Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:47 AM

70 posts, read 96,260 times

Advertisements

"Rich guy to other rich guys: the pitchforks are coming"

Thanks for watching and see you next time on "Rich People Problems"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,922 times
We don't have a capitalist system.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:26 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I will be the one in the crowd brokering pitchforks
I bet the CEOs of the pitchfork companies are licking their chops.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Most people are obsessed with "income inequality." Why does it matter to you what other people are earning? Are you living in a cardboard box with your stomach growling, or what? Personally, I couldn't possibly care less what other people make. Why should I? I have my own life to live.
I addressed this. I don't care what others make except when they are taking it from me.

Quote:
I think the problem is that the vast majority of people in this country are covetous gluttons. It shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone, though; a society with one class--the leisure class--has little more to do than squabble about wealth... when 99% of them is wealthy beyond what could ever have been dreamed of in general society of any other time or place. Even many welfare recipients are. The reality is that our entire society is exactly what most of you think the "one percenters" are. You're all wealthy. And spoiled. And if you had growling stomachs, at least you'd have something to moan about.
Could we perhaps describe a "covetous glutton" as a class of people who screwed up, lost some of their wealth and went crying to the government to take actions to see that they get it all back and more?

The exploitation by the bankers has been really a disaster. They have been their own worst enemy and in the end, they have become the symbol that inspires class warfare if not revolution. They are not the representatives of those who produce jobs. They are merely those who wanted to trade with other people’s money for free. When they win, it is their’s, but any losses are passed to the taxpayers. Bankers should be bankers – not hedge fund managers who keep 100% of the profits using other people’s savings.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ont-end-pretty

This is not going to end pretty. The question is when does society wake up? Just how high will this price be that we have to pay? They will blame the rich and the idiots will cheer – get them. What will happen when there is no more wealth to hunt? We end up with a communist state by default – no wealth, just career politicians who blame everyone but themselves.

Last edited by pknopp; 06-29-2014 at 05:50 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I bet the CEOs of the pitchfork companies are licking their chops.

The imbecilic pitch fork crowd which I will not be part of will be carrying pitchforks made in China and those who think they can compete are delusional. As another poster stated I will be part of crowd putting down the pitch fork crowd if they come anywhere near the farmers and people in my area. A pitch fork is no match for a AR15 and I could use some target practice.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I addressed this. I don't care what others make except when they are taking it from me.

Could we perhaps describe a "covetous glutton" as a class of people who screwed up, lost some of their wealth and went crying to the government to take actions to see that they get it all back and more?

The exploitation by the bankers has been really a disaster. They have been their own worst enemy and in the end, they have become the symbol that inspires class warfare if not revolution. They are not the representatives of those who produce jobs. They are merely those who wanted to trade with other people’s money for free. When they win, it is their’s, but any losses are passed to the taxpayers. Bankers should be bankers – not hedge fund managers who keep 100% of the profits using other people’s savings.

Martin Armstrong Warns Civil Unrest Is Rising Everywhere: "This Won't End Pretty" | Zero Hedge

This is not going to end pretty. The question is when does society wake up? Just how high will this price be that we have to pay? They will blame the rich and the idiots will cheer – get them. What will happen when there is no more wealth to hunt? We end up with a communist state by default – no wealth, just career politicians who blame everyone but themselves.
That is a good point but the very ignorant pitch fork crowd voted for the same leaders that made it possible for the bankers to keep the profits and pass loses to the tax payers. That is why I would never join them is most of their problems are self inflicted.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is a good point but the very ignorant pitch fork crowd voted for the same leaders that made it possible for the bankers to keep the profits and pass loses to the tax payers.
I agree completely.

Quote:
That is why I would never join them is most of their problems are self inflicted.
That they refuse to own up to this is why things will only get worse.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Most people are obsessed with "income inequality." Why does it matter to you what other people are earning? Are you living in a cardboard box with your stomach growling, or what? Personally, I couldn't possibly care less what other people make. Why should I? I have my own life to live.

I think the problem is that the vast majority of people in this country are covetous gluttons. It shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone, though; a society with one class--the leisure class--has little more to do than squabble about wealth... when 99% of them is wealthy beyond what could ever have been dreamed of in general society of any other time or place. Even many welfare recipients are. The reality is that our entire society is exactly what most of you think the "one percenters" are. You're all wealthy. And spoiled. And if you had growling stomachs, at least you'd have something to moan about.
excellent. The sniveling poor do not know how good they have it. I have a idea for a new reality show where we take a family of poor from our country and exchange them for a family in a 3rd world country. Then they would have something to cry about when trying survive on a buck a day, that show would be a classic

Old 06-29-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:

excellent. The sniveling poor do not know how good they have it. I have a idea for a new reality show where we take a family of poor from our country and exchange them for a family in a 3rd world country. Then they would have something to cry about when trying survive on a buck a day, that show would be a classic
maybe we can also exchange the bankers for ones in an Asian country where they would have been expected to off themselves for what they did?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:23 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
That is a good point but the very ignorant pitch fork crowd voted for the same leaders that made it possible for the bankers to keep the profits and pass loses to the tax payers. That is why I would never join them is most of their problems are self inflicted.
Yes, that ignorant pitchfork crowd is likely to take to the streets screaming for more tax cuts for billionaires. It's like the French Revolution in reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies