Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am pulling for Huckabee.
He wont make it far, even in the primaries. America has no use for socially repressed authoritarians at this point.

Quote:
He will outlaw pot 100%, so there won't be any more controversies like this.
No he won't, he won't even get CLOSE to the White House. Even if he did, it is disturbing that you are ok with using force to squash the will of the people.

I would suggest you live in the wrong country if you hate freedom so much. Why wouldn't you move to a country that will willingly be your mother and disregard the will of the voters.

If you want tyranny thrust upon you, you need not try to change this country, there are plenty of authoritarian nanny-states for you to join.

Quote:
Obviously the legalization in CO and WA was a very bad idea.
As evidenced by the increased revenue, lower crime, and removal of street gangs selling the stuff.

Pot will be legal, nationwide, within the decade. Most adults are open to factual information and willing to make choices based on that information, you can join us, or you can whine forever because you ain't changing anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Individual laws are not listed in the Constitution. The Constitution states the government will insure domestic Tranquility. Yes, laws need to be enforced.
Right.

Quote:
in·sure
inˈSHo͝or/Submit
verb
arrange for compensation in the event of damage to or loss of (property), or injury to or the death of (someone), in exchange for regular advance payments to a company or government agency.
I think you mean "ensure".

Either way, they were talking about insurrections, not people putting a substance in their own body, try again.

(Going against the will of the voters is the OPPOSITE of "ensuring domestic tranquility". Duh.)

Old 06-25-2014, 07:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Individual laws are not listed in the Constitution. The Constitution states the government will insure domestic Tranquility. Yes, laws need to be enforced.

Sorry Finn, not buying it. It took a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit alcohol, and an Amendment to repeal prohibition. Why not the same for cannabis, and hemp? They were used for thousands of years until some bureacrats along with the paper industry and the likes of DUPONT conspired to make it illegal, because they feared losing profit! Like I said, there is a growing majority of Americans who have had enough of the charade that is the war on weed, and there is no way in Hell they're going to elect an authoritarian a-hole like Huckabee who thinks that he can legislate on what he thinks is best for the individual!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
He wont make it far, even in the primaries. America has no use for socially repressed authoritarians at this point.

No he won't, he won't even get CLOSE to the White House. Even if he did, it is disturbing that you are ok with using force to squash the will of the people.

I would suggest you live in the wrong country if you hate freedom so much. Why wouldn't you move to a country that will willingly be your mother and disregard the will of the voters.

If you want tyranny thrust upon you, you need not try to change this country, there are plenty of authoritarian nanny-states for you to join.

As evidenced by the increased revenue, lower crime, and removal of street gangs selling the stuff.

Pot will be legal, nationwide, within the decade. Most adults are open to factual information and willing to make choices based on that information, you can join us, or you can whine forever because you ain't changing anything.

You know... I have to feel that those who are still vehemently against legalization of cannabis, have some skin in the game, such as working for LE, Big Pharma, ect.... Simply being opposed to something being legal because they think "it's bad for you" or they feel "icky" about it, is a weak argument, and does not justify continuing an immoral and hypocritical war on a plant! Who is it for someone else to tell another adult what is good for them or not? My body, my choice! So stay the f*** out of it!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:34 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Compared to alcohol marijuana is harmless, marijuana became illegal because of hysteria caused by the movie Reefer Madness which is viewed as a comedy today.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You know... I have to feel that those who are still vehemently against legalization of cannabis, have some skin in the game, such as working for LE, Big Pharma, ect....
Yeah, I tend to agree. Either that or their mind is not strong enough to fight off the cognitive dissonance that accompanies new information that doesn't conform to their preconceived notions.

Only a dishonest or a weak mind can stand against truth so intensely.

Quote:
Simply being opposed to something being legal because they think "it's bad for you" or they feel "icky" about it, is a weak argument, and does not justify continuing an immoral and hypocritical war on a plant!
Not only that, but it flies in the face of the idea this nation embodies. They don't call it the "Land of the regulated against their will for their safety and the home of the scared".

People like us, who are mature enough to let other adults make decisions for themselves are the reason the United States ever existed, and the only reason it saw such prosperity. At no point was freedom in this country perfect, but we have back-slid into authoritarianism instead of working further towards human freedom... which is a travesty.

These same people who argue with us would have been loyal to King George, the would have been model citizens for Hitler's Germany, they would have voted Stalin.

Quote:
Who is it for someone else to tell another adult what is good for them or not?
It is nobody's business as long as you have not harmed another person, their property, or their rights. Consuming an intoxicant does not violate any of the three.

Who are these people who want to control you? Authoritarians... thugs who use violence to force their ideals on the populace.

Quote:
My body, my choice! So stay the f*** out of it!
Exactly correct. You are essentially quoting Christopher Gadsden and the flag that the revolutionaries fought under to establish liberty: "Don't Tread on Me".

Old 06-25-2014, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Law enforcement has always had the authority to enforce laws. Let's keep it that way shall we.

Quote:
I love freedom. I also love tranquility and personal safety, which is jeopardized when drugs are legalized. He have seen in experiments in Holland and Portugal that crime skyrockets when drugs are decriminalized/legalized. Skyrocketing crime does not give us freedoms, it takes them away.

Quote:
No, I like things the way they are. You are the one looking for change, not me.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-25-2014 at 08:12 AM..

Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I tend to agree. Either that or their mind is not strong enough to fight off the cognitive dissonance that accompanies new information that doesn't conform to their preconceived notions.

Only a dishonest or a weak mind can stand against truth so intensely.

And yet the stereotype is that us "potheads" are dumb and walk around in a mindless haze! Christ I think we see through more of the BS and are more in tune than those who don't partake.

Not only that, but it flies in the face of the idea this nation embodies. They don't call it the "Land of the regulated against their will for their safety and the home of the scared".

Indeed it does.

People like us, who are mature enough to let other adults make decisions for themselves are the reason the United States ever existed, and the only reason it saw such prosperity. At no point was freedom in this country perfect, but we have back-slid into authoritarianism instead of working further towards human freedom... which is a travesty.

We seem to becoming the very thing we've fought against!

These same people who argue with us would have been loyal to King George, the would have been model citizens for Hitler's Germany, they would have voted Stalin.

Yes those who say "well the law is the law" don't realize that just because it's a law doesn't mean it is just or moral. These are also the same folks who probably think that Rosa Parks should have just sat down in the back of the bus, and shut the hell up! Not to mention, would have crucified Jesus... because you know... THE LAW IS THE LAW!

It is nobody's business as long as you have not harmed another person, their property, or their rights. Consuming an intoxicant does not violate any of the three.

Correct! If your actions harm someone then you should have to deal with the consequences. Otherwise, it's nobody's business regardless of whether or not they like it or not!

Who are these people who want to control you? Authoritarians... thugs who use violence to force their ideals on the populace.

Tyranical s***holes such as Iran, or China is where they should pack up and move to!

Exactly correct. You are essentially quoting Christopher Gadsden and the flag that the revolutionaries fought under to establish liberty: "Don't Tread on Me".

I will always be on the side of maximum freedom and liberty for the individual.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Law enforcement has always had the authority to enforce laws. Let's keep it that way shall we.

I love freedom. I also love tranquility and personal safety, which is jeopardized when drugs are legalized. He have seen in experiments in Holland and Portugal that crime skyrockets when drugs are decriminalized/legalized. Skyrocketing crime does not give us freedoms, it takes them away.

No, I like the way things are. You are the one looking for change, not me.

Dude, how many times does it have be explained that decriminalization is NOT legalization! It is a band aid, and because it isn't fully legal, the black market is still in play! And given that only 2 states have legal pot, it hasn't squashed the black market due to it being illegal elsewhere! If you want to get rid of the black market, and reduce the crime rate, REPEAL THE BAN!!!! It is your continued bulls*** war on cannabis that continues to feed the black market!

Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Weird, that has NOTHING to do with what I said and you quoted. The enforcement of ANY bad law is illegitimate and should be punished.

Unless you think the Fugitive Slave Act needed enforced.....

Quote:
I love freedom.
Ha ha, lies. You haven't a clue what the word means.

Quote:
I also love tranquility and personal safety,
More lies. If I smoke cannabis in my house, it does NOT effect your tranquility or safety, but when you hire thugs to raid my home (Or my neighbors, they are notorious for getting the wrong house), that DEFINITELY gets rid of ANY tranquility or personal safety for myself.

You don't like those things or you wouldn't attempt to hire thugs to take them away from me.

Quote:
which is jeopardized when drugs are legalized.
More lies. You really have to twist logic to say that legalizing choices for adults on what they consume takes away tranquility or personal safety.... once you twist it that far, the same argument could be made for outlawing cars, air-horns, guns, cigarettes, booze, playing cards, etc....

Please explain to me how smoking cannabis in my home effects you... we have never even met.

Quote:
He have seen in experiments in Holland and Portugal that crime skyrockets when drugs are decriminalized/legalized.
Hmm, my quoted verifiable evidence says you are full of it:

'This Is Working': Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs

Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal

Would you like to explain to us how drug use leads to crime? Drug use in those countries has DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY. If they are seeing spikes in crime, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with drug use. *Unless the claim is drugs = less crime.*

Quote:
Skyrocketing crime does not give us freedoms, it takes them away.
No, anybody who tries to force you into certain behavior by using violence takes away freedom. This line indicates that you don't know the definition of "freedom" it is just an abstraction to you.

You want to use violence on me to prevent me from making a choice to engage in peaceful behavior, YOU are dangerous to freedom.

Quote:
No, I like the way things are. You are the one looking for change, not me.
The way things are now is a bastardization of what the founding fathers intended, because people like you are SCARED of freedom, I am continuing to push for human freedom in the ONE country designed around it, you are trying to stomp out the last remaining light of liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies