Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What complete total and utter BS. This worthless teacher is complaining to the powers that be, over her screwed up behavior, and they are screwing this officer over. There are plenty of instances when police abuse their authority and power. This isn't one of them.

Worse, the ASU Police should be ashamed of themselves for not having a pair and refusing to put this officer on leave. However, it is a paid administrative and the officer will be back to duty. He is getting a paid vacation and I sure as hell hope he sues this worthless "professor" for her behavior toward him.

This political correctness BS is getting out of hand.
It's over. The cop will be lucky if he doesn't get prosecuted. The ASU police dep't. will be forced to hire more minorities and be under DOINjustice review for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 06:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL it's usually one of the two. Sociology or Gender/Race Studies.

Cutting edge research this one.

Quote:
Contemproary Rhetorical Theory, Race Critical Theory, Rhetorics of Race & Culture, Composition, Visual and Material Culture Studies
I bet even with this light subject matter she doesn't produce much.
Oh please. You don't even know what half of those terms mean.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh please. You don't even know what half of those terms mean.
I actually don't. I only heard of critical race theory since I started using Twitter. Lots of social justice loons on there, lol.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I actually don't. I only heard of critical race theory since I started using Twitter. Lots of social justice loons on there, lol.
What they all come down to is, find anything and everything you can in writing, TV, film, media, etc., and show why it's racist.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are there jaywalking rules or laws or not?

As a "professor" who is supposed to be smarter then her students, she SHOULD know what the rules/laws are.
Land of the free??

We got a Red Coat here folks.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe he can take some time to brush up on the law while on leave.
How about we do this? You won't of course, however, I'll pay YOU 5,000 dollars cash. US MONEY if this officer is fired and what he did was held as wrong.

If I am right? You stand on the street corner, naked, with a sign saying you are a "stupid liberal."

There is the challenge. Take me up on it. You won't.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
From the link in the OP:

This reminds me of The Beer Summit where a self important moonbat didn't like being lawfully questioned and detained by the police. Just like Gates, if she had complied with lawful orders from the police this would never have happened. I wonder if Obama will manage to make this one into a nationally publicized incident as well......
The police always harass black folk...

Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Prima facie case of an idiot behaving like an idiot.
You're right. She is and was.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
How about we do this? You won't of course, however, I'll pay YOU 5,000 dollars cash. US MONEY if this officer is fired and what he did was held as wrong.

If I am right? You stand on the street corner, naked, with a sign saying you are a "stupid liberal."

Lol....I always get a kick out of peoples stereotypes of others. Since I believe this officer got carried away with a jaywalking charge I'm a liberal.

What am I when I argue for a balanced budget?

This is the problem. People take positions based upon what their initial perceptions are of what position they should take based upon how they have labeled themselves.

Just like others in this thread you are unable to understand that none of this is about me. When the topic took a turn you didn't like your reaction is to attack me.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:

I'd like to take your challenge, but it would be cruel and unusual punishment for innocent bystanders to see me naked if I lose the bet. How about the loser simply says to the winner, You were and always are right, O Wise One' ?

I think the cop will be fired, or at least suspended and sent to special diversity/sensitivity classes, whether or not what he did was wrong. The social forces at play are too powerful for one measly cop to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies