Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM

864 posts, read 799,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Others have noted she did. Again though that isn't the real issue. There we're extenuating circumstances. I don't think many officers write tickets to someone speeding when they have a woman in the back seat delivering a baby.

Her way was blocked. Understand that and help her safely around it.
I'm sure most officers would do so to someone who isn't acting belligerent and suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Others have noted she did. Again though that isn't the real issue. There we're extenuating circumstances. I don't think many officers write tickets to someone speeding when they have a woman in the back seat delivering a baby.

Great. Show the police your ID when they stop you for jaywalking, if they write you a ticket, go to court and present these extenuating circumstances to the judge, hopefully get the ticket thrown out......or in other words, act like an adult not an oversized baby throwing a hissy fit.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Yup. I got a ticket from a police office for not having registration tags on my plates. I said "Okay officer, do you see the temp registration on my windshield?"

He looks, and says: "I can't visually see any identifying info about your car, it looks faded. Sorry can't do anything about it."

Instead of acting like a kid, and throwing a tantrum. I scanned my temp registration, did a write in appeal, and literally 8 days later the ticket was thrown out and I got a short apology letter (probably pre-canned but still felt good).

Guess what? No need for me to get thrown on the pavement, no need for Jesse Jackson and the ACLU. Funny how that works.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Yup. I got a ticket from a police office for not having registration tags on my plates. I said "Okay officer, do you see the temp registration on my windshield?"

He looks, and says: "I can't visually see any identifying info about your car, it looks faded. Sorry can't do anything about it."

Instead of acting like a kid, and throwing a tantrum. I scanned my temp registration, did a write in appeal, and literally 8 days later the ticket was thrown out and I got a short apology letter (probably pre-canned but still felt good).

Guess what? No need for me to get thrown on the pavement, no need for Jesse Jackson and the ACLU. Funny how that works.
Odd that you can't discuss this without interjecting things that aren't a part of it.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Jaywalking? Come on man. Don't these cops have anything better to do?

Waste of time and taxpayer dollars.
People get run over and killed all the time jaywalking. Don't you think? My God, trying to protect some moron from hurting itself and you get grief and BS in return?

Ease up on your medication

Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
People get run over and killed all the time jaywalking. Don't you think? My God, trying to protect some moron from hurting itself and you get grief and BS in return?

Ease up on your medication
That cop saved her life!

Good thing he was alert.

The world needs more lerts.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Odd that you can't discuss this without interjecting things that aren't a part of it.
Odd that you can't identify when this woman actually identified herself on the video.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Nothing in the raws suggests she identified herself. You can get the full audio of the stop here.

Raw video: ASU professor arrested after struggle with police | azfamily.com Phoenix
It's not the full audio first of all. There is a lot of conversation that goes on before this starts.

“Let me see your ID or you will be arrested for failing to provide ID,” Ferrin said.

That does NOT appear to be the law.

She says in the part that is recorded, " as a professor of........" which while not conclusive does suggest she told him already who she was.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Did you want her to leap in a single bound over the construction impeding her path on the sidewalk?
No. I wanted her to accept the citation from the police officer and take the issue to court, in front of a judge, like we all do. Whatever happened to her, SHE caused. The officer was more then accommodating with. Her, asking her numerous times, politely I might add, to comply with him and provide him with her identification. She argued and fought the entire way. He tried to arrest her calmly and with out using force. She pulled away from him and caused him to take her to the ground. It was completely done correctly. The only problem I have is the officer gave her way too many chance to comply.

You ask them to do it, tell them to do it, make them do it. That is Police Academy 101.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
It's not the full audio first of all. There is a lot of conversation that goes on before this starts.

“Let me see your ID or you will be arrested for failing to provide ID,” Ferrin said.

That does NOT appear to be the law.

She says in the part that is recorded, " as a professor of........" which while not conclusive does suggest she told him already who she was.
She only says the "as a professor" part after she's getting the arm barred to the ground.

Where does she actually identify herself you like CLAIMED before she's getting thrown to the pavement?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies