Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times

Advertisements

How the Global Warming Scare Began

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUDGfCNC-k

Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 AM

553 posts, read 596,083 times
I know people that send me links to ten pages to read or videos that turn out to be an hour long and all they say in their e-mail is: "Important", or, "Must read", or "Good info". . . So I have a policy that if they're too lazy to write a few sentences telling me what it's about and convince me that I want to know more then I'm just too lazy to go there. And if I find out a video is going to be more that 3-5 minutes long. . .well. . . it better be pretty darn fantastic because I start thinking about all the other things I could do with that time.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
I know people that send me links to ten pages to read or videos that turn out to be an hour long and all they say in their e-mail is: "Important", or, "Must read", or "Good info". . . So I have a policy that if they're too lazy to write a few sentences telling me what it's about and convince me that I want to know more then I'm just too lazy to go there. And if I find out a video is going to be more that 3-5 minutes long. . .well. . . it better be pretty darn fantastic because I start thinking about all the other things I could do with that time.
You must miss a lot of good information then. I will start reading or watching and get a sense of the worth of my time since I'm reading this for my information and not due to someones desire.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Just read the comments to see the rebuttals of this idiot...I am not wasting time already spent.

Just a few selections:
- Taking the lowest temperature in the century and says global warming isn't happening. That's it. Ignores any high temperatures.
- He uses US temps only.
- He doesn't know what NOAA means. Completely no idea.
- He claims to be a trained and educated meteorologist, but all he did was read the teleprompter on the news. In his bio he has zero training beyond high school physics and chemistry. That's called lying.
- Says no warming or climate change is happening at all...in conflict to even other skeptics that say it's things like the sun causing it.

This is the first 3 minutes.

This guy is a prime example of why people laugh at denialists. That even an elementary school child could poke truck sized holes in his claims based on stupidity and ignorance. Even after getting laughably debunked climate deniers still champion his viewpoints where that debunking openly shown along with the video!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Just read the comments to see the rebuttals of this idiot...I am not wasting time already spent.

Just a few selections:
- Taking the lowest temperature in the century and says global warming isn't happening. That's it. Ignores any high temperatures.
- He uses US temps only.
- He claims to be a trained and educated meteorologist, but all he did was read the teleprompter on the news. In his bio he has zero training beyond high school physics and chemistry. That's called lying.
- Says no warming or climate change is happening at all...in conflict to even other skeptics that say it's things like the sun causing it.

This guy is a prime example of why people laugh at denialists. That even an elementary school child could poke truck sized holes in his claims based on stupidity and ignorance. Even after getting laughably debunked climate deniers still champion his viewpoints where that debunking openly shown along with the video!
You obviously didn't watch the video because your claims are wrong.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:

Just a few selections:
- He uses US temps only.

As expected. Look for some ignoramus to make a comment you agree with then call yourself educated on the subject. Typical Leftwing intellectualism.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You obviously didn't watch the video because your claims are wrong.
I didn't watch the entire video, as I can't stand that much blathering **** in one sitting without lobotomizing myself with a pen.

The claims are similar to several commentators expressing the same issue about the video long before I had a chance to see it. You can make claims I am wrong, and all those other people are wrong, but that's all it is...claims without proof. On the other hand I fully endorse posting this as often as humanly possible in as many places as possible.

This is a guy that makes deniers look even more idiotic. I thoroughly approve of championing this far and wide. It does more to discredit the idea that global warming is some insane conspiracy that really isn't happening than anything that anyone could ever say against it. This guy is trolling the movement he believes in.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I didn't watch the entire video, as I can't stand that much blathering **** in one sitting without lobotomizing myself with a pen.

The claims are similar to several commentators expressing the same issue about the video long before I had a chance to see it. You can make claims I am wrong, and all those other people are wrong, but that's all it is...claims without proof. On the other hand I fully endorse posting this as often as humanly possible in as many places as possible.

This is a guy that makes deniers look even more idiotic. I thoroughly approve of championing this far and wide. It does more to discredit the idea that global warming is some insane conspiracy that really isn't happening than anything that anyone could ever say against it. This guy is trolling the movement he believes in.
If you watched the video you would realize that the commentator, John Coleman, has a historical 60 year background in weather research, a meteorologist, a weather reporter and even co-founded the Weather Channel. Not only does he provide his own expertise on the global warming subject but he also provides critical information from the source or originator of global warming ... Dr. Roger Revelle ... a scientist and scholar who wrote the first modern scientific paper that linked carbon dioxide released into the air from the burning of fossil fuels and the greenhouse effect and the warming of temperatures on earth. He is the godfather of global warming. Dr Revelle is also the professor who taught Al Gore about global warming back at Harvard.

So don't you feel just a little bit silly?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:50 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:

Just a few selections:
- He uses US temps only.

"Denialists"?

How about simply using sound principles of science and evaluating the "global warming" hypothesis by that standard? Thus far, "global warming" remains as unproven conjecture with the fossil record (the only LONG TERM CLIMATE DATA) refuting the premise.

Why are the members of the "global warming" cult so opposed to sound science? Why do the cult members villify any questioning of the "global warming" hypothesis, when conventional science welcomes skepticism and further analysis?

Wake up- global warming is a cult and is the opposite of science.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Thumbs down <sniff>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
How the Global Warming Scare Began

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUDGfCNC-k

This stinks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.