Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It must go state by state.....in Michigan it is taxable income only.
It does. My state, Texas, doesn't want to play along. We also have the highest rate of uninsured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It does. My state, Texas, doesn't want to play along. We also have the highest rate of uninsured.
Uh, yeah your state Texas (my state too) didn't want to "play along" because we all knew exactly what was coming down the pipe...

So far just this year more than 45,000 illegal alien children have been basically dropped off in our state like stray dogs and left to fend for themselves. Every single one of them is now being coached on what to say and what to do in order to stay in the great old USA forever. Why should the tax payers of this state like myself be expected to pay for the cost associated with taking care of these kids when the President and his team have done very little if anything to stop them from flowing in?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:41 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Once again, nothing requires you to take Medicaid or a subsidy. A private insurance company will not turn you away because of income. If you are trying to get a subsidy then your income will determine your eligibility and if your income is too low you will qualify for Medicaid, but nothing requires you to take Medicaid or any other subsidy.

Show me a single law that forbids a person from buying private insurance and forces said person to take Medicaid.

Your assertion is quite false in 20 states.

The law of economics says that if your income is too low to afford buying private insurance,
the fact that private insurers demand cash up front pretty much prohibits you from buying it.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Uh, yeah your state Texas (my state too) didn't want to "play along" because we all knew exactly what was coming down the pipe...

So far just this year more than 45,000 illegal alien children have been basically dropped off in our state like stray dogs and left to fend for themselves. Every single one of them is now being coached on what to say and what to do in order to stay in the great old USA forever. Why should the tax payers of this state like myself be expected to pay for the cost associated with taking care of these kids when the President and his team have done very little if anything to stop them from flowing in?
Every single one eh? Puh-lease. If you're that gullible then you should contact me about this property I'm renting...

Texas would fall apart without that illegal labor.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

uhm yes

btw I am 100% covered as a 5 time combat vet
Also if you just got back from Iraq (like me) or Afgan. treatment is free (for most things) for the next 5 years with free Dental for 3 months then after that unless its service connected you have to pay.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

uhm yes

btw I am 100% covered as a 5 time combat vet
Neat. I'm covered, too. I told you this earlier.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Healthcare coverage for the "poor' was never the intent of ObamaCare. Control, and more money for the Federal bureaucrats to dole out as they see fit, was.

In other words, taking even more money out ot the hands of the private sector was always the goal, and putting the Federal government in charge of a major part of your life.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:56 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Healthcare coverage for the "poor' was never the intent of ObamaCare. Control, and more money for the Federal bureaucrats to dole out as they see fit, was.

In other words, taking even more money out ot the hands of the private sector was always the goal, and putting the Federal government in charge of a major part of your life.

Finally, a truthful answer. Bet the sheep will never buy it, their handlers told them different.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
"The poor get HC through medicaid. Stop the hysterics."

??? Before Obamacare, most poor adults did not get HC through Medicaid because they were not eligible. Under Obamacare, in most states these same uninsured adults STILL do not get HC through Medicaid. Where do people get the idea that they do?
The question is, where do YOU get the idea that the poor do NOT get Medicaid?

Do you have ANY idea what Medicaid is? I doubt it.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:35 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The question is, where do YOU get the idea that the poor do NOT get Medicaid?

Do you have ANY idea what Medicaid is? I doubt it.
Before ACA to get Medicaid in Michigan you had to be poor......and if you were an adult....disabled.

Now....it is JUST income.....not assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies