Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 10:31 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,491,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
100 Ron Paul types and we would be well on our way to the most prosperous times in the USA since the 1920's.
Lmao. Take a history lesson. The "prosperity" of the twenties was an illusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 10:32 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,003,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The problem is that you don't recognize that there is little difference between the two parties. Cochran a solid conservative??????? Why comment when you don't know Cochrans voting record.

So your definition of genteel, thoughtful, Southern Republican is someone whose campaign sinks to low levels and buys democrats so they can vote for him? You've been out in the sun too long.
The said fact is that Cochran shouldn't have had to sink so low just to beat some idiot Tea Party member, but was forced to do so because of the flat-out crazies on the fringe of the Republican Party....like yourself.

Cochran isn't a solid conservative?

My goodness...to even imply that he isn't just shows how nuts you guys have become.
Quote:
Yea lets get the same ones who ruined the economy and makes us less safe by keeping us in never ending wars in the Middle East to keep doing business as usual.
Being a healthy adult male, I don't need anyone to run my life for me.
Wars that you supported at the time. And whatever economic program Cochran voted for, you supported like a good little Republican.

Stop with the Ron Paul pretensions. That's not where you've always been politically. You've always been a mainstream Republican. Own up to it.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,296,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
But apparently Ronald Reagan did not. His less taxes and less government resulted in a massive budget deficit. Trickle down did not work then and will not work for the Tea Party no matter how they may wish otherwise.
We can only dream of an economy that Reagan's trickle down engineered. 3% decrease in the first quarter with Obama's big spending program
Medicare works and works very well. Even senior citizen Tea Partiers know that.
Medicare will not be working after Obamacare takes full effect. Funding for medicare is drastically reduced by Obamacare just as huge numbers of patients are added to the program. The plan: let them die and not use the funds.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
True. The lesson from the Reagan Administration is that large tax breaks and increased spending results in large deficits. David Stockman nailed it and he has been proven right time and again.

The military spending by Reagan helped end the Cold War which resulted in a huge decrease in military spending over the next 8 years that were a big reason for the balanced budget towards the end of the Clinton term.

VA is a wreck. However, there are government agencies and programs that work extremely well. A scandal in one should not taint them all.
Of course not. The Dept of Education, EPA, and IRS are SO well run!

I pay into it and I fully expect to have its benefits when I retire. I have seen it work too many times to be negative on it.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Lmao. Take a history lesson. The "prosperity" of the twenties was an illusion.
So was Clinton's boom. Fake real estate boom, internet bubble.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The said fact is that Cochran shouldn't have had to sink so low just to beat some idiot Tea Party member, but was forced to do so because of the flat-out crazies on the fringe of the Republican Party....like yourself.

My goodness...to even imply that he isn't just shows how nuts you guys have become.

To you Lenin would be a conservative.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 PM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
The problem is that you don't recognize that there is little difference between the two parties. Cochran a solid conservative??????? Why comment when you don't know Cochrans voting record.

So your definition of genteel, thoughtful, Southern Republican is someone whose campaign sinks to low levels and buys democrats so they can vote for him? You've been out in the sun too long.

It was probably my relatives that went door to door trying to re-elect Cochran.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:15 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,880,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I posted his record on his many attacks on our rights. Nobody disputed the link.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:36 PM

38,603 posts, read 26,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Ronald Reagan and small government lol? Are you really kidding me? Ronald Reagan BALLOONED the federal government. Taxes stayed pretty much stagnant during his reign in office as well. Yes he cut them in 81, but then raised them again in 82,83,84,85,and 87. You could argue for less regulation, but most of that began under his predecessor so it's not like he started the avalanche with that one. Don't get me wrong, I think Ronald Reagan was a fine President. After the disappoint of the prior few he made people proud of the Presidency again. However, this belief that Ronald Reagan was a no compromise, take no prisoners conservative ala the tea party simply isn't true. Tip O'Neil said in his book, to his great disappointment, that the legislative team under Ronald Reagan was the best of all the Presidents he worked for in the Congressional leadership. He also said that he got more compromise out of him than he did under Jimmy Carter. So again, I think you need a history lesson .

Yeah, thanks for the history lesson Lucidkitty!

Let's Learn from Ronald Reagan's Mistake

AllPolitics - Surprise! Congress Overrides A Reagan Veto - September 20, 1982

Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,003,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
To you Lenin would be a conservative.
He certainly had all the hallmarks of a typical mainstream American Republican. So did Stalin by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies