Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is teaching the Liberal Entitlement attitude doing an injustice to our youth?
Yes. We are creating people of weak mental fortitude who won't be able to overcome obstacles or hardship. 40 81.63%
No. Liberal hand outs and entitlements are the future of America! 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM

864 posts, read 799,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And you assuming everyone working for a union is liberal is a careless mistake.
Did I say every "individual" in a union is liberal?

Where did I say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 10:27 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Obama isn't doing well, but he could be doing better if he had listened to conservatives who predicted that this exact thing would happen in Iraq.
Sure, if you believe a permanent US occupation of Iraq is better. Because the minute you leave - whether ten days, ten months, or ten years from now - the place is always destined to fall apart.

And if conservatives had any predictive ability, they wouldn't have been idiots who pushed to invade Iraq in the first place.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
So basically you have no idea what they are worth, but you assume it is less than $15. Is that because you "feel" they are worth less?
Irrelevant to my point. I'm not talking about dish washers exclusively. That's some strawman you invented to avoid my main point which was the market should set the rate, not the some artificial support.

But if you want to get into specifics, let me go ahead and completely destroy your meager attempt at a point right now.

According to GlassDoor, the median wage for a french fry cook is $8.48. That is nearly HALF of the new mandated minimum wage. The market says $8.48 is what they are worth, but "people's feelings" say it should be $15. See how asinine and idiotic that is?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Did I say every "individual" in a union is liberal?

Where did I say that?
Good question, it sounded like you were implying that when you were trying to blame all the world's problems on liberals. So do you think all or even most union workers are liberal? I know a number of union workers who would disagree with you.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sure, if you believe a permanent US occupation of Iraq is better. Because the minute you leave - whether ten days, ten months, or ten years from now - the place is always destined to fall apart.

And if conservatives had any predictive ability, they wouldn't have been idiots who pushed to invade Iraq in the first place.
You don't know that for a fact. Iraq spent many decades "not falling apart" under a dictatorship. Are you claiming that Iraqis can only be stable when they are brutally oppressed?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Good question, it sounded like you were implying that when you were trying to blame all the world's problems on liberals. So do you think all or even most union workers are liberal? I know a number of union workers who would disagree with you.
Liberal leaning unions who represent liberal ideals are part of the world's problems. Yes.

So are you going to ignore how you basically were caught lying again? Are you proud of being so intellectually corrupt?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
"Should be paid" is a the liberal "feelings" argument.

i.e - "We feel dishwashers should make $60,000 a year! It doesn't make economic sense, and we'll chase businesses out of the city if we do this, but it just seems right."
Nobody's arguing dishwashers should be paid $60000/year. You seem to have an issue with policies you're only pretending other people make. This is probably because liberals upset you and make you sad, but you can't actually argue against them. I think that's why you make things up and pretend other people say them. Maybe there's another reason you make things up and pretend other people say them, but I think it's because liberals make you upset.

Boo hoo. Tissue?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant to my point. I'm not talking about dish washers exclusively. That's some strawman you invented to avoid my main point which was the market should set the rate, not the some artificial support.

But if you want to get into specifics, let me go ahead and completely destroy your meager attempt at a point right now.

According to GlassDoor, the median wage for a french fry cook is $8.48. That is nearly HALF of the new mandated minimum wage. The market says $8.48 is what they are worth, but "people's feelings" say it should be $15. See how asinine and idiotic that is?
Your first post talks about dishwasher jobs, that is your strawman I am questioning you about. Is $8.48 the median pay in the city of Seattle or Washington?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Liberal leaning unions who represent liberal ideals are part of the world's problems. Yes.

So are you going to ignore how you basically were caught lying again? Are you proud of being so intellectually corrupt?
Speaking of lies, you went from 1 in 100,000 to liberal leaning unions.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
You don't know that for a fact.
Anyone with an IQ over room temperature knows this for a fact: you can't invade and destroy a backwards nation of people with a thousand-year culture founded on violent religious intolerance and disregard for human rights, surrounded by other people with the same kind of intolerance, and then force it to evolve into some kind of a flourishing democracy in one or two decades. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Quote:
Iraq spent many decades "not falling apart" under a dictatorship.
Yes...because they were under a dictatorship - DUH. You are simply proposing that the USA become the new dictators.

Quote:
Are you claiming that Iraqis can only be stable when they are brutally oppressed?
YES. That should be obvious to you by now.

And by the way, same damn thing is going to end up happening in Afghanistan or any other third-world nation the USA decides to take over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies