Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

Advertisements

I've always said that I did not think Obama would ever go much under 40%. He's actually at 41.5 on RCP. He has an automatic base not just with blacks, but with white liberals.

This suggests a fundamental difference between R's and D's. W Bush got as low as 28% approval in his second term. Obviously when 72% don't approve, there were lots of Republican/conservatives who disapproved. Democrats by contrast tend to believe 'my party, right or wrong' and that is why I doubt that Obama will ever go much if any under 40% approval.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:41 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Adding the 30% black disapproval rating, that's 70%.
13% of the vote is represented by black Americans.

30% of that 13% turns a 40% disapproval rating into 70%??

LOL

Old 06-25-2014, 04:44 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Obama's approval or disapproval ratings are largely moot far as the man is concerned. In a bit over two years his term will end and he cannot run again for POTUS, not right away at least anyway.

Regardless of how the American electorate feels it is also *VERY* certain after 2016 Obama will be able to write his own ticket as there will be offers from all over the United States and probably Europe for everything from speaking engagements, positions on corporate and non-profit boards, funding for any sort of foundation he wishes to start (a la Bill Clinton) and so forth.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Weekly Obama Job Approval Dips to 41%, Near Personal Low

Obama's approval is at 41% and 40% based on 3 day rolling average. Yet I STILL don't get why it's that high.

and that is worse than George Bush after Katrina~~~
people are beginning to see this hack for the POS he is!!!!!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Hopefully Hillary will do better when she takes his place in 2016

hahahahaha
not the way she is sinking
her " we are not that well off"
hahahaha

Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Obama's approval or disapproval ratings are largely moot far as the man is concerned. In a bit over two years his term will end and he cannot run again for POTUS, not right away at least anyway.

Regardless of how the American electorate feels it is also *VERY* certain after 2016 Obama will be able to write his own ticket as there will be offers from all over the United States and probably Europe for everything from speaking engagements, positions on corporate and non-profit boards, funding for any sort of foundation he wishes to start (a la Bill Clinton) and so forth.

oh you think???
not the way people are looking at him he will not sell toilet paper
but really is that what is important??? how much money he can milk???
and Obama is NO Bill Clinton!!!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've always said that I did not think Obama would ever go much under 40%. He's actually at 41.5 on RCP. He has an automatic base not just with blacks, but with white liberals.

This suggests a fundamental difference between R's and D's. W Bush got as low as 28% approval in his second term. Obviously when 72% don't approve, there were lots of Republican/conservatives who disapproved. Democrats by contrast tend to believe 'my party, right or wrong' and that is why I doubt that Obama will ever go much if any under 40% approval.

nope not with the Nov elections coming up
they are more interested in their jobs than some slimly president

Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh you think???
not the way people are looking at him he will not sell toilet paper
but really is that what is important??? how much money he can milk???
and Obama is NO Bill Clinton!!!
Well that would depend upon which "people" are looking at the man wouldn't it?

In the Ivy League (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc..) Georgetown, and other progressive colleges/universities Obama still has enough "street cred" to be welcomed. Silicon Valley, Hollywood/entertainment industry, gays and their supporters also by and large are happy with the man. Many European countries caught Obama fever ever since his Rainbow Tour pre 2008 election cycle and haven't lost the feeling. Cambridge or Oxford would probably have Obama.

Then there is this tidbit; whomever wins the WH in 2016 has good odds of sending one or more judges to the SCOTUS. If the Clinton woman gets in or another Democrat it might suit their and the party's
purposes to nominate Obama. This of course would cause a good number to pull back their ears and or kick, but you have to give the man credit where understanding of constitutional law is concerned. He called both DOMA and got the court to give him his healthcare mandate.

Going back to the LGBT thing, that community has quite a bit of money and or members sitting in some very high positions (head of Apple Computers for a start). Mr. Cook could easily create something for Obama and slide him into that berth and don't think there would be too much protest.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Why are you cons so obsessed with race?
We are not "obsessed with race," but race is a dominant factor in current US politics. Obama won 81% of the non-white vote, which was 27% of the total electorate in 2012. He won about 93% of the black vote, which constitutes 44% of the non-white vote. Romney by contrast won 59% of the white vote. If he had been able to win just 30% of the non white vote, he would have won the election. You can stick your head in the sand if you wish, but I do not.

Obama also played the race card early and often in the 2008 election, not according to me, but according to Hillary Clinton. Why do think Obama was so 'obsessed with race?'

Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Even though I lean left, if given two choices, I would say I do not approve of Obama overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies