Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:43 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Please note, everyone, that Iamme73 CANNOT give anything but emotional rants of the past, or attack Republicans.

Hey, Iamme73, the SUBJECT IS ILLEGALS and the fact the media and our government is either stifling it, or skewing the news.

People don't want CRIMINALS, ILLEGALS, nor the problems, diseases, nor the costs they bring. Haven't you read about the other repercussions that were posted? Read the link to San Antonio's channel 5 news...

Why can't you comment, INTELLIGENTLY, on these facts, news, and statistics that have been presented?

Is it that difficult for you to understand this concept? Or are you just hell-bent on deflecting and throwing out conspiracy theories, emotional rants and attacks like other libs?

Why don't you show that you are different from them, and try to have an actual discussion about this? Again, READ the links that have been posted- they are from REPUTABLE researchers, and local news agencies who are directly dealing with the problem at the border.
We're trying to give you a chance here...why don't you meet the challenge, read the articles and posts, and contribute meaningfully?
If you are OK with a $9 trillion DEFICIT (cost) the current 11 million illegals will cost us (refer to the Heritage Foundation article I posted, let us know.)

But, for heaven's sake, have an INFORMED DISCUSSION. Here again, for your convenience:
Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

Scroll back a few pages/posts for the news link to San Antonio. BTW - I LIVED there, SAW this with my own eyes, and SAW for years, the attacks on OUR ranchers by the illegals, drug runners, and coyotes. IS THIS ALRIGHT WITH YOU???

C'mon...discuss this intelligently!!! And if you STILL disagree, POST your supporting sources!!!
-Dandiday

Those aren't facts. So I discount them.

Instead I go with reality, that xenophobic rants labeling whole groups of new immigrants as criminal disease carriers, is always on the wrong side of history.

That people who make such claims are racists or bigots, whose understanding of the facts are impeded by their racism, fear, and hatred.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Right! and Stevens and the other, guess they came back to life. Maybe they will come and visit you?
Doubling down on insane conspiracy theories doesn't disprove my point.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Do you not realize that this kind of ridiculous hysteria is a perfect example of why it's so hard for any intelligent, thinking person to take you folks seriously? All the foaming at the mouth, clutching of pearls, and gnashing of teeth in this thread is just crazy. To hear you tell it, all Americans are going to be infected by those filthy immigrant children, while Obama manages to finagle his way into serving a 5th term (the shifty America-hating bas***d), all while somehow getting children the right to vote. You people have worked yourselves up into a deranged frenzy based on your own imagination, and the steady diet of biased foolishness you continue to feed yourselves from certain talking heads and media outlets.
Anyone with intelligence and love of America knows that we cannot allow this invasion which is first and foremost totally illegal and brings us disease, financial costs of unbelievable amounts, criminal element and 3rd-world country mentality. All these illegals need to be shipped back to their country of origin and each of those countries need to be told, along with Mexico and any other country assisting in their transport, that all funding from the US will be stopped until they stop this illegal mess.

Now, the news is reporting that "the government" is sending in swat teams and riot-control equipment and personnel to threaten city authority and its citizens with lethal weapons to make sure that the buses bringing these illegals to Montecito (can't remember for sure the name of the California city) that has turned back these buses for the past few days will not stop the dumping of these illegals in their city. Are we going to put up with "an intrusive and interfering government" threatening to shoot anyone stopping illegals from being dumped? What in the world is America coming to? This is sick, sick, sick and totally unconstitutional.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Do you not realize that this kind of ridiculous hysteria is a perfect example of why it's so hard for any intelligent, thinking person to take you folks seriously? All the foaming at the mouth, clutching of pearls, and gnashing of teeth in this thread is just crazy. To hear you tell it, all Americans are going to be infected by those filthy immigrant children, while Obama manages to finagle his way into serving a 5th term (the shifty America-hating bas***d), all while somehow getting children the right to vote. You people have worked yourselves up into a deranged frenzy based on your own imagination, and the steady diet of biased foolishness you continue to feed yourselves from certain talking heads and media outlets.
Anyone with intelligence and love of America knows that we cannot allow this invasion which is first and foremost totally illegal and brings us disease, financial costs of unbelievable amounts, criminal element and 3rd-world country mentality. All these illegals need to be shipped back to their country of origin and each of those countries need to be told, along with Mexico and any other assisting country in their transport, that all funding from the US will be stopped until they stop this illegal mess.

Now, the news is reporting that "the government" is sending in swat teams and riot-control equipment and personnel to threaten city authority make sure that the buses bringing these illegals to Montecito (can't remember for sure the name of the California city) that has turned back these buses for the past few days will not stop the dumping of these illegals in their city. Are we going to put up with "an intrusive and interfering government" threatening to shoot anyone stopping illegals from being dumped? What in the world is America coming to? This is sick, sick, sick and totally unconstitutional.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:02 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Anyone with intelligence and love of America knows that we cannot allow this invasion which is first and foremost totally illegal and brings us disease, financial costs of unbelievable amounts, criminal element and 3rd-world country mentality. All these illegals need to be shipped back to their country of origin and each of those countries need to be told, along with Mexico and any other assisting country in their transport, that all funding from the US will be stopped until they stop this illegal mess.

Now, the news is reporting that "the government" is sending in swat teams and riot-control equipment and personnel to threaten city authority make sure that the buses bringing these illegals to Montecito (can't remember for sure the name of the California city) that has turned back these buses for the past few days will not stop the dumping of these illegals in their city. Are we going to put up with "an intrusive and interfering government" threatening to shoot anyone stopping illegals from being dumped? What in the world is America coming to? This is sick, sick, sick and totally unconstitutional.
To many far Leftists, this invasion is welcomed due to the Cloward and Piven style of overwhelming the system it will bring. They ONLY care about their "party" and power just like good ole Soviets did. What amazes me is that these supporters of this invasion will be affected too and they won't know what happened and try to point fingers elsewhere as usual.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:44 PM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Thumbs down he's not capable of cogent discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

Instead I go with reality, that xenophobic rants labeling whole groups of new immigrants as criminal disease carriers, is always on the wrong side of history.

That people who make such claims are racists or bigots, whose understanding of the facts are impeded by their racism, fear, and hatred.
So, Iamme73, then WHAT resources do YOU have that discount these? Did you read the (left slanted "Slate" magazine's article from MSN? The diseases these kids have are quite real, with valid concerns.

Did you take the time to read the Heritage Foundation articles? The ones that used data from governmental agencies? The US Census Bureau? Well-respected economists from both sides of the aisle?
For heaven's sake, what DO you believe, then?

That everything is just hunky-dory? That we have money growing on trees that will feed, house, clothe, and medically care for any and every person who wants to enter our country illegally?

Tell me, I-73...is there any time we should (in your limited scope) say "no" to the endless flow of illegals? Or, why don't we just fly everyone in from the world who's poor, running from cartels, ISIS, or other terrorist groups? Why limit it to Mexicans and those from Central America???

What, are you racist, then? Because there are tens of thousands of suffering Africans with maimed bodies (arms and legs chopped off) from rival tribes and terrorists? Why don't we fly THEM over, and help them? Seems to me they need it more than Mexico!

Tell me, have YOU donated money to help these poor folk? Donated clothes? Offered to take them in?

Regarding the news of South Texas....journalists, btw, who are reporting on the violence at the border, perpetrated by gun runners, drug runners, and coyotes...not to mention the 7, 800 illegals who were caught in 2011, and found to be not Mexicans or CA's fleeing from drug cartels and poverty...but rather, from terrorist countries. Hmmm...somehow I doubt they came for a handout. Many (most?) were identified as potential "sleeper cells" in the waiting. So, is EVERYONE wrong, in your eyes?

Just where, by chance, do YOU get YOUR information from? Could it be (gasp!) the very same slanted news agencies??? If not, then please clarify...and post YOUR sources!!!

You had your chance to provide a cogent discussion. We can all see now that you're not capable of doing so.
~ Dandi

Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
So, Iamme73, then WHAT resources do YOU have that discount these? Did you read the (left slanted "Slate" magazine's article from MSN? The diseases these kids have are quite real, with valid concerns.

Did you take the time to read the Heritage Foundation articles? The ones that used data from governmental agencies? The US Census Bureau? Well-respected economists from both sides of the aisle?
For heaven's sake, what DO you believe, then?

That everything is just hunky-dory? That we have money growing on trees that will feed, house, clothe, and medically care for any and every person who wants to enter our country illegally?

Tell me, I-73...is there any time we should (in your limited scope) say "no" to the endless flow of illegals? Or, why don't we just fly everyone in from the world who's poor, running from cartels, ISIS, or other terrorist groups? Why limit it to Mexicans and those from Central America???

What, are you racist, then? Because there are tens of thousands of suffering Africans with maimed bodies (arms and legs chopped off) from rival tribes and terrorists? Why don't we fly THEM over, and help them? Seems to me they need it more than Mexico!

Tell me, have YOU donated money to help these poor folk? Donated clothes? Offered to take them in?

Regarding the news of South Texas....journalists, btw, who are reporting on the violence at the border, perpetrated by gun runners, drug runners, and coyotes...not to mention the 7, 800 illegals who were caught in 2011, and found to be not Mexicans or CA's fleeing from drug cartels and poverty...but rather, from terrorist countries. Hmmm...somehow I doubt they came for a handout. Many (most?) were identified as potential "sleeper cells" in the waiting. So, is EVERYONE wrong, in your eyes?

Just where, by chance, do YOU get YOUR information from? Could it be (gasp!) the very same slanted news agencies??? If not, then please clarify...and post YOUR sources!!!

You had your chance to provide a cogent discussion. We can all see now that you're not capable of doing so.
~ Dandi

Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 PM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Thumbs up dear Old glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Bless you, Old glory!!! Back atcha!

Old 07-08-2014, 02:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

Undocumented Immigrants bringing diseases across border? - ABC15 Arizona
If the news media is reporting this are they also racist bigots?

As in “There's been an outbreak of scabies that's been going on for the past month,” Cabrera said.

“Our Border Patrol agents check on us all the time and they told us about the outbreak of scabies,” Garcia said.

Cabrera says the sickness doesn't stop at scabies.

“We are starting to see chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses,” Cabrera said.

Garcia believes the viruses are not confined to the detention center. Not long ago, a group of border-crossers came knocking on his door.

“It was a 7-month-old baby. It was shaking, it had a fever,” Garcia said.

Do you agree with this kind of behavior?

DHS has denied all requests for interviews with doctors and medical staff treating sick immigrants. The agency has also turned down our request for a tour.
President Obama is not working for Americans, he's on LaRaza's side!

Have you heard LaRaza is actually behind this and our government supports LaRaza!

Obama: 'I need a dance partner' on immigration reform - CNN.com

Speaking at the organization's annual conference in Washington, Obama said passing immigration reform measures will require support from both sides of the aisle in Congress.
"Let's be honest, I need a dance partner here, and the floor is empty," he said.

"I need you to keep building a movement for change outside of Washington, one they can't stop, one that's greater than this community," Obama told them.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The squelching of freedom of speech is very concerning. I'm glad that these people chose to speak out anyway and face the risk of arrest.
IF it's true, other than, as has been pointed out, respecting confidentiality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What about people who cannot get the vaccine? They should face swine flu because the executive branch simply refuses to enforce immigration laws passed by congress and refuses to protect the border?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Promoting flu shots.......what a good sheeple! What about those allergic to egg products, they can't take the shot.

Wouldn't need the shot if the government hadn't planned on overloading us with those who are never vaccinated for anything!
Taking these two together, I find it hilarious that people are all of a sudden concerned about swine flu. This board is full of threads and posts about how silly it is to be concerned about something as trivial as influenza, how the vaccine is a government plot, etc. If everyone who can be immunized would get the vaccine, the few who can't get it would have little to worry about. There is a vaccine for people with egg allergy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies