Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:54 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I asked a girl why she voted for him she said "I don't know... I like him"

Another girls said "because he's cute".

Many voted for him because he's black.

wow! handing over power to someone for those reasons ... that's stupidity.
lol

Yes, and your biased, anecdotal evidence is why all 69 million + people voted for him in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I remember the irrational hysteria surrounding Obama in 2008. Some considered him a Messiah. There were people crying when he won. Numerous people wore T-shirts with his face on it. Everyone thought he brought hope.

Now that he's arguably (note: arguably) one of the worst presidents in US history and DEFINITELY failed to live up to the hype he generated, do you think liberals will tone it down a notch? I mean, some excitement for Hillary is fine, but do you think we could do without the face t-shirts, the crying, speaking in tongues and "hope" this time around. Maybe liberals can be more realistic, and not attribute messianic abilities to Hillary. It must be embarrassing to pump someone up so much, only to watch them fail over 6+ years.
I don't think Sergeant Major Hillary Clinton will run for President. She'd have to take time out from the War on Women she's fighting, in order to run. Right now she's taking heavy fire in The Bloody Battle For Free Birth Control because she never knows when she'll be broke again and be unable to shell out the $15 - $50 per month. Plus, every time she apparently hits her head on the glass ceiling, she cries and starts talking like a black man. How many times can she hit her head before voters have a concern about her health?

Hilary's negro dialect - YouTube

Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
I remember the irrational hysteria surrounding Obama in 2008. Some considered him a Messiah. There were people crying when he won. Numerous people wore T-shirts with his face on it. Everyone thought he brought hope.

Now that he's arguably (note: arguably) one of the worst presidents in US history and DEFINITELY failed to live up to the hype he generated, do you think liberals will tone it down a notch? I mean, some excitement for Hillary is fine, but do you think we could do without the face t-shirts, the crying, speaking in tongues and "hope" this time around. Maybe liberals can be more realistic, and not attribute messianic abilities to Hillary. It must be embarrassing to pump someone up so much, only to watch them fail over 6+ years.
No they will not be exuberant about Hillary. She has nearly zero charisma, has tons of baggage, is unattractive (which unfortunately does affect perception), and she has a questionable marriage.

Obama had little track record - which turned out to be good for him. His body of work was short, which means he didn't have much time to screw up. His body of work now is weak and getting worse.

Hillary's body of work is mixed at best and her screw ups will be repeated over and over. She will be promoted because of her gender, but the facts around her will defeat that small advantage she has. She cannot campaign as a anti-Obama like Obama campaigned as anti-GWB.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I think the liberal democrats would get very excited about Elizabeth Warren if she decides to run for president as she has said all the right things progressives want to hear. Will she run? She says no, but we will see.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:

Arguably? Sorry, but that some right wing blogs that give you your opinion say that doesn't mean that it's the case. You have a good thread here for discussion, largely ruined by more pointless whining about Obama.

Will Democrats in general be as jazzed up about her? Probably not. She didn't beat Obama the first time around. I have run into her supporters way back when in hotels around the country and they're a different sort. They love her to no end. It's strange.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't think Sergeant Major Hillary Clinton will run for President. She'd have to take time out from the War on Women she's fighting, in order to run. Right now she's taking heavy fire in The Bloody Battle For Free Birth Control because she never knows when she'll be broke again and be unable to shell out the $15 - $50 per month. Plus, every time she apparently hits her head on the glass ceiling, she cries and starts talking like a black man. How many times can she hit her head before voters have a concern about her health?

Hilary's negro dialect - YouTube

Lol at this.

Somewhere, Harry Reid is deeply confused. No, not over whether he remembered to take his meds this morning, but confused instead over the fact that Hillary has a negro dialect, and yet appears to be white in color.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Quote:

Well, if they know you, they weren't about to give a substantive reason just so you could start an argument.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:

You just described most voters in every election.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
No they will not be exuberant about Hillary. She has nearly zero charisma, has tons of baggage, is unattractive (which unfortunately does affect perception), and she has a questionable marriage.

Obama had little track record - which turned out to be good for him. His body of work was short, which means he didn't have much time to screw up. His body of work now is weak and getting worse.

Hillary's body of work is mixed at best and her screw ups will be repeated over and over. She will be promoted because of her gender, but the facts around her will defeat that small advantage she has. She cannot campaign as a anti-Obama like Obama campaigned as anti-GWB.
Agreed 110% .... and ultimately I think this is why she will decline to run. She has too much baggage from Bill's term. Additionally the Clinton's are seen by many as being too moderate for the "progressives" within the party. Hillary is also seen as being too close to Wall Street which upsets the far leftist "progressives".

The Democrats will likely end up running Elizabeth Warren instead. She is "progressive" enough to make the "progressives" cream their pants. The Democratic Party has gone too far to the left for a Clinton style "New Democrat" centrist.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Yes, and your biased, anecdotal evidence is why all 69 million + people voted for him in 2008.
lol, yea they were being told he was "the one".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies