Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As I said dogs don't think like people, people "should" know how to rationalize attacking something, animals do not do this.......dogs either submit or attack in a situation like the one presented.

Dogs make decisions most humans don't understand, they end up getting shot or abused, including by people who think they know dogs.

I have lifetime of experience with dogs and I enjoy my dogs being dogs and NOT human like.
You and I will just have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying dogs think and interact the same way humans do either, but they are far from lifeless drones who act in a way that is pre-destined by the make up of their DNA. That is how you seem to be describing them, and that is flat wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
killing animals is not murder.
killing babies with your pet pit bull is murder.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 PM

13,304 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Then I guess "murder" is "relative".

Wrongful killing of a person's property is murder of the property of a person.

Life, is a property of a person.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:00 PM

13,304 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
There are written laws, and there are natural laws.

Which do you think came first?

The Ten Commandments were written for morons, who couldn't figure things out from mere observation.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Yes I would be upset, but I would not act like a disrespectful whiny idiot. The man should have calmly asked what happened, and then asked for the officers name. Then he should have went to the police station and talked to high ranking police officers. And if that did not work he should have talked to the police chief.

Police officers are here to enforce our laws and keep our families safe. And I honestly can't see how anyone could believe that kind of disrespect to our law enforcement officers is acceptable.

Like some talcum powder?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:55 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Well, that's your opinion I guess. I have been of the opinion for a long time now that the laws should be changed so that the punishment for willful neglect, mistreatment, or abuse of any animal should be the same as if those same actions were done to a child.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think the cop was 100% in the wrong for entering someone's private property without their permission and not taking the proper precautions prior to entering and shooting the dog. He should be fired. However, I strongly disagree with punishing the family. They didn't enter their neighbor's yard and they didn't shoot the dog. Their child sounds like he is non-verbal and doesn't respond to his name. If they couldn't find him in their home, I can't fault them for calling the police and I see no reason whatsoever for getting child protective services involved or publishing their address. They are not even partly to blame for the dog's death.
The psychotic coward of a COP unnecessarily killed a member of that man's family. Maybe the COP will think twice before arbitrarily killing the family of some other innocent individual without cause if everything they love is ripped from them and destroyed.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-01-2014 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: no, don't involve the family of the cop

Old 07-01-2014, 05:10 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
- Every day we are subject to something which is not in anyway planned, deserved or wanted .

- Living in a healthy enjoyable environment with youngsters , pets, bicycles and lively things in a good spot where everyone reasonably gets along is the best life can offer, and is not always available to everyone.

- Youngsters are adventurous, little guys and growing boys 7-12 can and will get into mischief from time to time,

from scoring a chocolate bar to cutting through backyards for convenience to contests amongst themselves for something to do, who can hop over Mr Blues fence the fastest and on and on in the creative adventurous mind of the kid.

- If a good contributing neighbor & dog owner , came home from work to understand the dog in the backyard severely injured a youngster it would be an infinitely dreaded understanding.

- In this story above DID NOT happen, to take on a disposition makes no sense.

- Its not a matter of what if, its a matter of fact, of what is introduced, trained and brought into a family neighborhood with youngsters around.

Outstanding & common sense post, not at all biased and logical....thank you

Creme

Old 07-01-2014, 05:38 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You don't know the whole story here, there are 2 sides to every story, I'm sorry this dog is dead, but again, I state, if it were me and the dog was attacking me, I'd kill the dog to.

My son is a cop and he isn't like this, and NOT ALL COPS are wrong or bad....period. This whole thing is really sad, that human beings turn on each other like this...
Here's the thing though. Cops get a lot of hate, a lot. But - they bring it upon themselves! They act with impunity, and lives are lost because of it. Human lives, pet lives. Due to their extreme lack of judgement and common sense, people have woken up to the fact that cops are dangerous. Just one of them having a bad day or exercising bad judgement can mean your life will be forever altered should your paths cross.

The tide has turned. Cops aren't the boys in blue we respected in days past. Everyone and everything is fair game to them. They are militarized, and in fact are often former battle-hardened troops themselves (a huge mistake imo). The cops investigate themselves, protect their own, won't cross the blue line, and so on. They are the largest organized crime gang in the U.S. Why do I say those things? Because of the enormous mountain of stories that illustrates those very things, due to their own actions. They did this to themselves, and have only themselves to blame.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:54 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Here's some dog sites that better explain human vs animal emotion....
Explained by someone with no education in animal behavior who firmly endorses Cesar Millan who is widely criticized by virtually all professionals in animal behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies