Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 11:29 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No, it is because of scholarship money. Many kids play Soccer and other sports up through high school. In HS there are a ton of two and three sport athletes. Obviously not both Soccer and Football though. But the best of the best as you say, that go into college athletics will concentrate on Basketball or Football because full scholarships are plentiful, unlike Baseball and Soccer.
Funny as my girl is a helluva tennis player. Tennis is so boring but there are scholarships out there. Not full but anything helps.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Isn't it nice we all don't like the same sport???

If we did we would rarely get tickets.

As it is now it takes us near $500 a game to see the Red Wings.....but, we LOVE it!!!!
Hockey tickets that much? Dam. I was just reading the parking pass at Arrowhead was bumped up to thirty bucks for this season. Just crazy. Love to be there but hey the big screen now is in charge. lol

Old 06-28-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
It is nice. It is all a matter of personal preference. What ever point Ann Coulter was trying to make, she fails big time.
You are correct. Hell its the sweet sixteen in the world cup and she tries to play crap off it. I root for the boys no matter when they wear our colors. I don't care if it's soccer or what have you. I was around 12 when the hockey team won the gold. Man that was amazing and still is. Not a hockey fan at all either but when the USA is in the mix I pull for em all out.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ann Coulter likes to poke lefties. In her latest poke she says soccer is un-American, doesn't reward individualism, and is not a real 'sport'.
"No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time."

Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay
I bet what she considers a sport will be turning left for 3-5 hours while hoping one doesn't run out of gas, it doesn't rain, or someone doesn't turn right.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,348 times
Xenophobia to the MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Funny as my girl is a helluva tennis player. Tennis is so boring but there are scholarships out there. Not full but anything helps.
Girls are different. Scholarship rules are set by the NCAA. Girls soccer for instance has more scholarship money allowed then Mens soccer. D1A Football programs are allowed to offer up to 85 players full scholarships. D1 Baseball for example is allowed to offer a total monetary value of 12 full scholarships but can divide it up to 28 players. So for the most part the number of College Baseball players awarded a full ride is just about 0 with very few exceptions. Many do not even get a half scholarship. On the other hand coaches can find scholarship and money from other sources to aid student athletes as well.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:11 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Default Obamamites

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I thought we had heard the last from this imbicile.
You spelled imbecile wrong.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:16 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Default next best thing to a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
mAnn Coulter is the type to pop balloons at a kids party to get attention.
If you knew anything about American kids, you would know that they love to do that!

Real boys and tomboys do it to make the little liberal sissies cry.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:27 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It IS boring.

I used to say if I wanted to watch someone spit and fiddle with their nuts I would watch my husband......then he stopped chewing tobacco.
All sports are boring unless you are into them.

Soccer is no more boring than ice hockey or football to some one disinterested in those sports. To someone who enjoys the fast pace action of soccer and does not like the stop and start action of football or baseball, nothing would be more boring than those sports.

If a particular sport gets you going and your interest, that is the sport for you and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
If you knew anything about American kids, you would know that they love to do that!

Real boys and tomboys do it to make the little liberal sissies cry.

What "crying", there are people actually upset over her words? Doubtful.

And what is your point, that she's a real boy, or a tomboy? I thought she was supposed to be a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies