Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,392,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The whole case was anti- birth control.

In fact, the decision is so anti-birth control that the court specifically in the majority decision said this ruling doesn't apply to ANY other medical treatment BUT birth control.

conservatives are pro plutocracy because they have twice labeled corporations as people.

They are pro plutocracy because they support huge tax cuts for wealthy people and corporations and are against the taxing of inheritances want to dramatically cut social security and Medicare.

All these policies positions are very unpopular with Americans, but very popular with the rich.

The rest of your post was nonsensical.
The pill is covered. Isn't that birth control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,764,220 times
Quote:
The whole case was anti- birth control.

In fact, the decision is so anti-birth control that the court specifically in the majority decision said this ruling doesn't apply to ANY other medical treatment BUT birth control.
Quote:
conservatives are pro plutocracy because they have twice labeled corporations as people.

They are pro plutocracy because they support huge tax cuts for wealthy people and corporations and are against the taxing of inheritances want to dramatically cut social security and Medicare.

All these policies positions are very unpopular with Americans, but very popular with the rich.

The rest of your post was nonsensical.
Again, lots of dishonesty in this post, but I get it. You don't want to give folks the opportunity to obtain wealth and give more jobs. Got it.

Since I've lived in one of the most affluent counties which leans left,I'm reminded of how people like you want to limit the opportunity for others and suppress the middle class with taxes and over-regulation. It must be nice to be a rich liberal.

Last edited by e30is; 06-30-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,919,405 times
Haven't read the decision yet, but it must be a good one to have our left wing extremists so fired up!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Haven't read the decision yet, but it must be a good one to have our left wing extremists so fired up!
Let me summarize: you can do whatever you want but you can't always make somebody else pay for it.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,919,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Let me summarize: you can do whatever you want but you can't always make somebody else pay for it.
That's quite different from the nonsense I'm seeing on my facebook feed. Based on the crap being shared on social media, one would think women were being forced to get abortions with a rusty coat hangar.

The left is composed of melodramatic crybabies.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:15 PM

"If you won’t give it to me, then I cannot have it. This is what a child might accurately say to his parents. However your employer is not your parent, and you are not a child."

I liked this analysis from another thread.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It is odd the Justice Ginsberg and the minority dissenting justices had problems with the majority decision *possibly* leading to employers/corporations opting out of this or that out of religious beliefs, but were perfectly happy this time last year to basically force states to accept SSM regardless of voter's beliefs, religious views and or state sovereignty.
That is not correct. They only struck down Section 3 of DOMA, which had to do with the federal government recognizing same-sex marriage in the states where it is legal. They did not strike down the part of DOMA that allows a state to not recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,265 times
I read on CNN that 16 types of birth control was being covered by Hobby Lobby- and 4 were not. Some IUD's and Plan B or some type of morning after pill type---not sure exactly.

I also read that the government is working out a plan to subsidize the employees who would be denied this. So bottom line is that if Hobby Lobby does not provide the coverage for those 4 types of treatments, then tax payers will be. So one way or the other, no matter what you believe, you will be paying for it instead of Hobby Lobby.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They can't demand that you not get treatment.
No, but they can severely impact my ability to be able to afford treatment.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,769,075 times
great ruling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies