Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:20 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,633,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Everyone uses the same tax codes.

It is the TYPE of income that makes a difference.

Buffet's income is from money that has been taxed when it was earned.

I am not going to try and explain this to you.

If you want to believe something so stupid......enjoy yourself.
CEO's pay federal taxes on their personnel income by capital gains tax rates, and that tax rate is 15%. Obama tried to pass the "Buffet Rule" that would give rich CEO's higher tax rates, but republicans in congress blocked him.

Republicans say CEO's use their low tax rates to create jobs, but that's BS. New high demand products and services create new jobs, and CEO's/corporations use their extra money to build new US factories in Asia.

If you would like we can use CEO Mitt Romney to test the job creation theory. I can show that Romney uses his tax cuts to buy mansions, vacation homes, private jets, and expand his car collection, ex.ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 08:34 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,209,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
CEO's pay federal taxes on their personnel income by capital gains tax rates, and that tax rate is 15%. Obama tried to pass the "Buffet Rule" that would give rich CEO's higher tax rates, but republicans in congress blocked him.

Republicans say CEO's use their low tax rates to create jobs, but that's BS. New high demand products and services create new jobs, and CEO's/corporations use their extra money to build new US factories in Asia.

If you would like we can use CEO Mitt Romney to test the job creation theory. I can show that Romney uses his tax cuts to buy mansions, vacation homes, private jets, and expand his car collection, ex.ex.
Isn't what Romney buys HIS business???

What I buy is MY business.

We all use the SAME tax codes.......the type of income is what changes.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,037,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
You guys really don't know how much time and resources are wasted on a daily basis at *any* place of employment? Or that even Microsoft and Apple have issues with website and software roll-outs on time and without bugs?

It's not the President who 'doesn't get it' on this issue.
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the same liberal mindset that made possible the "You Didn't Build That" President.

Two peas in a pod without an ounce of understanding of the intricacies (or even the basic fundamentals) of running a business.

It would be funny if it weren't so darn sad.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Uh, Fance, I hate to break the bad news to you.......but my company didn't spend 3 years and $700+ millions of dollars on building a nationwide website that didn't work. My company didn't make $72 billion in improper payments in 2008. My company doesn't spend $25 billion on unused or vacant federal properties. My company didn't spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.

But your government did.

50 Examples of Government Waste

BarackO The Whackoâ„¢ proves once again just out of touch he is. The sheer amount of government waste -- and outright fraud -- would bankrupt a typical company. But when you're spending taxpayer money, there's no reason to have any accountability. Yes, there is waste in the private sector, but the nice thing is that if the company doesn't fix the waste, the free market will eventually eliminate the company.

It's a shame we can't do that with our own government.
Good for you.

Problem is -- and this is the core issue with the subject -- government doesn't equal business nor business government.

They run on different lines for different purposes.

And plenty of companies have run for years in the red -- only it's called re-organization, re-financing and chapter 11 protections. Look at how many times Donald Trump for instance has gone bankrupt only to reappear again and again. 4 or 5 times now.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the same liberal mindset that made possible the "You Didn't Build That" President.

Two peas in a pod without an ounce of understanding of the intricacies (or even the basic fundamentals) of running a business.

Can you make a point without being insulting...or indeed, at all?

Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Isn't what Romney buys HIS business???

What I buy is MY business.

We all use the SAME tax codes.......the type of income is what changes.
Republicans say their supply side tax cuts are intended to create jobs, but CEO's like Romney use their tax cuts to buy vacation homes, private jets, and large car collections. Its just as wrong as someone collecting money in the name of feeding hungry children, and then using the money to buy a new car.

And we do not use the same tax code, rich CEO's pay taxes on their personnel income by capital gains at 15% rates, and non-CEO's pay taxes by federal tax brackets.

Republicans claim to respect wealth and hard work, but that's a huge lie. My cousin is a doctor and a businessman. He worked damn hard and sacrificed much to earn his $1,000,000 per year. And he saves peoples lives and he creates jobs.

But my non-CEO cousin has a 35% federal tax rate on his personal income.
Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2014

While billionaire CEO's like Warren Buffet have 11% federal tax rates on their personal income.
Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes

And my cousin creates jobs in America, while CEO's create jobs in Asia when they build their US factories there.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:18 PM

45,000 posts, read 26,154,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans say their supply side tax cuts are intended to create jobs, but CEO's like Romney use their tax cuts to buy vacation homes, private jets, and large car collections. Its just as wrong as someone collecting money in the name of feeding hungry children, and then using the money to buy a new car.

And we do not use the same tax code, rich CEO's pay taxes on their personnel income by capital gains at 15% rates, and non-CEO's pay taxes by federal tax brackets.

Republicans claim to respect wealth and hard work, but that's a huge lie. My cousin is a doctor and a businessman. He worked damn hard and sacrificed much to earn his $1,000,000 per year. And he saves peoples lives and he creates jobs.

But my non-CEO cousin has a 35% federal tax rate on his personal income.
Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2014

While billionaire CEO's like Warren Buffet have 11% federal tax rates on their personal income.
Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes

And my cousin creates jobs in America, while CEO's create jobs in Asia when they build their US factories there.
Romneys purchases don't create jobs? Although Id never vote for him, Id rather Romney and others like him spend money on what they want rather than have the state have it to spend on purchasing votes.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:20 PM

The 'tax holidays' that have been offered to companies on more than one occasion were intended to increased R&D or to make improvements to infrastructure or other things with some value to society. In almost every case, the savings went to increased executive salaries and other perks.

Corporations really don't care about the public.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:23 PM

45,000 posts, read 26,154,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The 'tax holidays' that have been offered to companies on more than one occasion were intended to increased R&D or to make improvements to infrastructure or other things with some value to society. In almost every case, the savings went to increased executive salaries and other perks.

Corporations really don't care about the public.
If they are going to offer a product the public wants in order to stay in business, they absolutely do care about the public.
The government on the other hand...

Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate and deficits in 1/2.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Obama has slowed government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

And republicans claim to want government to not create jobs, not manage people, and not make products. Why does a president need experience in business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies