Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,316,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Oh brother. And if it's twenty years from now, what are you worried about anyway?

I will be dead and buried before it happens, so you are mistaken in your assumption that I'm worried about it. It's just a topic for discussion. We have strong protections in the bill of rights for freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms, lib efforts notwithstanding. But there is no right to travel in the Bill of Rights. Should we be restricted from coming and going as we choose, similar to how Mayor Bloomberg tried to restrict what soft drink we could buy, or how Pres. Obama wanted to restrict what gun we could buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 09:16 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,998,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well where do you want to drive to that the government shouldn't know about?
Exactly.

I would like to have a driverless car if I live so long that I am unable to drive.

I wouldn't have to sell my home and move somewhere that has public transportation available.......and I call that keeping my freedom, not losing it. The freedom to live where I want to, where I am happy. The freedom to go to the store when I want to, not having to wait for someone to take me.

I see driverless cars as preserving my freedom, not taking it away.

If they want to track me going to the store, the doctor, the dentist, the vet, a friends house.....why would I care?

I don't see people ditching their cell phones or their computers because they enable a good deal of tracking.....why all the concern over a car?

Old 07-01-2014, 09:21 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,509,373 times
This is such nonsense on its face. If the government wanted to track our vehicles, they would already be doing so.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 PM

45,124 posts, read 26,303,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Exactly.

I would like to have a driverless car if I live so long that I am unable to drive.

I wouldn't have to sell my home and move somewhere that has public transportation available.......and I call that keeping my freedom, not losing it. The freedom to live where I want to, where I am happy. The freedom to go to the store when I want to, not having to wait for someone to take me.

I see driverless cars as preserving my freedom, not taking it away.

If they want to track me going to the store, the doctor, the dentist, the vet, a friends house.....why would I care?

I don't see people ditching their cell phones or their computers because they enable a good deal of tracking.....why all the concern over a car?
I was being sarcastic. Yes I mind the government tracking me.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Yes I mind the government tracking me.
So do I, but I have more pressing concerns. We're already tracked by government and industry. Have been for years. If I had to choose, I'd take government watching me drive to the store over all the damn junk mail I receive from corporations.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,593,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Interesting take. I for one am excited about napping on my way to work.
Yap and text away. Just wait till Google Glass and knock-offs become affordable.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
So do I, but I have more pressing concerns. We're already tracked by government and industry. Have been for years. If I had to choose, I'd take government watching me drive to the store over all the damn junk mail I receive from corporations.
Corporations cant take away your freedom.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:38 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,398,100 times
When the public unions realize we don't need half the police force anymore because there is nobody to pull over and they can't Terry Stop scary minorities for "careless driving" the gig is up.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Corporations cant take away your freedom.
Watching me drive to the store is taking away my freedom? Stay on topic, frank.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Watching me drive to the store is taking away my freedom? Stay on topic, frank.
Where did I say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies