Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
These are not only Mexicans, it's Asians also!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/23/us...ggle.html?_r=0

the authorities say, smugglers have increasingly capitalized on a much more lucrative business — trafficking Chinese citizens into the United States.

Asian Immigration To California Has Surpassed Latin-American Immigration (VIDEO)
California is facing the end of an era as Asian immigrants have begun to come to California faster than Latino immigrants.

Thanks for this. Actually the race does not matter, what matters, is those who come here illegally.

As a Country with the population we have, we cannot afford to let every TOM, DICK, AND HARRY into this Country. Think this is not costing us, think again.

Most of us, and some of you better freaking understand. We do not have a problem with immigrants, who want to become citizens of our Country, and work, and pay taxes, and have pride in being an American.

What we object too, and making myself clear, are law breakers, who have no respect for our laws at all, entering into our Country, and making demands. Most of you who do not object have your freaking nerve. This is an insult to all immigrants past and present, who have became citizens the right way.

Why your at it, since you have no objections to these illegals, and surely some are criminals, how many have you adopted? Taken in, fed, clothe, given a job too. How many!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And the left refuses to hold their own accountable for the very same things you just listed. Why doesn't Reid allow bills passed by the house to come up for vote?
Why does Obama lead with the my way or the highway attitude?
I detest the GOP and their hardliners, but from where I am sitting the left certainly has their fair share of the same.
Nah , the Democrats opening legislative moves are compromises. The ACA is a compromise, Liberals wanted at the very least a government option for buying insurance in the health care law. Elements of the ACA are republican ideas.

Cap and a Trade a compromise, liberals just wanted a straight up tax on carbon emissions. Cap and trade was a republican idea.

The stimulus was a compromise, a lot liberals wanted more direct spending. Instead the stimulus was made up if huge tax cuts used to be republican ideas.

The economically disastrous sequester was a compromise in which John Boehner said was he got 98% of what he wanted.

I could go on, but conservatives don't want to compromise.

President Obama and the Democrats in Congress were willing to cut Social Security, or Medicare to get a grand bargain on tax policy with conservatives and they flat out refused to give a Democrats anything.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM

15 posts, read 50,817 times
Meh I plan on becoming a nurse (male) and I will turn them in. If a gun was held to my head I would still do it then take the gun and shoot myself.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thanks for this. Actually the race does not matter, what matters, is those who come here illegally.

As a Country with the population we have, we cannot afford to let every TOM, DICK, AND HARRY into this Country. Think this is not costing us, think again.

Most of us, and some of you better freaking understand. We do not have a problem with immigrants, who want to become citizens of our Country, and work, and pay taxes, and have pride in being an American.

What we object too, and making myself clear, are law breakers, who have no respect for our laws at all, entering into our Country, and making demands. Most of you who do not object have your freaking nerve. This is an insult to all immigrants past and present, who have became citizens the right way.

Why your at it, since you have no objections to these illegals, and surely some are criminals, how many have you adopted? Taken in, fed, clothe, given a job too. How many!
No, it doesn't matter on anyone's race, I agree here..........

It does show who's disobeying our laws, when their laws don't allow this. Upon the lies told to these people, thinking they will get a welcome mat when they arrive..........guess it does happen some what, that's until the outbreak of diseases start in the southern states.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If they are not going to deport them I think they should all be sent to Knoxville, Tennessee and Des Moines, Iowa. My niece and my nephew's wife from these cities attacked me on Facebook about Obama. I wonder if the other citizens from these two places feel the same way they do. They think anything Obama does is O. K. because they didn't like what George Bush did. BTW they both are blond. LOL Maybe that explains it.
It doesn't take a lot of character for someone to leave a negative comment on a rep and not sign their name. Shows what kind of people support this administration. I will consider the source and ignore it; but that doesn't help your character development at all, does it?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 AM

671 posts, read 690,502 times
Please note, everyone, that Iamme73 CANNOT give anything but emotional rants of the past, or attack Republicans.

Hey, Iamme73, the SUBJECT IS ILLEGALS and the fact the media and our government is either stifling it, or skewing the news.

People don't want CRIMINALS, ILLEGALS, nor the problems, diseases, nor the costs they bring. Haven't you read about the other repercussions that were posted? Read the link to San Antonio's channel 5 news...

Why can't you comment, INTELLIGENTLY, on these facts, news, and statistics that have been presented?

Is it that difficult for you to understand this concept? Or are you just hell-bent on deflecting and throwing out conspiracy theories, emotional rants and attacks like other libs?

Why don't you show that you are different from them, and try to have an actual discussion about this? Again, READ the links that have been posted- they are from REPUTABLE researchers, and local news agencies who are directly dealing with the problem at the border.
We're trying to give you a chance here...why don't you meet the challenge, read the articles and posts, and contribute meaningfully?
If you are OK with a $9 trillion DEFICIT (cost) the current 11 million illegals will cost us (refer to the Heritage Foundation article I posted, let us know.)

But, for heaven's sake, have an INFORMED DISCUSSION. Here again, for your convenience:
Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

Scroll back a few pages/posts for the news link to San Antonio. BTW - I LIVED there, SAW this with my own eyes, and SAW for years, the attacks on OUR ranchers by the illegals, drug runners, and coyotes. IS THIS ALRIGHT WITH YOU???

C'mon...discuss this intelligently!!! And if you STILL disagree, POST your supporting sources!!!
-Dandiday

Last edited by DandiDay; 07-07-2014 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-07-2014, 07:28 AM

671 posts, read 690,502 times
Default A challenge to libs to discuss this problem rationally and without emotional attacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know what you mean, at times it does seem so pointless and meaningless. Because there are those who have made it their job to protect and cuddle Obama at every turn. I know you see some would like us to give up, but giving up the fight, means we are weak. And I know that many of us are not weak, just impatient.

We know many friends who voted for Obama, who are totally fed the hell up. They cannot understand for the life of them, the excuses by his naïve supporters. And feel his loyal supporters who put up with Lies, Deceit, Deception, and Blame, is old and useless to a solution. As is the lame azz in your pocket MEDIA.

Look Obama himself said he had an agenda, so most of us with a brain in our head, should not be surprise by Obama's actions. I know this both Democrat and Republician friends of ours, are fed up on this issue even some of our good Mexican Friends, do not want illegals invading this Country, these are people who take pride in being an American.
-Amen! I also have friends who likewise voted for him... they're now terribly embarrassed. The Emperor has no clothes on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
These are not only Mexicans, it's Asians also!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/23/us...ggle.html?_r=0

the authorities say, smugglers have increasingly capitalized on a much more lucrative business — trafficking Chinese citizens into the United States.

Asian Immigration To California Has Surpassed Latin-American Immigration (VIDEO)
California is facing the end of an era as Asian immigrants have begun to come to California faster than Latino immigrants.
-No matter what the race illegals are criminals. We must close our borders, and institute immediate reform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And the left refuses to hold their own accountable for the very same things you just listed. Why doesn't Reid allow bills passed by the house to come up for vote?
Why does Obama lead with the my way or the highway attitude?
I detest the GOP and their hardliners, but from where I am sitting the left certainly has their fair share of the same.
-Quite true. I'm so angry at Congress, and their spinelessness. Both sides are culpable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Where there is a high percentage of Hispanics, not surprised. Here in Dallas, we are expecting 2000 "refugees" by the end of the month. Dallas Morning News has had a few articles and opinion pieces that were very slanted toward the immigrants, mostly about how it is Dallas' proud moment, offers to volunteer pour in, etc. Articles had the usual pics of toddlers and little kids, or the pics of the judge who organized this surrounded by Latinos. Comment sections that were filled with angry responses to this decision to house these people were wiped clean or buried.

Today there is no article to be found at all, but we can read about Beatle Ringo Starr and what caused Steve Nash to leave the Mavs 10 years ago.

Simply shameful.
-Unbelievable. Where's the fair representation of the "other" side???? Oh, wait! Of course! this was discussed in a different thread where I posted several studies that showed there IS a left-wing bias to journalists and the news. Over 75% of journalists were liberal dems!!! Hmmm...might THAT have something to do with it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
What the F is going on? We know Mexico has a blind eye, but China? We aren't some flop house, good grief. Legal immigrants are great, illegal ones not so much. Obama and all those stuffed shirts in Washington need to get a clue.
-Well said, elan! (Please post any more pertinent news from S.A. that you find, please!)

[quote=california-jewel;35536721]Thanks for this. Actually the race does not matter, what matters, is those who come here illegally.

Why your at it, since you have no objections to these illegals, and surely some are criminals, how many have you adopted? Taken in, fed, clothe, given a job too. How many![/quote

___++++____++++

-***Well-said. And again, all of the costs and stats are in the article I posted above in the previous post. Read it, folks, it's staggering and scary!!!! Bottom line, the US can't sustain it.

*******Please copy this article, and send it to your senators and reps with a letter demanding reform and to close the borders !!!

Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It doesn't take a lot of character for someone to leave a negative comment on a rep and not sign their name. Shows what kind of people support this administration. I will consider the source and ignore it; but that doesn't help your character development at all, does it?
NCN- I'm sorry you had this experience. So did a few other people I know. Just consider the irrational source, who has nothing to contribute but blind allegiance to the "Emperor", swallows the koolaid, and has nothing intelligent to say.
Apparently, anger is their only resource! Keep on posting...we support you!
-Dandiday

Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
People everywhere should be made aware of the true scope of this problem, but it's especially critical for those living in San Antonio, according to this article:

medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/

It is happening in Austin, too.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM

596 posts, read 730,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not yet at any rate, but I would not put it past the dems to try and get it so they could vote early.
Do you not realize that this kind of ridiculous hysteria is a perfect example of why it's so hard for any intelligent, thinking person to take you folks seriously? All the foaming at the mouth, clutching of pearls, and gnashing of teeth in this thread is just crazy. To hear you tell it, all Americans are going to be infected by those filthy immigrant children, while Obama manages to finagle his way into serving a 5th term (the shifty America-hating bas***d), all while somehow getting children the right to vote. You people have worked yourselves up into a deranged frenzy based on your own imagination, and the steady diet of biased foolishness you continue to feed yourselves from certain talking heads and media outlets.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Do you not realize that this kind of ridiculous hysteria is a perfect example of why it's so hard for any intelligent, thinking person to take you folks seriously? All the foaming at the mouth, clutching of pearls, and gnashing of teeth in this thread is just crazy. To hear you tell it, all Americans are going to be infected by those filthy immigrant children, while Obama manages to finagle his way into serving a 5th term (the shifty America-hating bas***d), all while somehow getting children the right to vote. You people have worked yourselves up into a deranged frenzy based on your own imagination, and the steady diet of biased foolishness you continue to feed yourselves from certain talking heads and media outlets.
How many have you chosen to adopt? None? Typical. We don't want them here. Send them back on foot..Who cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies