Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 PM

923 posts, read 1,430,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The discussion has not been about crime in Colorado. Pot use HAS increased in US, and more people are seeking treatment. Those are the facts.

Contrary to what steve said about one year, the huge jump in emergency room visits and admissions was not in one year, but started earlier.
You might want to go back and read reply #51

Old 06-28-2014, 07:06 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Where is the hype you keep talking about, because I only seen this one article, and it is not even a US source? As a matter of fact the complete silence in the US Mainstream Media should be more telling than anything. Why do you think the media is silent? It seems the opposite of what you say is true.
Perhaps you aren't reading from local newspapers and those that reflect regional news but pot is the one thing they harp about constantly here in the NW where the legalization issue is getting more of the spotlight than it deserves. Just today the local news is questioning whether we'll see more death and destruction on the highways now that this stuff is legal, as if it wasn't ever being smoked before by many millions of drivers through the last thirty years.

Much ado about nothing I say........ HYPE=

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits : an industry quick to hype its products

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Perhaps you aren't reading from local newspapers and those that reflect regional news but pot is the one thing they harp about constantly here in the NW where the legalization issue is getting more of the spotlight than it deserves. Just today the local news is questioning whether we'll see more death and destruction on the highways now that this stuff is legal, as if it wasn't ever being smoked before by many millions of drivers through the last thirty years.

Much ado about nothing I say........ HYPE=

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits : an industry quick to hype its products

I though everybody knew all the pot smokers just started smoking bud a few months ago..

Old 06-28-2014, 09:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
I do not expect the addicts to believe, but others might listen.
Then why should I believe the government is taking the war on drugs seriously and trying to protect the people from harm when narcs will tell you they only seize around 10% of the underground drug market? And then prisoners when they come out of prison will tell you drugs were just about as easy to get of hold in there as it was on the outside. As the incarceration rate goes up, It just goes to show you the war on drugs is really a war on people. No wonder, people are coming around to seeing how severe the need is to legalize and regulate at least marijuana, instead of leaving it up to a bunch of criminals and gang members to regulate it amongst themselves and all the violence that can lead to.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:59 PM

So how severely ill are people acting after smoking pot that they have to show up in the emergency room wanting treatment? Are they violently vomiting, in a lot of pain, or what?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So how severely ill are people acting after smoking pot that they have to show up in the emergency room wanting treatment? Are they violently vomiting, in a lot of pain, or what?

I've never ever seen anyone get sick from smoking some bud. and I've known a lot of pot smokers.. cant say that for booze though, I've been so sick from booze I felt like dying.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:30 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
The discussion has not been about crime in Colorado. Pot use HAS increased in US, and more people are seeking treatment. Those are the facts. Maybe it is too early to declare it is because if CO an WA, but I am pretty sure I added the pro-pot propaganda is the biggest contributor to the rise.

I said this on the first page: "Yes, it is not just about the fact that two States legalized it, it is the long-term pro-drug propaganda telling the youth pot is harmless."

Contrary to what steve said about one year, the huge jump in emergency room visits and admissions was not in one year, but started earlier.
If it has, so what. Pot has always been here front and center. Do you remember the head shops that sold pipes and papers and all sorts of paraphernalia. They may have been closed down but people still smoked. Pot has been around forever. I know many who smoke because it relieves their pain and anxiety among other ailments. Should we just take Oxy and become addicted to that.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I've never ever seen anyone get sick from smoking some bud. and I've known a lot of pot smokers.. cant say that for booze though, I've been so sick from booze I felt like dying.
I've been sick from booze before from throwing up and not able to focus my eyes. I never drink to that extent any more.

From the few times I've smoked pot, I never noticed it making me the least bit sick. So I still don't get all these reports about people going to the emergency room, because they're sick from pot.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
I've been sick from booze before from throwing up and not able to focus my eyes. I never drink to that extent any more.

From the few times I've smoked pot, I never noticed it making me the least bit sick. So I still don't get all these reports about people going to the emergency room, because they're sick from pot.

I really think these reports come from pharmaceutical companies to try and scare people. Many cancer patients smoke pot because it helps with the nausea. And it is very effective.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:

Because marijuana is stronger, especially the edibles that have become more popular recently. I don't think it's so much sickness, just freaking out. Having a freak out or tripping can produce quite a few unpleasant mental side effects. I've been there, just remained level headed and realize it's all in my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies