Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM

25,680 posts, read 18,764,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Can we fire John Boehner???
Sure you can. There is this thing called an election. You can "fire" any elected official you like. But my guess is you won't. You'll keep voting them in and bellyaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Represent the American people? He doesn't even come close, if he did the Republicans would go insane.

Really What folks are saying is "He isn't representing my minority viewpoint, fire him!"
Now, come on, he's trying! Didn't you hear? He's gonna bring a lawsuit against Obama! He has no clue yet what the charges will be or what court of law he'll take it to, but he's gonna do it, damn it! All you naysaying RWNJs will see then!

Boehner has the unenviable task of trying to placate a group of toddlers who throw a tantrum whenever they don't get everything 100% their way, 100% of the time. And he's definitely not up to the task of standing up to them. He's a coward. But so long as he gets to be Speaker of the House, he seems perfectly able to live with his cowardice.

I suspect when the story is written about how the Tea Party destroyed the GOP, Boehner will have a chapter all his own.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,932,080 times
Living in the area I do during primary season Boehner and McConnell were buying a lot of ads on the area talk radio stations (WHIO-AM & WKRC-AM) I hope the fact that they were challenged in the primaries will make them try to do a better job or someday wind up like Eric Cantor.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:17 PM

58,944 posts, read 27,254,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Ted Kennedy could hold his liquor. Poor old Virginia Slims smoking/Singapore Sling drinking Boner tucks a hanky up his sleeve because he cries like a girl. I mean, he's a spectacle.
I have friends who live in Hyannis and they say otherwise.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The entire Kennedy clan had problems with addictions of one kind of another. Ted Kennedy also came to manhood in a time when the '3-martini lunch' was so well-known that it became a cliche. Kennedy battled with his demons and his alcoholism.

I don't know whether Boehner actually drinks too much or if it's just a misperception...but I don't think it ought to be a cheap point scored in a political debate on either side.

Dragging a dead man into it is low too.
"Dragging a dead man into it is low too"

I see no difference then the cheap shots you and others throw out about people who are NOT on here to defend themselves.

With all the trash you throw out!

Old 06-29-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Ted Kennedy made a terrible mistake, a horrible mistake, but he had a very successful run in the US Senate. Boner, OTOH, can't get any meaningful legislation through his nutty caucus. Kennedy could work with Republicans, when they were semi-sane; Boner? His caucus is so dysfunctional that I think his major legislative accomplishment was getting a courthouse named after Reagan. Big difference between the two.
And how many bills has the House PASSED ONLY TO BE THROWN IN THE TRASH BY REID?

You are whining about the wrong person.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:22 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,373 times
But, but... if we fire him, who will lead the relentless crusade to mislead the American people, defame and vilify The President, while doing absolutely nothing better??

Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,349,227 times
Quote:
Ted Kennedy could hold his liquor. Poor old Virginia Slims smoking/Singapore Sling drinking Boner tucks a hanky up his sleeve because he cries like a girl. I mean, he's a spectacle.

archived, as an archetypical example of present day Democrat political analysis. No facts, no logic...just a self-indulgent outburst of name-calling.

Again let's take a look at some facts. Spending had skyrocketed under Obama-Reid-Pelosi. Boehner became the new sheriff in town in 2011. The DC profligacy was stanched. By 2012 and 2013 spending actually went down, for the first and second times since 1956.
Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

Pres. Obama was dragged kicking and screaming all the way continuously demanding that increased 'revenue' was the solution rather than getting the spending addiction under control. Read Bob Woodward's book The Price of Politics. Boehner even performed a bit of brilliant political jiu jitsu in using the sequester, an idea that came out of the white house. These minor spending cuts were supposed to be soooo painful that nobody would let them happen. Boehner smiled and let them take effect,

Old 06-29-2014, 05:02 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,986,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Kennedy was a career politician in a time where career politicians did a lot of damage to this country. I do not see that as deserving any respect, alive or dead. I see it as a time for dancing on their graves.

Do you include as carrer politicians, Barry Goldwater, Willian H. Taft Jr, George H. W. Bush and his son, Everret Dirksen, Gerald R. Ford, Strom Thurmond, Thomas E. Dewey, William Scranton, Nelson Rockefellerand Robert Dole?

Old 06-29-2014, 05:29 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,337 times
The American people fired him in 2012 when they gave Democratic House candidates a few million more votes than Republican House candidates. However due to Republican gerrymandering they kept the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies