Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
I just read that also funny how the OP didn't mention that. Of course when the good numbers come in it will be back to the same old "the numbers are being cooked/Obama is changing the numbers blah blah blah.
Why would I? I'm dealing in reality of what has transpired, not pie in the sky projections of what might happen next.

I would love a real 4% increase in 2nd Qtr GDP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 12:49 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Why would I? I'm dealing in reality of what has transpired, not pie in the sky projections of what might happen next.

I would love a real 4% increase in 2nd Qtr GDP.
No you wouldn't.

If we have a 4% increase in GDP you (and the rest of the right-wing) would be the first to call it "fake," "unreal," or "fudged."

Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Guys, stop arguing with them. They're brick walls and astrotruf.

Next quarter is expected to show a 4% gain, based upon more recent economic data. End of discussion.
You need to call 911, you have had way to much kool-aid and you are going to die a painful death if you don't get help soon.

End of Discussion.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No you wouldn't.

If we have a 4% increase in GDP you (and the rest of the right-wing) would be the first to call it "fake," "unreal," or "fudged."
I just looked at the "Advanced Estimate for Q2" on the BEA website. I think you are mistaken. What is the source of this "4%"? Goldman is one popular site. Just remember that their estimate for Q1 was 3% growth as late as March. They just slashed the Q2 forecast sharply. Who is predicting 4%?

Old 06-25-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No you wouldn't.

I would love 4%. Who is projecting 4%?

Old 06-25-2014, 01:05 PM

594 posts, read 345,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I would love 4%. Who is projecting 4%?
The same people who said "you can keep your heath care plan, period."

Old 06-25-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
The same people who said "you can keep your heath care plan, period."
The White House? The official government scorekeeper hasn't projected 4%.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:10 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,633 times
Quote:
4% increase in GDP with Obama in charge...LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL..

Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You mind actually telling use the date, because a few days could equal anything, are you going to lie and say it was the next day ?
Freeways in Atlanta shutting down for a day does not equal negative GDP

Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
That Recession never ended.
Yes, it did. Get over it already.

Quote:
I post a video of a Beach frozen over and you respond by saying its normal ???????
Um, for those who are not scientifically inclined....this is normal....

Quote:
1. You are wrong about GDP being the worst since the 1920/30's
No, you misunderstood what he said, but, then, we've come to expect that from you.

Quote:
2. And again, Do you not understand what shutting down 4 states that have never been shut down before looks like.

Alabama beaches have never frozen, these cities and states dont have the equipment to handle these things.
The US economy revolves around Alabama?

Didn't did you say Alabama was a craphole Red State that lived off of federal tax-dollars?

Now you're saying Alabama is the Financial & Industrial Capital of the US.

Wow....how much help did you have moving the goal-posts?

Quote:
2. Your argumetn was that their were consequences for elected barack Obama, I asked if you could explain how his 2 opponents could have done better. You failed ot do that and deflected.
I doubt they would have engaged in a misguided attempt to misdirect America's wealth into the Black-Hole Abyss known as healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Both of these are a sign of economic health and they noted if there was a slowdown in the USA why did the hours worked and wage income not decrease and in fact increased.
Um, the Wages/Salaries for each of the 800+ Job Skill-sets are determined by the Supply & Demand of each of the 800+ Job Skill-sets in each of the 1,539 Labor Markets in the US, and not by GDP.

But thanks for you attempt to Göbbelize and mislead everyone just the same.

Wages/Salaries are independent of GDP. A increase in GDP does not and cannot cause an increase in Wages/Salaries. Likewise a decrease in GDP cannot cause a decrease in Wages/Salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
No according to the Business Insider web site, nealy 3/4 of the revision was due to a sharp drop in health care spending or about -2.3% (lower insurance premiums, medical costs and payouts to hospitals and doctors due to ACA) ...
You do realize that proves I was correct all along, right?

I am probably the only person in the US who suggested there would be a recession 2nd Quarter 2014.

I suggested that in April/May of 2013....right here on C-D.

I did not follow through with an actual prediction, due to the fact that when I returned to the US back in September, Obama had begun delaying the implementation of key provisions of Obamacare.

Over the next several months, Obama continued -- with the stroke of the special dictatorial pen -- to delay key provisions of Obamacare.

At that time, I believed those actions would be sufficient to delay....but not stop...the recession.

You do understand it's a lot of work, right?

All the math -- calculus -- and the statistical analysis is very time-consuming. Sure, I've got spreadsheets I set up 10 years ago when I was in grad school, but it still takes a lot of time, almost a freaking week.

Anyway, I should have followed through, not because I'm a fame-seeker, but because I do so love to gloat.

The other important point it proves is that health insurance companies were victims and not at fault.

The bad guy this entire time is exactly who I said it was: the American Hospital Association, your entire monopoly hospital system that illegally colludes to illegally engage in price-fixing, price-gouging and over-charging Americans for healthcare services, plus your obsolete antiquated Hospital Model of healthcare delivery.

That reminds me.....can you show us in Obamacare the penalty that a hospital must pay for price-gouging and over-charging a patient $55,000 for something that probably only costs $2,800?

The reason I ask is because Common Sense People cannot find where it says it is illegal for hospitals to price-fix, price-gouge or over-charge.

But, hey.....blame insurance companies anyway...
"As to the people they have no understanding, and only repeat what their rulers are pleased to tell them" -- Protagoras

"...to get a doctrine accepted or rejected it is only necessary to have it praised or ridiculed in the Media by a popular celebrity..." -- Plato (with some literary license by me).

Anyway, it is your healthcare system, not your health insurance companies, that creates the destructive drag on your economy.

Normally...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies