law. It is a system of law unto itself... but you didn't know that, did you?

Ron Paul has spoken to the virtues of disobeying bad laws, you are full of it.
Quote:
Show the quotes.

It is rude to LIE to people about what was said, we had a multiple post string going on, the only thing constant between all of them was the conversation about civil disobedience.

You done LYING yet??

Quote:
I asked you to provide a quote supporting your claim about Ron Paul saying he would legalize drugs on day on in office,
LIE. You said, "show me the quotes" after a multiple post conversation about whether or not he endorses breaking bad laws. I thought you could read your own posts in context, I was wrong.

Quote:
and you provide a youtube where he talks about civil disobedience, but says he has chosen the alternative which is to work within the political system

But you said:

Quote:
He never encouraged anyone to lawlessness.
Lol, owned.

Quote:
, which is exactly what I said earlier.
LIES, here is EXACTLY what you said:

Quote:
Quote:
He never encouraged anyone to lawlessness.
I disagreed with you directly about that issue, and you said "Show me the quotes", and I showed quotes that COMPLETELY PROVED YOU WRONG. Lol, owned.

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point
The fact that you think this, indicates you don't even know what your point was. I am glad you made this silly attempt to do damage control, it allowed me to thrash you further with your own dishonesty.

Quote:
I am still waiting for you to back up your claim about Ron Paul's day-one in office.
Let me look, they don't have transcripts available for his thousands of hours of audio interviews I have listened to on podcasts and radio shows.

But let me guess, you are completely hung-up on the "day-one" part, not the fact that legalizing marijuana is a major priority of his.

Here is the official definition from Merriam-Webster of "day one":

Quote:
day one noun,

often capitalized D&O
: the first day or very beginning of something
Are you claiming that ending the drug war is not one of the highest priorities of his?

Old 06-26-2014, 07:45 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
I am pulling for Huckabee. He will outlaw pot 100%, so there won't be any more controversies like this. Obviously the legalization in CO and WA was a very bad idea.
You're wanting to elect a Republican based on the fact that he'll extend federal reach to override state laws that his base doesn't like? That's not hypocritical..... [/sarcasm]

Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, and your answer was quickly dismissed as garbage by all the reasonable users in this thread. Your answer is a clause about insurrection, LOL!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Swapping one government authority for another is not something an anarchist would do. Anarchists do not think a government authority is necessary at all, but clearly the founders thought it was very necessary because they went thought the trouble of creating one.

Your argument of ensuring domestic tranquilty is weak. Want domestic tranquilty? End prohibition of a plant! It's really that simple! Otherwise, you're continuing to feed the black market, and therefore contributing to the problem! You also failed to show me how they could amend the Constitution for prohibition of alcohol, but did not follow the same process for cannabis. Furthermore, the forefathers had a very clear vision about how the government should work. Overreach into the lives of the individual, and dictating what they consume, and using force or violence against an individual for doing so is not supposed to be one of them.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
You are so full of it, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT DISOBEYING BAD LAWS WHEN YOU SAID "SHOW ME THE QUOTES!
I didn't ask for a chicken dance, I asked for a quote.

You said Ron Paul has said that he would make them legal nationwide on day one, so I asked you to provide a quote.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You're wanting to elect a Republican based on the fact that he'll extend federal reach to override state laws that his base doesn't like? That's not hypocritical..... [/sarcasm]
I wanted to elect him in 2008 before I even knew his stance on drugs. I like him, and his fair tax proposal, and I also agree with his stance of drugs. I don't vote for anyone only because of their stance on drugs.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-26-2014 at 08:40 AM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I didn't ask for a chicken dance, I asked for a quote.

You said Ron Paul has said that he would make them legal nationwide on day one, so I asked you to provide a quote.
More dishonesty, no wonder your reputation on this site is sooooo crappy.

The conversation we were having when you asked for a quote was about civil disobedience. I already proved that conclusively, you lose again.

Your ignorance to his positions are amazing, your ignorance to the very conversations you are a part of is more amazing.

You are the one dancing around, I am the one quoting the whole conversation in order to show context. (You cherry pick one line from the post AFTER the fact.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies