Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is teaching the Liberal Entitlement attitude doing an injustice to our youth?
Yes. We are creating people of weak mental fortitude who won't be able to overcome obstacles or hardship. 40 81.63%
No. Liberal hand outs and entitlements are the future of America! 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:50 AM

864 posts, read 799,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I still can't be believe that a conservative twisted minimum wage debates into liberal blame for gun massacres committed by crazy people.

Wait, actually...yes I can.

And then conservatives wonder why the rest of the world laughs at them and dismisses whatever they have to say.
Should have listened to conservatives when they said an Iraq withdrawal would be premature in 2011. Now we've got Iraq on the verge of being taken over by a militant Al Qaeda spin off. Same thing will happen in Afghanistan when Obama decides to "claim victory" and pull everyone out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:51 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,721,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well what line of work and market do you understand? Seeing the hypothetical question is lost on you.
I have a lot of market experience with IT professionals so I know what they are worth and how the market sets their value.

And the hypothetical question is not lost on me. Maybe you could see better if you stopped rolling your eyes.

Quote:
Also if you don't know the market, how do you know a dishwasher isn't worth what the minimum wage is?
I don't recall saying that a dishwasher isn't worth what the minimum wage is. I did say there should be NO minimum wage and dishwashers should be paid what the market demands. That pay will vary from market to market.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If that 1 out of 100,000 is the designer of the cars, it matters.

I believe you really ARE confused!
You're confusing "systems of organization" with "individuals". You have some homework to do. Shoo!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,440,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Should have listened to conservatives when they said an Iraq withdrawal would be premature in 2011. Now we've got Iraq on the verge of being taken over by a militant Al Qaeda spin off. Same thing will happen in Afghanistan when Obama decides to "claim victory" and pull everyone out.
Yeah, the same conservatives who originally sent us into that hopeless mess under completely false and useless pretenses. It was a no-win situation from Day One, and we have idiot Bush to thank for making it happen. Do you know how long US forces would need to stay there to keep the country from falling apart? FOREVER.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM

7,487 posts, read 5,740,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That never existed.

A small group of people have always owned all the resources and the government.

The rest of the people simply try to navigate the system.
It worked for me and a lot of other people on this forum. I suspect some folks need to take a long hard look at thenselves.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:01 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,178,781 times
Why is it that same 15-20 RWNJ's post the same stupid #$@! everyday on this board. It's as if they start a conversation that goes completely over their heads and then pester educated people that are trying to have a rational conversation about it.

Do you knuckleheads really want the truth? Seattle passed a $15 an hour minimum wage to prevent the city from becoming a crime infested, welfare ridden hellhole like most of CA has become. Seattle is a nice place, and we want to keep it that way, so we have decided to pay people a livable wage to prevent them from turning our city into a dump. A $15 an hour minimum wage prevents people from stealing, selling drugs or simply not working by creating an incentive to actually work. It reduces the amount of subsidized housing, and cuts down on the spread of the ghettos that most other large cities have. At the end of the day I'll pay another quarter for my french fries to help reduce poverty in my city. I'll pay that extra quarter to not have an ex-con serving me food. I'll pay an extra quarter to have the person in the drive through speak fluent English. I'll pay that extra quarter to keep my city nice.

You people just don't get it. All you do is complain about lowlifes, but you do everything in your power to create an environment for them.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah, the same conservatives who sent us into that mess in the first place
Oh really?

Iraq Resolution: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002, Public Law No: 107-243

House of Representatives
Democratic YES Votes - 82. 40% of 209 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.

US Senate
Democratic YES Votes - 29. 58% of Democratic senators (29 of 50) voted for the resolution.

You want to take your foot out of your mouth or should I?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I'll pay that extra quarter to not have an ex-con serving me food. I'll pay an extra quarter to have the person in the drive through speak fluent English. I'll pay that extra quarter to keep my city nice.

You people just don't get it. All you do is complain about lowlifes, but you do everything in your power to create an environment for them.

Liberals.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,708,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well now you are a restaurant owner and you need to hire a dishwasher, how much would you pay them? Amazing how you guys dodge that question, don't want people to know how far below minimum wage someone should be paid?
Should this, should that, the world is full of should for everyone. If a specific skill set does not pay enough it is up to you to improve your skills. It is not the responsibility of someone else to increase to your definition of "should".

Old 06-27-2014, 10:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,149,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Doesn't matter. The Union is a liberal supported org. Who cares if 1 out of 100,000 is a conservative when the entire organization is liberal leaning?
And your proof to back up this claim? You are just assuming everyone that works for a union is liberal and that is incorrect. That would be like assuming everyone in a blue state is a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies