Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The problem with the Tea Party is that they are full of contradictions:

We are for less taxes! Yea!

We are for a balanced budget! Yea!

But we don't want to raise taxes to balance the budget! Yea!

We have to cut government programs! Yea!

We have to cut Medicare and Social Security! Ye..I mean not so fast..Let's think about it....

Keep your government hands off my Medicare! Yea...I think, I don't know, is Medicare a government program? I don't know....
If we actually cut the fraud and wasteful sending, we'd have one huge cut in spending right there. Or are you incapable of this line of thinking?

Medicaid wrongly paid out more than $14 billion last year to managed care organizations, often for treatments or services that were not necessary, never performed or weren't eligible for coverage.

That's according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office.

Now that the ACA has put even more people onto Medicaid, that Medicaid waste and fraud will balloon.

Every year the GAO sends 0bama a new report on where hundreds of billions in waste exist, and every year he ignores it, and every year new federal budgets increases across the board, while billions in fraud and waste go unchecked.

We are Taxed Enough Already. Asking our government to spend our taxes wisely, that should not be too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

the left likes to whine about the Bush spending on the wars, well...

For comparison, $14 billion is the cost of the new airport planned for Beijing, China. It's also how much the U.S. government has spent training Iraq's military since 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Nothing we do or say now is protected, nothing. They scan our US Mail, and store it, they scan our phone calls, emails, online purchases, tweets, and web site we visit, there is no freedom. Don't you get it?? We all have a federal NSA bureaucrat, essentially following us around all day, recording everything we do.

All we are missing is a 24/7 video capture of our every move, would you have a problem with that too? I mean, they already record everything else we do, so what's left?

How much you want to bet they have more then a lame six month storage for all of the NSA spying, and it's all backed up. When it comes to storing their data, who cares, when it comes to sping on the people, the sky is the limit.
What you're talking about is privacy, not freedom. I'll give you an example. I have the freedom to do anything I want in my living room, within the law. I retain this freedom whether the curtains are open or closed. Just because you may have lost privacy does not mean you've lost freedom. You are just as free whether the govt. is listening or not.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I doubt anybody is going to get into any trouble over this at all and nobody will be prevented from voting in the general election. The law is simply not enforced.
Because of the egregiousness of the deception, this should be a test case.
Quote:
As former FEC official and Heritage Foundation fellow Hans Von Spakovsky put it in saying the law was unenforceable: It's "one of those laws on the books, it's hard to enforce."
Hard. Not impossible. What should be immediately obvious is that tricking Democrat voters into voting in the Republican primary and not telling them that according to MS state law doing so means they can't vote for the Democrat candidate in November is highly unethical. As such, it should not be tolerated.

Quote:
Not only that but McDaniel himself voted in the 2003 Mississippi Democratic gubernatorial primary
He disputes that. Has proof been shown? Or is this just a "say so" allegation?
Legislature | The Clarion-Ledger | clarionledger.com

Found an image here, but there's no name on it. Could be anyone's:
http://msconservativespac.com/wp-con...DanielSEMS.jpg

Last edited by InformedConsent; 06-25-2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I don't see the dominoes falling for the Tea Party in the GOP here. You've won a few and that's it. The establishment has won more and they have more support.
Incumbents usually do win, they have distinct advantages. Even in the massive, historical turnover election of 2010, I think 85% of all incumbents were reelected.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What you're talking about is privacy, not freedom. I'll give you an example. I have the freedom to do anything I want in my living room, within the law. I retain this freedom whether the curtains are open or closed. Just because you may have lost privacy does not mean you've lost freedom. You are just as free whether the govt. is listening or not.
You cannot be this lost. Even a 24/7 video log of your day by government would not be viewed by you as a loss in freedom. No wait, you are that far gone.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,396,512 times
Quote:
If we actually cut the fraud and wasteful sending, we'd have one huge cut in spending right there. Or are you incapable of this line of thinking?

Medicaid wrongly paid out more than $14 billion last year to managed care organizations, often for treatments or services that were not necessary, never performed or weren't eligible for coverage.

That's according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office.

Now that the ACA has put even more people onto Medicaid, that Medicaid waste and fraud will balloon.

Every year the GAO sends 0bama a new report on where hundreds of billions in waste exist, and every year he ignores it, and every year new federal budgets increases across the board, while billions in fraud and waste go unchecked.

We are Taxed Enough Already. Asking our government to spend our taxes wisely, that should not be too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

the left likes to whine about the Bush spending on the wars, well...

For comparison, $14 billion is the cost of the new airport planned for Beijing, China. It's also how much the U.S. government has spent training Iraq's military since 2003.
There is Medicaid fraud. No doubt. What all Tea Partiers will find out is that thousands of middle-class folks also use and rely on Medicaid. How you ask? Amyone who has an elderly parent and that parent needs to be placed in a nursing home, who do you think pays? Does the average middle class family have enough to pay 5 to 7 thousand a month for nursing home care for a sick parent? Of course not. Who picks up the tab? Medicaid.

Yea..take that away fom the middle class and let's see how well the Tea Party does in the next election cycle.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Quote:
You cannot be this lost. Even a 24/7 video log of your day by government would not be viewed by you as a loss in freedom. No wait, you are that far gone.
Apparently, even with a basic logical explanation, you remain lost. Sorry I can't help you. Maybe you should consult a dictionary.

According to your ridiculous definition, a movie star is less free than someone in the hole, because people are watching. Nonsense.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:12 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
It is time for the Tea Party to use the nuclear option against the RINOs. That means putting McDaniel on the ballot as a write in, in Mississippi, which will give the seat to the democrat. It also means supporting the democrat against Mitch McConnell in Kentucky with financial support and with votes. It is still possible to take the senate without these two seats. Their kind of politics against the Tea Party needs to be dealt with.
Please conservatives hate those Americans who the Democratic Party represents in their minds too much to support Democrats.

conservatives will fall in line behind conservative candidates.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:13 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because of the egregiousness of the deception, this should be a test case.
Hard. Not impossible. What should be immediately obvious is that tricking Democrat voters into voting in the Republic primary and not telling them that according to MS state law doing so means they can't vote for the Democrat candidate in November is highly unethical. As such, it should not be tolerated.

He disputes that. Has proof been shown? Or is this just a "say so" allegation?
Legislature | The Clarion-Ledger | clarionledger.com

Found an image here, but there's no name on it. Could be anyone's:
http://msconservativespac.com/wp-con...DanielSEMS.jpg

You can make the argument that it's unethical.

But it won't be enforced. When the attorney general and secretary of state (the two people who would be the ones to enforce it) say as much, it's over. It's one of those dumb laws that belong on a list of dumb laws. Mississippi officials won't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:14 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Please conservatives hate those Americans who the Democratic Party represents
Cochran sure seems to love them.

Or did he just trick and use them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies