Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yep, just like me. That's why I plan to someday stake out a hospital and find some nice lady like Tilt, there, to insult when she's most vulnerable.

As I said, just because it's a right, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Enjoy yourselves. If there is a God, I believe you will be surprised by Her reaction to you when you get to the ol' Pearly Gates.
Why would someone seeking an abortion be "most vulnerable?" When I listen to liberals speak on abortion, I only hear rainbows and skittle shatting unicorns....everything is normal and just and right. Just another day in the abortion-filled neighborhood called Liberal Utopia.

And now you're telling us that the person seeking abortion is at her "most vulnerable?"

What gives? Are you now changing the liberal perspective on abortion to be that of a not-so-good scenario? Are you folks hypocrites? Sure sounds like it.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,707 times
You know, I wonder if this ruling will end up having unintended consequences down the road when someone doesn't feel that it is acceptable for them to be corralled into "Free Speech Zones" when important political events are taking place or high-ranking politicians are in town.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:39 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yep, just like me. That's why I plan to someday stake out a hospital and find some nice lady like Tilt, there, to insult when she's most vulnerable.

As I said, just because it's a right, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Enjoy yourselves. If there is a God, I believe you will be surprised by Her reaction to you when you get to the ol' Pearly Gates.
We agree , good luck on your protests

Old 06-26-2014, 09:44 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,370,058 times
A very sad day indeed.

Those who protest outside of these clinics are no better than the westboro thugs. They are harassing and interfering with a woman's right to a LEGAL procedure. They are thugs.

The solution is very simple for those who don't believe in abortion - don't get one. That's why it's called choice.

I believe life begins at viable birth and not before and I have a right to my beliefs just as the lifer's do theirs.

This is one of the millions of anti-abortion threads on this forum and I continually ask the lifers; what right do they have to dictate my healthcare choices that should be between me and my healthcare provider? The lifers never answer - they just bloviate BS.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
This vote was 9-0 also
The Supreme Court is on a roll.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 AM

46,975 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Definitely a victory for those who get the feel-goods by lashing out at others when they're at their most vulnerable. May you harvest what you sow.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,049,449 times
People have the right to make themselves look as disgusting as they want to. It's why WBC continues to exist.

I may not like it, and will exersize -my- freedom of speech voicing my digust at such animals, but they have a right to protest and look like complete idiots.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree, and I fully support their first amendment rights, outside of the cemetery. Line up on the walls of it if you want and yell whatever, but within the gates, I feel you deserve the same protections as you do at abortion clinics. They can't come inside and harass you.

But I was asking the other poster who said they "fully" support the right to free speech. I'm curious as to their concerns in this aspect.

In my mind, this is the same situation with different circumstances.
As disgusting and distasteful as these wacko anti-abortion protesters are...I have to agree. If we infringe on their free speach rights we have no justification not to infringe on other free speach issues we don't agree with. If a gay group or pro-abortion group wants to protest outside a church, they have exactly the same rights and freedoms. Once inside it's private property and they have no such right. So be it. In both cases you would hope that people would have more class than to protest under such circumstances, but history has proven otherwise.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
You can protest something even if it's legal. The point is to change public law and policy -that's usually why people protest. Most health care decisions do not involve killing a human fetus.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-26-2014 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
People have the right to make themselves look as disgusting as they want to. It's why WBC continues to exist.

I may not like it, and will exersize -my- freedom of speech voicing my digust at such animals, but they have a right to protest and look like complete idiots.
We'll see what happens. They might have the right to protest, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't protest on private property. They also don't have the right to intimidate or harass people.

Either way, it's a ruling in favor of do-nothing losers who make no contributions to society. They have no better way to spend their time than making life difficult for others. They're bottom-feeders and a drag on this country and on freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.