Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That was then, this is now. This is what happens when a corrupt president puts corrupt people into the bureaucracy, we get systemic levels of government corruption.
That's worth noting. You don't have that today. No one, let alone the.media, is standing up to Obama from his own party. None of them are demanding answers and holding him accountable. He said not a smidgen of corruption, but that was bs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 03:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
My friend who is more religious than political, and neither R nor D, but very well informed commented to me "it's amazing how corrupt the Democratic party has become." The two party system has worked well for the past 100 years or so. Democrats really need to get a handle on the institutional corruption lest the whole thing implodes.
Usually my non-political friends comment on how utterly insane the GOP has become. Funny that.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Usually my non-political friends comment on how utterly insane the GOP has become. Funny that.
And even they have changed their minds.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That's worth noting. You don't have that today. No one, let alone the.media, is standing up to Obama from his own party. None of them are demanding answers and holding him accountable. He said not a smidgen of corruption, but that was bs.
They don't want to be perceived as racist, even if Harry Reid likes the fact that Obama "has no Negro dialect, unless he wants to have one."

You'll never see a Democrat attempt to hold BarackO The Whackoâ„¢ accountable for anything. It won't ever happen.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
That was back when the majority of those living on American soil, were actually proud to be Americans.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:10 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

You make extremely valid points. If no one person is going to set standards that each President has to abide by, but ok for one to break rules. What the hell good is this.

It is almost as if the media, and members from Obama's own party, have let him loose on us. The media for the most part, never has demanded answers meaningful answers with facts to back them up. If anything they ask him the most stupid of questions usually pertaining to not a damn thing of importance.

A dictator is someone who with power, changes the rules of the law to suit his own needs, and sees to it that his agenda has been filled. A dictator dictates at a cost to others, and can care less about consequences. A dictator will trample on anyone who gets in his way, and put down those who don't agree with his message.

Sounds like Obama to me.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:41 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That was back when the majority of those living on American soil, were actually proud to be Americans.
I remember those days.

But I'm really old.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
my non political friends think the government is corrupt. People I know who voted for Obama hang their head when asked why?

Met a girl who said she voted for Obama because she thought he was cute. Another said, she didn't know why, she just liked him. I guess she thought he was a comedian so she voted for him.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:06 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
my non political friends think the government is corrupt. People I know who voted for Obama hang their head when asked why?

Met a girl who said she voted for Obama because she thought he was cute. Another said, she didn't know why, she just liked him. I guess she thought he was a comedian so she voted for him.
Friends and some family members of mine who did vote for Obama, know they made a mistake, a huge mistake at the cost to all Americans.

They are truthful in the facts, that they fell wayside by the media frenzy, and all the media had to say about this first Black President. Yes in the beginning they believed his message. They truly wanted to believe in him, in everything he said and did.
I cannot get upset with them for this it is good to want to believe in something good, someone decent, someone truthful, and someone who believed in being fair to one and all.

But it did not take them long, to soon realize that what was promised on the outside, did not match with Obama's inside, for Obama was soon going to make changes for the worse. Things he believed for a very long time, he would soon come to change rules of the law, to suit his own agenda.

And if you dare cross his path, or disagree with his message, there would be hell to pay. These are only some of the reasons, and his games of blame. They soon got tired of hearing.

The IRS, Benghazi, and our now marine jailed in Mexico, without any help from this President, are only some of the reasons why, they lost faith and belief in this President. And they never saw Hope with him or any good Change.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why don't the honest and honorable democrats come out against the corruption? I'm waiting but all I hear are crickets.

There is no reason why patriotic democrats, republicans and independents cannot come out against the corruption and crony capitalism that is robbing our children, and harming the country. We may differ on whether the federal government should administer welfare or if the states should, but at least help take our country back from the selfish, corrupt, money grubbing, corporatist sellouts that are running government today.
Well put, and you just reminded me of something from another thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/35164113-post3.html

I think the lack of criticism of Pres. Obama from the left teases out an answer to a question that has long bugged me. The overwhelming majority of Democrats and lefties are either dishonest rent-seekers or useful idiots. Otherwise you would see more criticism of Pres. Obama from the left. You see a tiny handful of critics like Pat Caddell, Nat Hentoff, Ralph Nader, Glenn Greenwald,etc.

No doubt that there is corruption and rent-seeking on the R side too. One of my favorite congress critters in the 1990's was Billy Tauzin of LA (the 'ragin Cajun'). He retired from the US House to take a 7 figure/yr job as a lobbyist for big pharma, and helped to get Medicare part D passed (which conservative economist Bruce Bartlett called the worst legislation in history).

But it's noteworthy too that even Tim Russert said that conservative criticism of W Bush was ubiquitous. Liberal criticism of Obama is close to non-existent. I think that speaks volumes about the difference between the conservative and liberal movements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies