Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is teaching the Liberal Entitlement attitude doing an injustice to our youth?
Yes. We are creating people of weak mental fortitude who won't be able to overcome obstacles or hardship. 40 81.63%
No. Liberal hand outs and entitlements are the future of America! 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 AM

864 posts, read 799,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I didn't say built by, I said designed by. Know the difference, unions didn't design crappy cars.
Proof?

According to the UAW website, the UAW also represents the following in the auto industry: Technical, Office and Professional, industrial designers...

So do you have proof that this was DIFFERENT during the time you're speaking of, or are you just making stuff up like you always do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 AM

864 posts, read 799,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you want the US to be more like China? Sorry kiddo, I prefer to be more like present day Germany.
I'm never said I wanted anything, I'm simply asking a question about where jobs went and why. I think it's a simple question with a simple answer.

Also, China may have a lot of catchup to do when it comes to workers rights and human rights overall. But in economic terms, China's manufacturing sector has blown Germany out of the water in terms of growth over the past 20 years.

You can wish for present day Germany, and guess what, you would just as unlikely get a manufacturing job there as you would in the U.S.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? My premise is that this person has zero left after paying the exorbitant rent, keeping the lights turned on and eating. Maybe they also have a student loan garnishment. The greater part of moving cost for this person will be the cost to move into housing, e.g. the required rent, deposits and fees, and usually cannot be waived or deferred.
Been there, done that, and worked my way out of it by increasing my skills.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:15 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Interesting idea. $200,000 for the rest of their lives.

Wasn't there an economic system that some country tried before, where everyone made the same amount of money and wealth creation didn't exist?

Hmm.
yes, but it SOUNDS good.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Basically.

Only a right-wing sock puppet
sock puppet? there there feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

Let's not forget that the red states have a higher poverty rate than blue ones AND take more money from the Federal government than they receive.
I am conservative as are most people that live in my area. We live in a blue states. Obviously the people in the poverty stricken cities did a pretty good job of outproducing us on the tax payers dime and oh we don't have a law requiring a voter ID either.

Using red state, blue state in an attempt to attack conservatives is crap.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:16 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
The people who constantly complain about too many people being on welfare complaining about paying people enough so they don't have to be on welfare.

Shine on you crazy diamonds!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
how does it cost lives?

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
sock puppet? there there feel better?

I am conservative as are most people that live in my area. We live in a blue states. Obviously the people in the poverty stricken cities did a pretty good job of outproducing us on the tax payers dime and oh we don't have a law requiring a voter ID either.

Using red state, blue state in an attempt to attack conservatives is crap.
Pffft... tell that to the clowns who constantly post right-wing lunacy on this forum, trying to "prove" that "liberals" are the problem because of places like Detroit. If we're going to point to examples of failed leadership, they have to answer up for the entire Old Confederacy.

The all-red, all Republican / Tea Party deep south is a poverty riddled basketcase. Own it, Mr. Proud Conservative.

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Proof?

According to the UAW website, the UAW also represents the following in the auto industry: Technical, Office and Professional, industrial designers...

So do you have proof that this was DIFFERENT during the time you're speaking of, or are you just making stuff up like you always do?
Do you have proof that the car designers were liberal or conservative? I'll wait.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
I'm never said I wanted anything, I'm simply asking a question about where jobs went and why. I think it's a simple question with a simple answer.

Also, China may have a lot of catchup to do when it comes to workers rights and human rights overall. But in economic terms, China's manufacturing sector has blown Germany out of the water in terms of growth over the past 20 years.

You can wish for present day Germany, and guess what, you would just as unlikely get a manufacturing job there as you would in the U.S.
I am still waiting for you to tell me how much a dishwasher is worth in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies