Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 07:38 AM

29,519 posts, read 19,612,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I just read that, rough weekend with small parts of Chicago. You would think that they would be able to do a big police crack down on those neighborhoods during this time of year when people get hot and tempers can get the best of an angry man with a gun.
Small parts of Chicago? Try most of the South and West sides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Despite the constant media battering Chicago gets, it's per capita (per 100,000 residents) crime rates are roughly the national average. NYC is actually well below the national average. But... facts don't mean anything.
You have huge areas in Chicago, the size of other cities, if they were separated from say the Northside (which is relatively safe) would have disturbing murder rates.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:41 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
"Have you ever asked WHY?"

Yes, and here's why:
In the poor black culture, there's no shame in having multiple children from multiple men, never getting married, not having a father figure around, dropping out of school, living on welfare, etc. etc.
The same stuff one can find among Appalachian Whites. In fact,

Hidden America - Children Of The Mountains (Documentary) - YouTube

This is common to the underclass of every race and ethnicity. In the Black population, the percentage of poor people is higher than in any other ethnicity.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:41 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Exactly. It's all about the agenda. Don't talk about guns! Talk about black people! Look! Over there! Chicago! (Which I believe is also a thinly-veiled racist dig at Obama.)
What a BS quote....

People have been complaining about chicago long before obama was ever in office..so take your race baiting crap some where eles...

When people like you stop throwing the race card around so easily.....maybe something can be done, until then, racist such as you are the problem.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
No idea huh......The following is an excerpt from The Color of Crime.

*Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
*When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
*Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
*The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.

Feel free to post more liberal biased lies. I have an entire folder with bookmarked factual articles just for cases like this.
And the reason for that is? Or do you assume skin color is the reason?

Old 07-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
White people commit plenty of crimes. But, when it comes to gun violence, a vast majority is black on black.
From a safety standpoint, where would you rather live, a white trash trailer park or the hood on the south side of Chicago?
Neither. Actually I would probably be better off in Southside Chicago seeing I wouldn't be involved in anything gang related. A white trash trailer park, you are a target just being there.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
"Have you ever asked WHY?"

Yes, and here's why:
In the poor black culture, there's no shame in having multiple children from multiple men, never getting married, not having a father figure around, dropping out of school, living on welfare, etc. etc.
And why is that? You are using the end results without looking at the reasoning for why things happen. Someone being black doesn't automatically make them a criminal.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Small parts of Chicago? Try most of the South and West sides...

You have huge areas in Chicago, the size of other cities, if they were separated from say the Northside (which is relatively safe) would have disturbing murder rates.

Yeah, small parts. I count two really bad neighborhoods and about 8 rough neighborhoods.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, small parts. I count two really bad neighborhoods and about 8 rough neighborhoods.
Define what you call "really bad" and "rough"? Is it by murder rate? How about number of shootings? Does this look like a small part of Chicago to you?

Trust me, I lived in Chicago for 36 years. I would NEVER move my family into most of the West and South side.

Just look here

Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com

Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
See this article:

The Urbanophile » Blog Archive » The Growing Public Safety Inequality Gap in Chicago by Daniel Hertz

Chicago's violent crime is very heavily concentrated in about half the city.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
See this article:

The Urbanophile » Blog Archive » The Growing Public Safety Inequality Gap in Chicago by Daniel Hertz

Chicago's violent crime is very heavily concentrated in about half the city.
About half of Chicago is unlivable. Another 20% I would reluctantly live if I had no other choice. Most of the Northside is nice (but expensive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies