Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:33 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If you deny that the press is dominated by conservatives than answer this. Going solely by what you heard from Fox and the rest of the mainstream media which 2012 candidate was totally open and released everything he was supposed to and which candidate was holding back and so must have had something to hide? If your first answer was Romney, who didn't release a birth certificate or anything else except for one year's tax return, a tax return he filled out while he was a Presidential candidate, and if your answer to the second is Barack Obama, who released a birth certificate and 12 years of tax return then you're correct
Ummm...I don't watch Fox News every day. In fact, I rarely watch it. If I do watch the news, it's the local lamestream media.

And you think that Obama is so transparent? Then why when his SSN was run through E-verify, it came back as a no-match?

Besides, what does this have to do with the lamestream media being biased to the left?

For those who ask me to prove the lamestream media is biased, do your own research. Try reading newspapers like the NYT and WaPo and do so with an open mind. Take the time to question what was written then go online and compare to other news sources.

At one time the Media was more balanced. Sad to say that this is no longer the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I don't know if the media asked for Romney's college records or not, but did Obama release his college records? If not, that may be the reason?
No, that is not the reason. Romney didn't release his college records so why should Obama. And with people making a big deal about Obama's college records and how he must be hiding something why the hell didn't the media ask the obvious question?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ummm...I don't watch Fox News every day. In fact, I rarely watch it. If I do watch the news, it's the local lamestream media.

And you think that Obama is so transparent? Then why when his SSN was run through E-verify, it came back as a no-match?

Besides, what does this have to do with the lamestream media being biased to the left?

For those who ask me to prove the lamestream media is biased, do your own research. Try reading newspapers like the NYT and WaPo and do so with an open mind. Take the time to question what was written then go online and compare to other news sources.

At one time the Media was more balanced. Sad to say that this is no longer the case
How did you get Obama's SS number?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I didn't say you watched Fox News and my question was about the mainstream media not just Fox

Old 06-28-2014, 12:04 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
No, that is not the reason. Romney didn't release his college records so why should Obama. And with people making a big deal about Obama's college records and how he must be hiding something why the hell didn't the media ask the obvious question?
The media did all it could to sweep under the rug anything negative about Obama. Why would they then ask Romney for college records and open the subject of college records up for discussion?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
No presidential candidate has *ever* been asked for his transcripts...because most people don't really care.

But the Right was demanding Obama's at every turn.

Has anyone ever bothered to run any other candidates' SSN#? Or demand a birth certificate?

Why do you suppose they are so obsessed with his?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
No presidential candidate has *ever* been asked for his transcripts...because most people don't really care.

But the Right was demanding Obama's at every turn.

Has anyone ever bothered to run any other candidates' SSN#? Or demand a birth certificate?

Why do you suppose they are so obsessed with his?
I don't know if that is true or not.

What I remember was the media constantly telling us what a genius Obama is. Maybe that is why some wanted to see his records? Also it was questioned if Obama, having lived outside the US, had applied as a foreign student.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:30 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
All you have to do is look at how our beloved mainstream media slandered Scott Walker last week as the target of a criminal investigation without a shred of evidence.

The Walker Smear Collapses « Commentary Magazine

Of course: Walker’s opponent launches attack ad on debunked ‘criminal scheme’ controversy « Hot Air.

Now this is what a fake scandal looks like.

Amen!

Let all take note.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:49 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
How did you get Obama's SS number?

Ummm...You're the one claiming that he is so transparent. Thus, I'm surprised that you are unaware that he released his supposed Selective Service registration form. His supposed SSN is listed on that.

Now, if you did your own research, you would have known this. See what I'm talking about? Just because it's not in the lamestream media it doesn't mean it didn't happen

Old 06-28-2014, 01:06 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
See, you could make that corporate argument with MSNBC, HuffPost, and now Washington post. But NYT owns itself as does the nation.
You can't just say that only the NYT and The Nation are not corporate owned. They are their own corporations, and they are fake left. You can see by the advertisements they display on their pages, those are companies which fund those outlets. It's not only about who the outright owners are, but who funnels money their way. The Nation runs ads for BigPharma, so don't expect them to run any stories contradicting questionable medical studies and the like, as one example. Katrina and her father both sit on the Council on Foreign Relations, an organization that promotes neoliberal economics. So, unless I missed it, and I doubt it, don't expect The Nation, or the NYT for that matter, to talk about the Trans-Pacific Partnership and be against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Right! I think you should change your name. It I's an oxymoron.
Just because you are so brainwashed into thinking everyone that isn't a fascist neo-Confederate is a communist out to get, doesn't mean I'm not. You are so far right, Mussolini is waving you hello to come have a seat with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Supporting data, or is this just your opinion?
How to Debunk the "Liberal Media" Myth

The Myth of the Liberal Media: The Propaganda Model of News - YouTube

Quote:
As I said before, the "liberal mainstream media" softballs every single presidential candidate that is vetted by Wall St., and Romney was vetted by Wall St. in 2012. Watch MSNBC be soft on Hillary Clinton in the run up to 2016 and tough on all the other candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies